• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Senate Bills 291 and 308 Advance

aadvark

imported post

Downtown Decatur may be in a School Safety Zone, which, if it is, would not matter becuase the Law exempts this under Georgia Code 16-11-127.1(c)(8).

However, if there is some kind of event taking place, then, the Law says your Guilty.

Makes no sense to me, but:

1. Car Carry in School Zone, where the Children are, Legal, however;

2. Car Carry where The Public is Gathered, Illegal, and it does not matter why.

Oh..., I almost forgot..., you 'could' approach The DeKalb Police to inform them of the presence of a Firearm, but in DeKalb County.., well you know.

Kingfish

imported post

291 and 308 are on their way to the Governor's desk!!!!
I watched the live feed as the house and senate passed 308 a little after 11:00pm. An truly historic day in Georgia.

Now I need to schedule a day to get my GFL (GWL?)

aadvark

imported post

The Governor has already hinted that He will sign The Measures.

Therefore, starting July 1, 2010, there will be no more '1000-foot School Safety Zones' or Public Gatherings.

Kingfish

imported post

aadvark wrote:
The Governor has already hinted that He will sign The Measures.

Therefore, starting July 1, 2010, there will be no more '1000-foot School Safety Zones' or Public Gatherings.
Goes into effect the second he signs them...

SB308:
"This Act shall become effective upon its approval by the Governor or upon its becoming law without such approval..."

SB219:
"This Act shall become effective upon its approval by the Governor or upon its becoming law without such approval."

aadvark

imported post

That is great news.

If that is the Case, if it is anything like HB 89 a few years ago, He [The Governor] will sign them some time here in early May!

aadvark

imported post

Iwill politely call Him, in addition to the usual E-Mail.

groats

imported post

Phone the Gov's office, a nice lady will answer and
forward your request to the Governor.
Write or fax, too!

The Honorable Sonny Perdue
State Capitol
Atlanta, Georgia 30334
Phone: 404-656-1776
Fax: 404-657-7332

ramthor

imported post

jmelvin wrote:
Good to hear Georgians. Let us know when Governor Perdue signs this legislation!
Bump.

New member here, but long-time GFL. Any updates from the Guv's mansion?