• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I AM WISCONSINCARRY

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

I was showing off one of my new t-shirts at work. I wore it to and from work, but not at work. IF I did, that may constitute sacrilege. I was proud of it. More so, I am proud to be an active member of WisconsinCarry Inc. Later, I was thinking about how I often refer to the organization as 'WE' not they, but WE. Then the Dave Westlake campaing slogan rolled into my head, and out came....

I AM WISCONSINCARRY!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

M

McX

imported post

As a Corporation, and as individuals, WE are WisconsinCarry.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

So you don't approve of either one BUT will reap the benefits of both when we win.

Isn't that just a little hypocritical?

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
And that your club is trying to be just like the NRA?

I threw out this analogy on another thread.

The NRA is a 800-pound gorilla. Other grass roots gun rights groups are 140-pound chimpanzees. If you do a little studying, you will find that chimps are not as majestic as a gorilla, but they are definitely more fierce fighters.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
So you don't approve of either one BUT will reap the benefits of both when we win. Isn't that just a little hypocritical?
I was here and a gun activist before. I reject the NRA paradigm for my experience. Your suggestion of hypocrisy is stupid beyond belief.
The Obamanation rising makes me vomit.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
So you don't approve of either one BUT will reap the benefits of both when we win. Isn't that just a little hypocritical?
I was here and a gun activist before. I reject the NRA paradigm for my experience. Your suggestion of hypocrisy is stupid beyond belief.
A gun activist? Please share a list of your accomplishments.

<insert cricket chirps>

Also, list all the many ways Wisconsin Carry Inc is trying to be like the NRA.

<chirp... chirp...>

If anything, WCI is trying to be what the NRA has not been-- an effective force for gun rights in Wisconsin.

professor gun

imported post

revolverrandy wrote:
I',m going climb aboard too

How many Doug Huffman's are there in here?

Even one is too many.

So this thread starts out as a positive thread on Wisconsin Carry and somehow Doug hijacks it into another one of his NRA bashing tirades.

Yes, that makes total sense, Dougie.

Back to Wisconsin Carry-When this started out I was not in favor of open carry as I had the opinion it would be counter productive. As I watched my friend, Hubert, along with others work at this I became convinced that this is the right way to go. That is why I joined a little over a month ago, attended the lunch at Fiesta Mexicana and met others who are part of this group. Even though I am a newbie, I am proud to be a member of this group.

M

McX

imported post

it's irritating, i plant seeds but i never get to see if they sprout.

minuteman

imported post

professor gun wrote:
revolverrandy wrote:
I',m going climb aboard too

How many Doug Huffman's are there in here?

Even one is too many.

So this thread starts out as a positive thread on Wisconsin Carry and somehow Doug hijacks it into another one of his NRA bashing tirades.

Yes, that makes total sense, Dougie.

Back to Wisconsin Carry-When this started out I was not in favor of open carry as I had the opinion it would be counter productive. As I watched my friend, Hubert, along with others work at this I became convinced that this is the right way to go. That is why I joined a little over a month ago, attended the lunch at Fiesta Mexicana and met others who are part of this group. Even though I am a newbie, I am proud to be a member of this group.
You we not in favor of open carry? Thought it would be counter productive?

I have been open carrying for many years, I had police daring me to open carry in their jurisdiction, people telling me it would be counter productive, all the scare tactics, and often from people in so called civil or gun rights groups.

Many people were willing or even wanting to trade our right to open carry for a privilege to CCW, we need to fight against any group pushing for that. Wisconsin Carry is a newer group so I dont know alot about them, they could be jumping on the bandwagon to make money (many will) or what they say could be very honest and they are just what we need. I really dont know, only time will tell.

As for the NRA, yes they have done some good things, they wouldnt exist if they didnt do something good.

And yes we reap the benefits when any decent laws are put in motion, but we also have to suffer from bad ones. Like enduring an "assault weapon ban" for many years, and having to deal with police using scare tactics to discourage open carry in Wisconsin for many years.

Spartacus

Banned
imported post

minuteman wrote:
Many people were willing or even wanting to trade our right to open carry for a privilege to CCW, we need to fight against any group pushing for that. Wisconsin Carry is a newer group so I dont know alot about them, they could be jumping on the bandwagon to make money (many will) or what they say could be very honest and they are just what we need. I really dont know, only time will tell.

Its hard to know who is who on this board. This sounds a bit like something Brad Krause or Qball would say.

I mistrust anyone I don't know in person with only a handful of posts. Well actually I mistrust some guys with 100's of posts like Masterbator Doug, so basically I mistrust anyone I've not met and seems full of siht.

Anyway, I am Spartacus!!! I mean WI CARRY!!!

minuteman

imported post

I am simply saying that Wisconsin Carry is a newer group and I do not know alot about them aside from what I have read here. They sound exactly like what we need, a group that is for open carry and CCW both. We need to be wary of groups that exist to push training for CCW, and those that would trade open carry for it.

I dont understand the comparison to the NRA, but I do understand when a member of this group says they were of the type against open carry in the past and with this groups help they are now all for it. Thats a damn good thing..

We do need groups to fight for our rights, they do need lawyers and a team of people to fight that battle. The anti-gun people sure have them. That means they need funding, I guess that makes every group just like the NRA to some.

professor gun

imported post

Yes, minuteman, in the past I believed open carry would be counter productive. As I saw how Wisconsin Carry and its members were operating I became convinced that I was wrong and this was the way to go.

You have never changed your mind about some issue?

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

I am the legally armed citizen.

Is it not plainly obvious to even a casual observer that the NRA is no more than a union?  And that your club is trying to be just like the NRA?

Wisconsin Carry is a non-profit Wisconsin Corporation not a "club". Anyone with access or proficiency in searching public records databases could confirm.

Anyone with a penchant for accuracy wouldn't misrepresent our legal status.

If anyone has a philosophical or practical issue with Wisconsin Carry's mission, method, or principles, (or execution there-of) I would welcome them to share their criticism or suggestions publicly or privately.

We will be a better organization with input from members AND non-members alike... but snarky comments do not provide anything productive or actionable. (Though they do offer gratuitous internet-forum self-gratification for the poster himself/herself.)