• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CO Springs home invasion

S

scubabeme

imported post

COLORADO SPRINGS (AP) - Police say a man entered the bedroom of a home while the residents were asleep, woke them up and showed them a handgun, then left without incident after saying he had the wrong house.

Colorado Springs police were looking for the suspect following the reported 3 a.m. Friday home invasion.

Police did not say whether the man apologized.

No injuries were reported.

Names were not released.

Lucky you say? Yeah--lucky the homeowner wasn't armed, else he'd likely be dead instead of "missing."

mahkagari

imported post

Can someone point me to how to store your weapon and where to get the training so that if a perp has to purposefully WAKE you while he's armed that HE'D be the dead one? I wanna learn that trick shot.

mahkagari

imported post

Yeah, dogs would help. But just being "armed" wouldn't change the "luck" of the posted situation.

OPS MARINE

imported post

That's true, but the barking of the dogs will awaken you in plenty of time for you to arm yourself appropriately. No matter what the dogs are barking at, treat it as a threat until proven otherwise.

mahkagari

imported post

True enough, but this couple didn't even have that much sense. Hell, even if they did have dogs, they'd probably be the type to yell "shaddup" at the dogs and turn over back to sleep. Much less get the drop on a bad guy.

Diocoles

imported post

Exactly what the wifey and I were talking about this weekend. We need a dog. Cats just purr and lay around.

Attack Cat signs don't seem to deter anyone.

cscitney87

imported post

Diocoles wrote:
Exactly what the wifey and I were talking about this weekend. We need a dog. Cats just purr and lay around.

Aren't home alarms cheaper to maintain? You won't have to replace your wife's shoes... your living room carpet... your wife's garden... won't have to pick up dog crap.. no barking.. :lol:lol

CO-Joe

imported post

Diocoles wrote:

If we find a way to domesticate Mountain Lions, we'll be set in that area.

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

mahkagari wrote:
Can someone point me to how to store your weapon and where to get the training so that if a perp has to purposefully WAKE you while he's armed that HE'D be the dead one? I wanna learn that trick shot.
Under your pillow.

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

since9 wrote:
mahkagari wrote:
Under your pillow.
Um no thanks. I'm not exactly comfortable laying my head on a loaded gun.

Pretty much no gun storage is going to allow you to access your firearm if someone wakes you up with a gun already POINTED at you. Sounds like these folks need an alarm system.

cscitney87

imported post

Ian wrote:
since9 wrote:
mahkagari wrote:
Under your pillow.

Pretty much no gun storage is going to allow you to access your firearm if someone wakes you up with a gun already POINTED at you. Sounds like these folks need an alarm system.
Hang your loaded shotgun from the ceiling. Attach a string to the trigger. Muzzle pointing out window. Bring string down to your bed side.

Problem solved.

Evil Ernie

imported post

What if he comes in another way? I have two skylights, a bedroom door, a window in the attached bathroom and the main bedroom window...

I know! MORE SHOTGUNS AND STRINGS!!!!!!

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Ian wrote:
since9 wrote:
mahkagari wrote:
Under your pillow.
I am! Very comfortable. Although I put it under the pillow next to me, as I'm single and have a queen bed. :)

S

scubabeme

imported post

All good replies!! Once again, "trolling" in a sense. I was expecting to stir up a hornets nest, and almost did. Yeh, if someone wakes you up, in your bedroom, with a gun pointed at you--HIGHLY unlikely you could get to your own firearm before they could shoot you.

Good discussions though!

mahkagari

imported post

since9 wrote:
I am! Very comfortable. Although I put it under the pillow next to me, as I'm single and have a queen bed. :)
For some reason I don't see one of those two things changing while the other stays the same.

OCinColorado

imported post

since9 wrote:
mahkagari wrote:
Under your pillow.
Under my pillow has worked for me for 20+ years! Barrel pointed toward headboard wall!