Thread: CO Springs home invasion

scubabeme

Post imported post

COLORADO SPRINGS (AP) - Police say a man entered the bedroom of a home while the residents were asleep, woke them up and showed them a handgun, then left without incident after saying he had the wrong house.

Colorado Springs police were looking for the suspect following the reported 3 a.m. Friday home invasion.

Police did not say whether the man apologized.

No injuries were reported.

Names were not released.

Lucky you say? Yeah--lucky the homeowner wasn't armed, else he'd likely be dead instead of "missing."

Post imported post

Agreed.
    "Most people respect the badge. Everybody... respects the gun."

Post imported post

Can someone point me to how to store your weapon and where to get the training so that if a perp has to purposefully WAKE you while he's armed that HE'D be the dead one? I wanna learn that trick shot.

Post imported post

Yeah, dogs would help. But just being "armed" wouldn't change the "luck" of the posted situation.

Post imported post

That's true, but the barking of the dogs will awaken you in plenty of time for you to arm yourself appropriately. No matter what the dogs are barking at, treat it as a threat until proven otherwise.
    "Most people respect the badge. Everybody... respects the gun."

Post imported post

True enough, but this couple didn't even have that much sense. Hell, even if they did have dogs, they'd probably be the type to yell "shaddup" at the dogs and turn over back to sleep. Much less get the drop on a bad guy.

Post imported post

Exactly what the wifey and I were talking about this weekend. We need a dog. Cats just purr and lay around.

Attack Cat signs don't seem to deter anyone.

Post imported post

Diocoles wrote:
    Exactly what the wifey and I were talking about this weekend. We need a dog. Cats just purr and lay around.

Aren't home alarms cheaper to maintain? You won't have to replace your wife's shoes... your living room carpet... your wife's garden... won't have to pick up dog crap.. no barking.. lol

Post imported post

Diocoles wrote:

If we find a way to domesticate Mountain Lions, we'll be set in that area.

Post imported post

mahkagari wrote:
    Can someone point me to how to store your weapon and where to get the training so that if a perp has to purposefully WAKE you while he's armed that HE'D be the dead one? I wanna learn that trick shot.
    Under your pillow.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Post imported post

since9 wrote:
    mahkagari wrote:
    Under your pillow.
    Um no thanks. I'm not exactly comfortable laying my head on a loaded gun.

Pretty much no gun storage is going to allow you to access your firearm if someone wakes you up with a gun already POINTED at you. Sounds like these folks need an alarm system.

Post imported post

Ian wrote:
    since9 wrote:
    mahkagari wrote:
    Under your pillow.

Pretty much no gun storage is going to allow you to access your firearm if someone wakes you up with a gun already POINTED at you. Sounds like these folks need an alarm system.
    Hang your loaded shotgun from the ceiling. Attach a string to the trigger. Muzzle pointing out window. Bring string down to your bed side.

Problem solved.

Post imported post

What if he comes in another way? I have two skylights, a bedroom door, a window in the attached bathroom and the main bedroom window...

I know! MORE SHOTGUNS AND STRINGS!!!!!!

Post imported post

Ian wrote:
    since9 wrote:
    mahkagari wrote:
    Under your pillow.
    I am! Very comfortable. Although I put it under the pillow next to me, as I'm single and have a queen bed.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Post imported post

cscitney87 wrote:
    Ian wrote:
    since9 wrote:
    mahkagari wrote:
    Hang your loaded shotgun from the ceiling. Attach a string to the trigger. Muzzle pointing out window. Bring string down to your bed side.

Problem solved.
    Funny Post of the Day Award, and called it before noon!

scubabeme

Post imported post

All good replies!! Once again, "trolling" in a sense. I was expecting to stir up a hornets nest, and almost did. Yeh, if someone wakes you up, in your bedroom, with a gun pointed at you--HIGHLY unlikely you could get to your own firearm before they could shoot you.

Good discussions though!

Post imported post

since9 wrote:
    I am! Very comfortable. Although I put it under the pillow next to me, as I'm single and have a queen bed.
    For some reason I don't see one of those two things changing while the other stays the same.

Post imported post

since9 wrote:
    mahkagari wrote:
    Under your pillow.
    Under my pillow has worked for me for 20+ years! Barrel pointed toward headboard wall!