• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I AM WISCONSINCARRY

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

minuteman wrote:
I am simply saying that Wisconsin Carry is a newer group and I do not know alot about them aside from what I have read here. They sound exactly like what we need, a group that is for open carry and CCW both. We need to be wary of groups that exist to push training for CCW, and those that would trade open carry for it.

I dont understand the comparison to the NRA, but I do understand when a member of this group says they were of the type against open carry in the past and with this groups help they are now all for it. Thats a damn good thing..

We do need groups to fight for our rights, they do need lawyers and a team of people to fight that battle. The anti-gun people sure have them. That means they need funding, I guess that makes every group just like the NRA to some.

Thank-you for sharing your perspective on the organization.

Though we haven't earned your membership yet, I'm confident we share your values.

The goal of Wisconsin Carry was to demonstrate action first before we began to ask for financial resources to support those actions.

We saw many groups in Wisconsin that asked for money first on a promise of action later. We thought people expected more. We also worried that the motivation could become income, not principle. If a person's source of income was based on "demand" from gun-rights persons, we felt their vested interest was in continuity of the struggle, not achieving results. For that reason everyone who participate s in Wisconsin Carry is 100% volunteer. No one gets paid for their time.

We also thought it was important to establish a network of individuals who shared a common interest who could be mobilized to various actionable items. Those who were willing to do more than cheer from the sidelines while others did the work but make (at a minimum) a token demonstration of support. Creating a membership option for nothing more than the cost of a case of beer ($15) we felt would allow us to identify those individuals who were willing to step off the sidelines and participate. While weeding out those that don't support a cause enough to actually "do" something for it. Ironically, there are many people who've we've acted on behalf of that were not members when we took up their specific issue.

We hope to be the best stewards of the membership fee's we collect. In the end, our members will be the judge of that.

I would never ask anyone to join who didn't yet believe that we would be good stewards of the cause and true to the principles we state in our mission. But I would ask that you keep us on your radar screen because I'm confident we will surpass your expectations and when we do, we DO need your support to build a network of freedom-minded people IN Wisconsin who we know will act and fight for freedom with us.

professor gun

imported post

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman wrote:

We will be a better organization with input from members AND non-members alike... but snarky comments do not provide anything productive or actionable. (Though they do offer gratuitous internet-forum self-gratification for the poster himself/herself.)[/quote]

+1
Well stated.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Master Doug Huffman wrote:
bnhcomputing wrote:
So you don't approve of either one BUT will reap the benefits of both when we win. Isn't that just a little hypocritical?
I was here and a gun activist before. I reject the NRA paradigm for my experience. Your suggestion of hypocrisy is stupid beyond belief.
The Obamanation rising makes me vomit.

aa9108b9de60c5e2f9dc30b2deee1786.gif

Dougs did it!!!!!

9,000 posts!!!!

Congratumalations Dougs!

How fitting that your 9,000th post (between the Doug Huffman and Master Doug Huffman accounts) would be a reply from Doug Huffman TO Master Doug Huffman!!!

Dougs is now the Numero Uno OCDO poster of all time! More than Citizen, more than LEO 229, more than Grapeshot.....

Keep up the pace, Dougs. You know youse can do it.

And onward...ever onward toward toward the previously unthinkable........10,000 Posts!!!!

__

Banned
imported post

HankT wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:
bnhcomputing wrote:
So you don't approve of either one BUT will reap the benefits of both when we win. Isn't that just a little hypocritical?
I was here and a gun activist before. I reject the NRA paradigm for my experience. Your suggestion of hypocrisy is stupid beyond belief.

Dougs did it!!!!!

9,000 posts!!!!

Congratumalations Dougs!

How fitting that your 9,000th post (between the Doug Huffman and Master Doug Huffman accounts) would be a reply from Doug Huffman TO Master Doug Huffman!!!

Dougs is now the Numero Uno OCDO poster of all time! More than Citizen, more than LEO 229, more than Grapeshot.....

And onward...ever onward toward toward the previously unthinkable........10,000 Posts!!!!
Hank welcome to Wisconsin. You speak for all of us the picture of ODCO.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

CarryOK wrote:
HankT wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:
bnhcomputing wrote:

Dougs did it!!!!!

9,000 posts!!!!

Congratumalations Dougs!

Hank welcome to Wisconsin. You speak for all of us the picture of ODCO.
Yeah, speak for yourself. When have to choose who would be the bigger troll, Hank would win hands down. Hence the name Hank T or Hank Troll.

I would trust the information I recieved from Doug long before I would trust anything from Hank.