Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CPL Suspended

Post imported post

Following my encounter at Mercy Hospital in Muskegon ( see other thread ). I was orderd to appere before the Gun Board. After a lot of bullying and berating and me repeatedly spiting the hook out, they voted unanamisly to suspend my CPL until "the compleation of their investigation. 5 hours later I received a phone call from a county sheriff's deputy wanting to know were I was and if we could meet up so he could return my CPL. In the envelop was also a letter from the senior prosecutor ( who did the most badgering ), saying "The Muskegon County Gun Board has decided not to suspend your permit".

I have audio of the whole meeting it is a wav. file 75 MB, but I can't seem to link it?

Post imported post

"Well @#$%, it don't matter, cause I'll just OC for them five hours offer-cer!"

Cool beans on them giving it back without having to hire a lawyer though.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Post imported post

SIGfreed wrote:
    Following my encounter at Mercy Hospital in Muskegon ( see other thread ). I was orderd to appere before the Gun Board. After a lot of bullying and berating and me repeatedly spiting the hook out, they voted unanamisly to suspend my CPL until "the compleation of their investigation. 5 hours later I received a phone call from a county sheriff's deputy wanting to know were I was and if we could meet up so he could return my CPL. In the envelop was also a letter from the senior prosecutor ( who did the most badgering ), saying "The Muskegon County Gun Board has decided not to suspend your permit".

I have audio of the whole meeting it is a wav. file 75 MB, but I can't seem to link it?
    I can post it on youtube if you'd like. Let me PM you and you can FTP the file to me.

Post imported post

SIGfreed wrote:

Sorry you had to endure that nonsense, however, yay on getting it back within 5 hours

Post imported post

I would love to hear the audio of this!
    Someone who can't be trusted to walk free in public with a firearm shouldn't be walking around free.

Post imported post

SIGfreed wrote:
    I sent you a pm about that.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Post imported post

SIGfreed wrote:

SigFreed I have PM'ed you how to get the file to me and I can post it up on the youtube site and everyone will be able to listen to it.

Post imported post

Please post a link to OP..nevermind

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...Mercy+Hospital

Banned

Post imported post

which county?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Well that's just hilarious. They had no grounds to suspend it anyway. I guess they realized they'd just be in for a huge lawsuit for abuse of power.

Post imported post

SIGfreed,

You should be able to go to www.sendspace.com and upload the file and then give us the DL link. Should be free as well.

Brent
    Someone who can't be trusted to walk free in public with a firearm shouldn't be walking around free.

Post imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
    which county?
    Muskegon County

Banned

Post imported post

thanks.

Im with zig here, sue if possible.

Post imported post

Congrats to SIGfreed for winning the administrative tussle about the CPL. It must have rankled the Gun Board members to have to eat crow and give it back.

Don't see any basis for a suit. What are the damages?

Post imported post

Ummmm....Stainless and HkT, no one mentionedsuing anyone.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    Congrats to SIGfreed for winning the administrative tussle about the CPL. It must have rankled the Gun Board members to have to eat crow and give it back.

Don't see any basis for a suit. What are the damages?
    I was saying:

If they had maintained the suspension of the CPL without just cause (there are enumerated reasons for losing a CPL, and no grounds to suspend a CPL outside these reasons), then a lawsuit would be advised, and most any attorney would take the case as the law is VERY cut and dry in this instance.

Banned

Post imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
    Well that's just hilarious. They had no grounds to suspend it anyway. I guess they realized they'd just be in for a huge lawsuit for abuse of power.

Post imported post

why so sue happy? I hear you mention sue or prosecute in every thread you post in.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

kyleplusitunes wrote:
    why so sue happy? I hear you mention sue or prosecute in every thread you post in.
    Me?

Because that's the only way they are held accountable for their actions, maybe?

Banned

Post imported post

Americans dont care about the constitution, they care about money. .

Banned

Post imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
    Americans dont care about the constitution, they care about money. .
    We care about our rights being violated. Money makes those who would take our rights rethink their actions.

Post imported post

not you zig.

Post imported post

kyleplusitunes wrote:
    Not answering for him specifically, but when folks have topay money for their mistakes, the mistakes seem to magically disappearpretty quickly. Definitely when it comes topeople abusing their government authority against fellow citizens, I have no problem with anyone pointing out that civil lawsuits are a potential avenue.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Post imported post

Last edited by T Vance; 09-18-2010 at 11:39 PM.

Post imported post

Please verify the above so we post the correct information on the Youtube video.

Thanks,
    Mike

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast