• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What Long Gun Do You Carry Out And About In The Bush

.45acp

imported post

I thought it would be interesting to see what long guns other Arizonian's carry out in the boonies.

For myself I carry a 1911 in .45acp (I know big suprise there) or a .44 mag 629 sporting a 3" BBL. For a long gun a M4 flattop with a 3x ACOG with dot over top or for long walk abouts a .338/06 AI scout rifle setup. I really prefere the scout rifle, much more flexible, and in the wind down here it will shoot out to 350 and hit anything you can see. If I'm in an active smuggling area, the nod always goes to the M4.

What do you carry?

Steve

I just realized this is my 100th post on Open Carry!

Sonora Rebel

imported post

.45acp wrote:
I thought it would be interesting to see what long guns other Arizonian's carry out in the boonies.

For myself I carry a 1911 in .45acp (I know big suprise there) or a .44 mag 629 sporting a 3" BBL. For a long gun a M4 flattop with a 3x ACOG with dot over top or for long walk abouts a .338/06 AI scout rifle setup. I really prefere the scout rifle, much more flexible, and in the wind down here it will shoot out to 350 and hit anything you can see. If I'm in an active smuggling area, the nod always goes to the M4.

What do you carry?

Steve

I just realized this is my 100th post on Open Carry!

PavePusher

imported post

Either the Mossberg 500 like S.R., although mine has a bayonet, or my M-N M44 also with bayo.

Why? 'Cause if you run out of ammo, you still have a decent boar spear.... :uhoh::lol:

Sonora Rebel

imported post

PavePusher wrote:
Either the Mossberg 500 like S.R., although mine has a bayonet, or my M-N M44 also with bayo.

Why? 'Cause if you run out of ammo, you still have a decent boar spear.... :uhoh::lol:
That's a Mossy 590... and it does accept a pig sticker...

*1911_man*

imported post

I usually carry a remington 870 tactical, 8 shot with side saddle and a sling that you can hold additional rounds in. Usually i have 6 slugs in the shell holder and the rest is #4 buck. I believe its a good gun for defense against any animals that might see you as a juicy steak

.45acp

imported post

Some fine firearms your have there Rebel. I like the bayonets, if Obama keeps talking amnesty we all may need them before the invasion is over.

Here is a photo of 3 of my goto long guns.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Saiga .308

Surprisingly accurate. Way meaner than an AK or AR. 'specially with Saboted SS109 Green Tip pulls....

*1911_man*

imported post

whats a good handgun round to carry in the woods? the choices i have are a .40, .45 auto, and a taurus judge with either .45 LC, or .410 shells

Dahwg

imported post

I'm in:

Gonzo-Family.jpg

.45acp

imported post

>meso.40< wrote:
whats a good handgun round to carry in the woods? the choices i have are a .40, .45 auto, and a taurus judge with either .45 LC, or .410 shells

All are good, but the Judge with good .45 Colt loads has more power than the 40 or 45. And the .410 buckshot loads are outstanding a close range. Very versatile pistol the Judge.