• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Appreciation

lucius13

imported post

I am a guy that went through the process of getting a CCW because I want to be able to protect myself, my family and my friends. I am a person that believes that if I have to pull it I will use it. I want to thank you guys for the work you have done by getting the information out where I can OC as well as CCW. I won't say I am the only one doing it legally, but I am Black man doing it legally.

MK

imported post

Good to hear, good luck and hopefully you will never need to use your weapon in self defense. If you choose to carry openly, I hope you are treated no differently because of yourskin colorthan any other citizen of our state.

Article1section23

imported post

lucius13 wrote:
I am a guy that went through the process of getting a CCW because I want to be able to protect myself, my family and my friends. I am a person that believes that if I have to pull it I will use it. I want to thank you guys for the work you have done by getting the information out where I can OC as well as CCW. I won't say I am the only one doing it legally, but I am Black man doing it legally.
Welcome aboard Lucius!

zekester

imported post

Lucias,

Welcome aboard.

The 2nd Amendmentisn't based on a color, but on a right.I want to THANK YOU, for taking the time to learn the OCing process and hope you tell you friends and family.

Carry open, carry often and be careful out there.

Zeke

Mo

Banned
imported post

lucius13 wrote:
I'm new here and want to thank the folks here as well. My goal is to do my first OC outing this fall.

randyj

imported post

I am getting ready to OC as well here in Independence. On another thread it was mentioned about Missouri OC pamphlet. I would like to have some ready to use when I begin to OC..if possible.

Anyone one else here from Indep. who OC's? Got any input you might want to give me? hahaha

MK

imported post

I really hope that Lucius updates us here with his OC experiences. I really think that being a black manleaveshim ata higher chance of being griefed for his actions than what most white people are going to encounter on average.

I hope I am wrong though.

Jim40Cal

imported post

I open carry in Independence and carry a letter from my councilman who has stated it is legal to open carry in Independence. This is after he spoke to the city attorney and the chief of police.

Jim40Cal

imported post

I talked to: At-large Council Member Jim Schultz. This is after a Independence police officer told me it was illegal and he would arrest me and take my gun. I'm thinking of getting a motor cycle after he arrest me.