• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CPL Suspended

SIGfreed

imported post

Following my encounter at Mercy Hospital in Muskegon ( see other thread ). I was orderd to appere before the Gun Board. After a lot of bullying and berating and me repeatedly spiting the hook out, they voted unanamisly to suspend my CPL until "the compleation of their investigation. 5 hours later I received a phone call from a county sheriff's deputy wanting to know were I was and if we could meet up so he could return my CPL. In the envelop was also a letter from the senior prosecutor ( who did the most badgering ), saying "The Muskegon County Gun Board has decided not to suspend your permit".

I have audio of the whole meeting it is a wav. file 75 MB, but I can't seem to link it?

malignity

imported post

"Well @#$%, it don't matter, cause I'll just OC for them five hours offer-cer!"

Cool beans on them giving it back without having to hire a lawyer though. :)

mikestilly

imported post

SIGfreed wrote:
Following my encounter at Mercy Hospital in Muskegon ( see other thread ). I was orderd to appere before the Gun Board. After a lot of bullying and berating and me repeatedly spiting the hook out, they voted unanamisly to suspend my CPL until "the compleation of their investigation. 5 hours later I received a phone call from a county sheriff's deputy wanting to know were I was and if we could meet up so he could return my CPL. In the envelop was also a letter from the senior prosecutor ( who did the most badgering ), saying "The Muskegon County Gun Board has decided not to suspend your permit".

I have audio of the whole meeting it is a wav. file 75 MB, but I can't seem to link it?

I can post it on youtube if you'd like. Let me PM you and you can FTP the file to me.

FatboyCykes

imported post

SIGfreed wrote:

Sorry you had to endure that nonsense, however, yay on getting it back within 5 hours :)

mikestilly

imported post

SIGfreed wrote:

SigFreed I have PM'ed you how to get the file to me and I can post it up on the youtube site and everyone will be able to listen to it.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Congrats to SIGfreed for winning the administrative tussle about the CPL. It must have rankled the Gun Board members to have to eat crow and give it back.

Don't see any basis for a suit. What are the damages?

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

HankT wrote:
Congrats to SIGfreed for winning the administrative tussle about the CPL. It must have rankled the Gun Board members to have to eat crow and give it back.

Don't see any basis for a suit. What are the damages?
I was saying:

If they had maintained the suspension of the CPL without just cause (there are enumerated reasons for losing a CPL, and no grounds to suspend a CPL outside these reasons), then a lawsuit would be advised, and most any attorney would take the case as the law is VERY cut and dry in this instance.