Thread: Appreciation

Post imported post

I am a guy that went through the process of getting a CCW because I want to be able to protect myself, my family and my friends. I am a person that believes that if I have to pull it I will use it. I want to thank you guys for the work you have done by getting the information out where I can OC as well as CCW. I won't say I am the only one doing it legally, but I am Black man doing it legally.

Post imported post

Good to hear, good luck and hopefully you will never need to use your weapon in self defense. If you choose to carry openly, I hope you are treated no differently because of yourskin colorthan any other citizen of our state.

Post imported post

lucius13 wrote:
    I am a guy that went through the process of getting a CCW because I want to be able to protect myself, my family and my friends. I am a person that believes that if I have to pull it I will use it. I want to thank you guys for the work you have done by getting the information out where I can OC as well as CCW. I won't say I am the only one doing it legally, but I am Black man doing it legally.
    Welcome aboard Lucius!

Post imported post

Lucias,

Welcome aboard.

The 2nd Amendmentisn't based on a color, but on a right.I want to THANK YOU, for taking the time to learn the OCing process and hope you tell you friends and family.

Carry open, carry often and be careful out there.

Zeke
    GOD gave me rights!!!....The Constitutuion just confirms it!!

Post imported post

Welcome Lucius!

Banned

Post imported post

lucius13 wrote:
    I'm new here and want to thank the folks here as well. My goal is to do my first OC outing this fall.

Post imported post

Great to see and hear of another OCer.
    The responsibility is ours, the results, GODS

Post imported post

Glad to see the Missouri sub-forum getting busier with more members. Welcome to all the newbies!
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

I am getting ready to OC as well here in Independence. On another thread it was mentioned about Missouri OC pamphlet. I would like to have some ready to use when I begin to OC..if possible.

Anyone one else here from Indep. who OC's? Got any input you might want to give me? hahaha

Post imported post

I really hope that Lucius updates us here with his OC experiences. I really think that being a black manleaveshim ata higher chance of being griefed for his actions than what most white people are going to encounter on average.

I hope I am wrong though.

Post imported post

I open carry in Independence and carry a letter from my councilman who has stated it is legal to open carry in Independence. This is after he spoke to the city attorney and the chief of police.

Post imported post

That is an excellent idea!! Who is your councilman by the way? How long have you OC'd?

Post imported post

I talked to: At-large Council Member Jim Schultz. This is after a Independence police officer told me it was illegal and he would arrest me and take my gun. I'm thinking of getting a motor cycle after he arrest me.

Post imported post

Randyj just asked same question I was going to ask you..thanks for the info