• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need 1911 OC Holster Suggestions

sevenplusone

imported post

Big Gay Al wrote:
Even leather holsters are going to cause wear on the finish, unless, as previously suggested, you get a stainless pistol. Just a little FYI.
And everybody knows, good honest wear on a parkerized 1911 is awesome.

Bronson

imported post

Big Gay Al wrote:
Even leather holsters are going to cause wear on the finish, unless, as previously suggested, you get a stainless pistol. Just a little FYI.

Sorry not quite true. My Serpa has worn two bright shiny lines into the top of the slide on my Dan Wesson commander 1911. It's an all stainless gun with a matte non-glare slide top...except for the afore mentioned shiny lines :p Highly polished stainless guns will also show little surface scratches like crazy.

Bronson