• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2nd Amendment friendly politicians in Michigan.

VietVet68

imported post

As I said in the subject I'm trying to determine which Congressmen & Representatives from Michigan do support our 2nd Amendment rights and "OC" if that's possible.
Right now I have nothing so if some forum members have that info and could respond to my question I would be forever grateful.
The reason: I don't want to unknowlingly support any politician that doesn't support our rights during upcoming elections.
I do not affiliate with any organized political party, I choose to support qualified candidates and trust their judgement.
Too many R's & D's are already bought and paid for.
Jack

American Sheepdog

imported post

VietVet68 wrote:
As I said in the subject I'm trying to determine which Congressmen & Representatives from Michigan do support our 2nd Amendment rights and "OC" if that's possible.
Right now I have nothing so if some forum members have that info and could respond to my question I would be forever grateful.
The reason: I don't want to unknowlingly support any politician that doesn't support our rights during upcoming elections.
I do not affiliate with any organized political party, I choose to support qualified candidates and trust their judgement.
Too many R's & D's are already bought and paid for.
Jack
http://www.ustpm.org/

eastmeyers

imported post

Sorry that I do not currently have the patience to look through the NRA web-site but I do know for a fact that it is on their somewhere. Just look through and click on some links, I've seen it somewhere but I'm not sure where.

God Bless

mikestilly

imported post

I definitely wouldnt rely on the NRA for the best 2A cantitates. Heres a good example of how crappy they are. That new gun control bill in the senate is being supported by an -A rating member of the senate. I find the NRA ratings to be way off and useless.

American Sheepdog

imported post

I'm an NRA Certified Instructor, yet they do not support or donate to my campaign. They will support the GOP candidate first, but only if he/she has a clean 2nd Amendment background. Independent or Libertarian candidates are often even second in line to pro gun democrats...especially on the NE states. Gun owners of America is much less concerned with a mainstream candidate. To date, the NRA has yet to return my petition to them for support. No correspondence to speak of.
It's the same with the Tea Party express guys. They are funded by the RNC. No independent or Libertarian candidates were allowed to address the people. My running mate was at every stop in Michigan, but all you saw was mike Cox and other GOP candidates. Yes, other independent candidates were also denied access to speak.

The mainstream machine is powerful. Free advertising at the hands of the media for both parties. They get to Washington and in our legislature and we end up in a monarchical government by force of the media. Just because the NRA is pro gun, don't expect to see many conservative independents who were rejected by the Republican party. I'm not being biased...I AM an NRA Instructor!

kevron2020

imported post

Jack Hoogendyk running against Fred Upton. US Congress House of Rep. 6th District. I am currently at his house with my side arm on my hip and he knows and loves the fact that I carry it everywhere I go. He acknowledges the fact that the 2A is not about hunting.