Thread: XDm vs. XD barrel quality

Post imported post

i have an XD and been looking at the XDm. and the main thing i was curious about was the barrel quality. the XDm is suppose to have a match grade quality barrel. has anyone shot both the XD and the XDm and noticed a difference. been curious if it was worth selling my XD for an XDm, i mean i know about the other benifits of the XDm over the XD but the barrel was the main thing i wanted to know the difference.

Post imported post

I have the XD9 subcompact & XDM9. I thought both have a match grade barrel but I need to confirm that on the XD.
    I'm very happy with both although the subcompact is more of a carry while I use the XDM for plates & target shooting.

Post imported post

you might be right, i guess i just figured they only put the match grade in the XDm to lure ppl into paying more for the XDm then just going XD. what makes it a match grade, is it the only the twist ratio?

Post imported post

"Match grade" barrels in handguns is the biggest money making joke ever thought up.
    OH NO!!! I cant seem to think of anything "funny" and/or "wise" to put in my forum signature...NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! lol

Post imported post

I have a XD .45, compact and I have given thought to upgrade to the XDm. The thing that stops me is I really like the compact idea. I don't believe it is available in XDm. Is it? I haven't even fired mine since I'm considering selling mine. I've already bought night sights for it and an extra hi-capacity mag.

Post imported post

open4years wrote:
    I have a XD .45, compact and I have given thought to upgrade to the XDm. The thing that stops me is I really like the compact idea. I don't believe it is available in XDm. Is it? I haven't even fired mine since I'm considering selling mine. I've already bought night sights for it and an extra hi-capacity mag.
    Rob leatham himself has said in interviews that if you have an XD that fits you and fills your needs (like your XD.45), there is NO REAL REASON to go with an XDm...

the XD works just fine...if you trade in and buy and XDm your pretty much lighting money on fire. IMHO

:/
    OH NO!!! I cant seem to think of anything "funny" and/or "wise" to put in my forum signature...NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! lol

Post imported post

On the other hand... I had an XD-40 that I finally sold, not because it wasn't accurate, but the recoil with factory loads was a little too much. My 9mm's and .45ACP's were a lot easier to enjoy.

After hearing from someone (I can't remember who or where) that the XDm had softer recoil, I bought the XDm-40. For me, it handles recoil (or I do) a lot better.

Post imported post

goalseter88 wrote:
    i have an XD and been looking at the XDm. and the main thing i was curious about was the barrel quality. the XDm is suppose to have a match grade quality barrel. has anyone shot both the XD and the XDm and noticed a difference. been curious if it was worth selling my XD for an XDm, i mean i know about the other benifits of the XDm over the XD but the barrel was the main thing i wanted to know the difference.
    Match Grade means tighter tolerances and more cash--that's about it. If you have the money, buy the XDm and keep the XD. If not, keep the XD. I do like the looks of the GoodYear design of the XDm grip tho.

Post imported post

open4years wrote:
    Page 9 of May 2010 edition American Rifleman Magazine shows an ad for the XDM45acp "Pick one up soon" is the ad title

Post imported post

midnight61 wrote:
    ItTakesAWolf wrote:
    open4years wrote:
    Rob leatham himself has said in interviews that if you have an XD that fits you and fills your needs (like your XD.45), there is NO REAL REASON to go with an XDm...

the XD works just fine...if you trade in and buy and XDm your pretty much lighting money on fire. IMHO

Page 9 of May 2010 edition American Rifleman Magazine shows an ad for the XDM45acp "Pick one up soon" is the ad title
    ...Ok

I guess I missed your point....

Post imported post

ItTakesAWolf wrote:
    midnight61 wrote:
    ItTakesAWolf wrote:
    open4years wrote:

...Ok

I guess I missed your point....
    There really isn't one, only to let the OP know that if in case he chooses to buy a XDm there's one in 45acp now.

Post imported post

Wolf - my bad, I meant to quote open4years to let him know the XDM45 is coming soon.

Post imported post

midnight61 wrote:
    Wolf - my bad, I meant to quote open4years to let him know the XDM45 is coming soon.
    I understood what you where doing about 5 min after I posted. :/

my bad