• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CPL Suspended

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
Americans dont care about the constitution, they care about money. .
We care about our rights being violated. Money makes those who would take our rights rethink their actions.

DanM

imported post

kyleplusitunes wrote:
why so sue happy? I hear you mention sue or prosecute in every thread you post in.

Not answering for him specifically, but when folks have topay money for their mistakes, the mistakes seem to magically disappearpretty quickly. Definitely when it comes topeople abusing their government authority against fellow citizens, I have no problem with anyone pointing out that civil lawsuits are a potential avenue.

malignity

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
kyleplusitunes wrote:
why so sue happy? I hear you mention sue or prosecute in every thread you post in.

Me?

Because that's the only way they are held accountable for their actions, maybe?

The difficult problem here is that MANY lawyers will not take a case like this. If you decide to go that route, good luck.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

malignity wrote:
zigziggityzoo wrote:
kyleplusitunes wrote:

Me?

Because that's the only way they are held accountable for their actions, maybe?

The difficult problem here is that MANY lawyers will not take a case like this. If you decide to go that route, good luck.

Lots will, you just have to go out-of-town for a lawyer.

SIGfreed

imported post

T Vance wrote:
Would these be the individuals you spoke to on the gun board?

[align=center]

[align=center][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]CONCEALED WEAPONS LICENSING BOARD
Phone: (231) 724-6324 [/font]
[/align]

[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][/font]

[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Tony Tague, Prosecutor[/font]

[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Dean Roesler, Sheriff[/font]

[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]State Police Representative[/font]

[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Nancy A. Waters, Clerk[/font]
[/align]

Marc Curtis, Senior Assistant Prosecuting Attorney

Sgt. Gary Miles, MSP Detective

Lt. James Christianson, Muskegon County Sheriff Detective

Nacy Waters, County Clerk - not present

EM87

imported post

I just listened to the audio and WOW, is that guy spewing misinformation with an inflated ego!

"If you have a CCW, right, can you carry your weapon in a hospital concealed?"

"Not concealed, no."

"Can you carry into a hospital when it's open?"

"Yeah"

"No, you can't. Because, if you are carrying open, there are places you cannot carry, which is in a hospital."

"You can't carry concealed."

"No, you can't carry concealed in a hospital, you can't carry open in a hospital."

"I don't read it that way."

"Have you gone to law school?

"No"

"Have you spent years as a prosecuting attorney?"

"No"

"Mmk, I'm telling you you're reading it wrong."

The prosecuting attorney then goes on to say that the only reason SIGfreed didn't get charged that day was because the PA said that the gun board would talk to him first.

This guy needs a lot of remedial training. NOW.

sasha601

imported post

Guys,

Muskegon County prosecutor', Marc Curtis conduct is inexcusable. He is either clueless and does not know what he is talking about or he knowingly bullies and misleads a CPL holder at this meeting. Neither is acceptable. This requires a strong response. I encourage all of you call and send e-mails to Marc Curtis himself and his boss, Tony Tague. Here is link to Muskegon County Prosecutor's Office:

http://co.muskegon.mi.us/prosecutor/prosecutor.htm

Prosecutors should not be allowed to bully and mislead people this way. There should be consequences. I am placing my phone call first thing Monday morning. Who else is in?

sasha601

imported post

Pull no stops going after Muskegon Prosecutor Marc Curtis using all available legal means. We should not be treated this way. It is either ignorance or a case of knowingly misleading the public. Neither is acceptable and must be dealt with.