• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone know anything about Front Sight Firearms Training Institute

Should I buy in to the membership or...

• Buy the membership.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Go to the gun shop and buy a new gun.

• Buy a Surefire X400 for my H&K P30.

• Put my money back in the mattress.

• Total voters

Philthy Phil

imported post

I was checking this place out few months ago Front Sight Firearms Training Institute its over the hump in Pahrump and thought the courses were a bit pricy they average 2k for a course. Not your average course for sure!! So I get this email from them to send don't tread on me flags to Washington on the 19th which I did and for doing so they will give the people doing so a "great reward"?? Expecting a coupon or something they sent out a membership opportunity ?? Well seems this includes 6k worth of training courses that you can take over and over when ever you want to for the rest of your life??

QUOTE;
Here is what you get with Front Sight's "Don't Tread on Me" Lifetime Membership...
Attend the following courses Free of Charge and As Many Times As You Wish for the Rest of Your Life: Here is the kicker it is only $419.00. Has anyone had any dealings with this place or know anything about it or the owner, [font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"] Ignatius Piazza[/font]?? Sounds like they may be having finance issues and need some quick cash?? All I have heard is that the place is always really busy from visitors around the world?? I hate to give them 838 of my hard earned cash for me and my girl and they fold up in two months!!! Seems kinda fishy if you ask me??
The deadline is April 30th any feedback will be helpful
and take a look for yourself at frontsight.com
Thanks Phil...

The Big Guy

imported post

Yes, it is a quality place. Take a Saturday and go over and look at the place, it's impressive. They are always offering deals. You can hear their advertising on Vegas Radio and National talk shows as well, Jones, Savage, Limbaugh ect.

BG

doninvegas

imported post

I think it is a lot of money for what you get....But i got my training in the military...8 years worth....why would you want to take the same class over and over...
I learned how to shoot in 1950...and haven't forgot anything yet...:?

Terry NLV

imported post

I'm a front sight member and have taken several courses.

I suggest you go on ebay, there you can but a weekend course at frontsight for around $100.00 if it the first time you have ever been there.

Let me know if you want more details.

Terry

takemine2

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'm also a Front Sight member and I do not have any regrets in spending the money I did to be amemberin this organization. I learned alot and am looking forward to more classes with them in the coming years.

GoDSpeeD

imported post

I heard some interesting things about Front Sight. Some not very pleasing which has made me decide not to go to that place. However the ebay thing is a good idea if you plan on doing it.

GoDSpeeD

ianto94

imported post

I am a member, and think this is a very good deal for the handgun and rifle courses. You will learn a lot. Note that you will get tons of offers to upsell you and because the advanced courses are great, you'll likely drink that kool aid as well. $420 for just the 8 days of training you would get from the 4 day handgun and 4 day rifle is a tremendous deal in my view. Jump on the deal and go the next two weeks to those courses. And for that price, so what if it closes down in a few weeks, which I don't think is likely. I paid a hell of a lot more for my diamond membership and thus I am comfortable it will be around.

Kathy England

imported post

I went a couple of months ago for a single course. I would LOVE to buy a membership. I was thoroughly impressed with the quality of the curriculum and instructors.

My background is in training (not firearms related) so I know quality training when I see it. Few things annoy me more than watch someone teaching ineffectively...its always obvious to me, even if I am not familiar with the subject.

Also, if you sign up for the email newsletter, they offer huge discounts on their courses and memberships. My parents paid for my class for Christmas...they got a $1000 course for $100. Their pricing structure is just designed as great marketing...they over price it and then sell it at a discount. I can't blame them for having an effective marketing strategy, especially when its backed up by delivering on the promises.

Go for it if you get the chance!

Kathy

DavidS

imported post

This weekend I meet a couple from Boulder City and who have taken a 5 day course there. They received training, CCW's for 30 states and a NEW Springfield XD 9mm, 40 or 45. After talking with this couple and the stories of all the training they received, this sounds like some really good training. They only had to find ammo to take the class with, which was about 800 to 1000 rounds. Something I will look into.

VegasGlocKid

imported post

lifetime membership for 4 different courses? how many times do you think you have to take those to get them down? i hope just once. if they taught something different each time than a lifetime membership would sound nice. but going in for those 4 classes over and over......

Jeff Hayes

imported post

I just went to the 5 day class on the 19th of March. I learned a lot and would go back again say once per year just to refresh my skills. Very good training, very good staff especialy instructor Walker.

Philthy Phil

imported post

Well the deadline passed and we didn't dive in I figure if the chance comes up again we will take it! So I got my surefire x400 strapped it to the rail of my hk p30 40 omg accurate is an understatement set it up for 12 yards and where ever the lazer is pull the trigger and you have a hole and the tac light is like daylight best 330 I have spent in a while!!! Also snagged a good deal on a 7 shot s&w 357 mag wheelgun its been a good weekend....

spiritof76

imported post

I'm a member of Front Sight and the $419 was the best value I have seen offered via their e-mails so far, after a year of being on their list. If you consider that their certificates (good for a 4 day class) sell for an average of $175 on ebay last I checked, this membership will pretty much pay for itself if you take two, maybe three classes there. I live in Pahrump and have taken the 4-Day handgun class three times so far (and plan to again, probably several more times) as well as the rifle and shotgun classes. They did have a deal not too long ago where you could buy anything you had already bought before, this time at half price.

The four day classes have a lot of variety --- in addition to plenty of outdoor range time training to shoot, there is a good amount of time spent drilling on malfunction clearances (very important!), quite a bit of classroom time with good info on tactics, laws, etc., outdoor "simulator" areas (houses, canyon trails, etc), and a night shoot with flashlights. This last is a lot of fun with handgun, but is a bit rough during the shotgun class due to the weight of the shotgun on your support-side arm.

It's all very good with the caveat that the classroom sessions are the same for all the basic courses, so once you have been through a class or two you no longer really benefit from that, so as a returning student you are given the option to do more range exercises with other return students, with instructors there helping you to fine-tune your skills.

The training is high quality and I think at this price point one really can't go wrong. If you buy it and end up liking it enough to want more classes, they do apply what you already paid to the cost of a higher-end membership. Though unless they offer the 912 again, the only realistic option is the "Legacy" membership which is what they pitch to the students during lunch on the second day and goes for $2500.

So in conclusion I really like Front Sight for the training and also they make a big point of emphazing their stated purpose of saving the Second Amendment by improving the image of gun ownership within our lifetime. I have no connections or financial interest in promoting them either. A few weekends ago there were 800 people there, and this past weekend around 500. So it is definitely very popular, based almost entirely of word-of-mouth recommendations of their students.