• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

not oc related, but I do do need advice.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

Dustiniac wrote:
I got a traffic ticket in Sheboygan back in Feb. I always fight them, so I pleaded not guilty. I was scheduled a hearing, but I couldn't make it. I hand delivered a letter to the clerk of courts saying I couldn't make the hearing, I asked for a continuance. They said fine, so I was waiting, and waiting and waiting for a hearing to be scheduled. I finally got a letter from the Court, I thought it would be the notice for the next hearing. Nope, it was a letter saying I was found guilty because I had never responded!! I called the clerk and complained, she told me to write the judge. Any other ideas!!!?
Maybe.

The clerk told Opie what to do but Opie didn't like that direction. I wonder why? Opie ought to take it like a man, like a good soldier, after throwing away the clerk's offer of vaseline.

imported post

Cobra469 wrote:
Did I say the author? No. Don't put words in my mouth. The reason I put those references there was to reffernce the timelines. Would you like me to spell out everything I say to you Doug? Or are you going to ASSume what you want and twist everything everybody says to meet your own fairyland reality in your little world?
The statutes are cited in the form PDF. Did you write it or even read it?

Again, the author may have wanted the cites only to establish time limitations but their scope is broader than that. Schadenfreude du jour!

Cobra469

imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
Dustiniac wrote:
I got a traffic ticket in Sheboygan back in Feb. I always fight them, so I pleaded not guilty. I was scheduled a hearing, but I couldn't make it. I hand delivered a letter to the clerk of courts saying I couldn't make the hearing, I asked for a continuance. They said fine, so I was waiting, and waiting and waiting for a hearing to be scheduled. I finally got a letter from the Court, I thought it would be the notice for the next hearing. Nope, it was a letter saying I was found guilty because I had never responded!! I called the clerk and complained, she told me to write the judge. Any other ideas!!!?
Maybe.

The clerk told Opie what to do but he didn't like that direction. I wonder why? Opie ought to take it like a man, like a good soldier, after throwing away the clerk's offer of vaseline.

It is what it is Master Troll. If he wants to file a motion to reopen the case than that is his right under Wisconsin State Statute (which was previously quoted so don't start demanding which ones). The rest would be up to the courts, not the trolls.:celebrate

I'm done working so time to go home and sleep.

Motofixxer

imported post

Yes a request to reopen the case can be filed after. Just write a letter to the judge with all the case info and your contact info. Give a reason that he should reopen. If it's a fair reason, sounds like it is. Then he probably will. Make sure you go to that trial. And be prepared for a regular trial, and defending your case. He may just make a ruling right there or he may reschedule a trial date.

imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
Dustiniac wrote:
My rights were violated. I'm not going to just lay down and take it
Then bend over and take it.

Dustiniac wrote:
So the fact that I was denied a hearing isnt a violation? Doug, I sincerely believe its time you find a new forum, one where you can play with all the other kiddies.
You haven't told us, yet, child, which right that would be.

As to your beliefs, I don't give a fig, that you don't want to 'play'. You're screwed and I'm enjoying my schadenfreude du jour, coolly and a la mode.
So, how's it goin', DusTinaC? Someone resurrected this dead thread and I just wondered.

jrm

imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
maybe jrm can shed some light on this.

Sorry, just now seeing this.

Looks like the topic has been dissected already, though, so I won't add anything. I presume the OP has sought to reopen and is anxiously awaiting a decision on that request.

jrm

imported post

thephanatik wrote:
Sounds like your driving might be the problem here. What was the traffic violation (if you don't mind me asking)?
Speeding