• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What Long Gun Do You Carry Out And About In The Bush

*1911_man*

imported post

i was thinking the same thing, i would like to have the longer barreled judge, but i have the 2" defender model.

.45acp

imported post

My dad has one, we have experimented with it a fair bit. I started handloading 255 gr SWC hard cast bullets at around 900 fps over a chrono. The cowboy loads sold in all the gun shop chrono around 650 fps. Big difference.

He keeps his loaded with 3" 000 buck for social occasions and car travel. It would be hell on a carjacker, 5 rounds of 000 buck at 3 or 4 feet. That would be a career ender.

Steve

*1911_man*

imported post

Mine stays loaded with the same 000 buck, it has 3 pellets each shell, so 3x5=15 reasons why a car jacker, or a really pissed off mountain goat, should just go the other way

Sonora Rebel

imported post

.45acp wrote:
>meso.40< wrote:
whats a good handgun round to carry in the woods? the choices i have are a .40, .45 auto, and a taurus judge with either .45 LC, or .410 shells

All are good, but the Judge with good .45 Colt loads has more power than the 40 or 45. And the .410 buckshot loads are outstanding a close range. Very versatile pistol the Judge.
I fired a Judge loaded w/000 buck into a cow skull at about 8'.... 'blew it apart.

lowlander91

imported post

My long gun is my 590 like Sonoran Rebel's except my bayonet is a regular length m7 bayonet. It should come in handy during dove season. I swear that PETA is giving those doves PCP at the start of the season.