• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tanner Gun Show

cscitney87

imported post

Hey everyone. Who's going to the Gun Show at the Denver Merchandise Mart? Today (Sat.) and Tomorrow only. 8 bucks to get in. http://www.tannergunshow.com/showinfo.html

Anyone expecting to find any crazy deals this time around? I'm going to be looking into something cheap in price to add to my collection. Around $200 tops. I decided against bringing in any of my firearms- I'm not into waiting in lines while everyone fiddles with their piece.

Anyone from our board actually operate a booth at the Gun Show? Now that would be great to know (Keep business in the family).

Hope to get some responses by noon. Have a good day everyone.

*Will be praying for our safety and seriously contemplating buying a bullet proof vest first thing.

cscitney87

imported post

After reading many many stories about the Tanner Gun Show on the internet... From AR15 Forums to LEO Forums to concealed carry forums.. As of lately- everybody says these gun shows are way over crowded and over priced.. "Best thing about it is the jerky" Ugh; I think I'll just visit Green Mnt Guns and hit up some shops along Colfax.

Not to sure I'll be attending.. I should have known.

zach

imported post

I've been to 1 Tanner show. Don't need to ever go back. It's like Wally World meets the flea market.

The gun shows out here seem to pretty much blow. The gun shows I've attended in other areas actually seem to have guns/ammo/reloading gear. The dealers at the Tanner show all seem to have the same display/prices.

To me, the 8 bucks is a waste.

ZackL

imported post

Another upside to buying from a local shop is that you can put something on layaway if you don't have all the cash right now... Pretty sure that wouldn't fly at the gun show.

FogRider

imported post

I'm headed out in a few minutes, in fact. True, it's been rather lame of late (the dealers haven't seemed to catch on to the fact that the Obama scare a while ago is over, and have not adjusted their prices), but there are a few deals to be had on occasion. And if nothing else, it gets me out of the house and I get to look at guns. That's a good day in my book.

bomber

imported post

FogRider wrote:
I'm headed out in a few minutes, in fact. True, it's been rather lame of late (the dealers haven't seemed to catch on to the fact that the Obama scare a while ago is over, and have not adjusted their prices), but there are a few deals to be had on occasion. And if nothing else, it gets me out of the house and I get to look at guns. That's a good day in my book.

this is how i feel about the tanner show too. i go about oncea year just to spend a day gawking, talking and walking. last time i went (october i think) i did see a few good deals on ammo and other stuff. and i bartered the price down on a few things, enough to walk away from the show having recouped my $7 admission as well as being a few bucks ahead on the deals i made.

i bought 150 rounds of 9mm, including 50 147 gr. +p (which i had been looking for elsewhere and couldnt find) for $30. i could have bought more ammo at good prices if i had the money.

i got a fobus paddle holster for my c9 for $20. i got some dirt cheap ear protection. i got a hard locking case for securing my pistol in my car for like $12 i think. i almost bought a jennings .380 pocket pistol for $75, but i talked myself out of it. i got a few other little things i had been wanting as well.

and i got some awesome brauts from the braut guy.

cscitney87

imported post

I need an real life opinion- Is your C9 concealable? I want to pick up the C9 while my Taurus 745 is in the shop. Need to be able to conceal it probably in the small of the back in an IWB but anything may work. Please let me know and even take pictures if you can? Thanks

Demo3

imported post

It should be called the Tanner Knife Show. Not that I have anything against knives. I was hoping to find some 1911 parts but only found one place that had more than a few things. I did see a few more grip venders this time.

My wife liked the Bead Show.

Diocoles

imported post

I have found the show lacking lately. Same stuff, different tables.

Prices suck. Walley World beats any vendor there.

You get your exceptions. Few and far between.

I still can find good deals on some knives, some accessories, but mostly not any more.

I went to 3 different Walmarts this Sunday and picked up 1,000 rounds of 9MM for 9.47 per box. Winchester and Federal 50 round White boxes. FMJ 115grain and 124grain. Most were 115grain.

2 boxes first store, 3 boxes 2nd store and last store, no limit and all I could afford was another 15 boxes. They still had at least another 20 boxes or so.

Can't get that kind of deal at the show anymore. Even the gas used was less than the show entrance fee. Straight shot to all three stores via I225 and I70.

The first store was strange cause some sheriff from Montana was down visiting and they have no limit on purchases for LEOs. He bought every last box of 22LR and all the 9mm except for the last 2 boxes. I got those. Gosh.

cscitney87

imported post

Walmart by southwest plaza, off wads- they had ammo the other weekend. I got 100 rounds of .40sw and 100 of 9mm. Great great prices on ammo. Loving that. First time in over an entire year that I have found ammo at Walmart. I felt lucky so I got a lottery ticket- it was a loser.

Diocoles

imported post

cscitney87 wrote:
Walmart by southwest plaza, off wads- they had ammo the other weekend. I got 100 rounds of .40sw and 100 of 9mm. Great great prices on ammo. Loving that. First time in over an entire year that I have found ammo at Walmart. I felt lucky so I got a lottery ticket- it was a loser.

Dang it, forgot my lotto tickets in the glove box, maybe I be rich now!!!

Yes, I couldn't believe how much ammo I was seeing, specially in the .380 and .40 sizes.

bomber

imported post

Diocoles wrote:
I have found the show lacking lately. Same stuff, different tables.

Prices suck. Walley World beats any vendor there.

You get your exceptions. Few and far between.

I still can find good deals on some knives, some accessories, but mostly not any more.

I went to 3 different Walmarts this Sunday and picked up 1,000 rounds of 9MM for 9.47 per box. Winchester and Federal 50 round White boxes. FMJ 115grain and 124grain. Most were 115grain.

2 boxes first store, 3 boxes 2nd store and last store, no limit and all I could afford was another 15 boxes. They still had at least another 20 boxes or so.

Can't get that kind of deal at the show anymore. Even the gas used was less than the show entrance fee. Straight shot to all three stores via I225 and I70.

The first store was strange cause some sheriff from Montana was down visiting and they have no limit on purchases for LEOs. He bought every last box of 22LR and all the 9mm except for the last 2 boxes. I got those. Gosh.

where are these walmarts?!?!?! i go to the one off of 225 and mississippi, hampden and quebec, I-70 and quebec and 6th and wadsworth and i never find any. especially not at those prices. the cheapest i saw was remington for $13.47 a box.

cscitney87

imported post

6th and Wads is never going to have ammo Ever in a billion years because that Walmart has a Grocery Store. Any Walmart with a Grocery Store is going to bring in about 1000% more customers than a non-Grocery. I think that's the secret; anyway. Find the Walmarts without a food section. No Food = Ammo

cscitney87

imported post

FogRider wrote:
Well, I found me a M91/30 Tula Sniper that I got a decent deal on, so I'm happy.
Nice was that a Saturday buy or a Sunday buy? Are all the good deals taken by Sunday? I was wondering about the crowds; is it shoulder to shoulder most places?

FogRider

imported post

That was on Saturday. To be honest, I don't know that one day is better than the other, I've found deals on both. It's usually pretty crowded, but you can get around alright. Last Saturday however was just unreal. After having to park a quarter mile away I damn near didn't go in. Based on the BG check wait time (45min, the usual on a show day) lots more lookers than buyers though.

cscitney87

imported post

FogRider wrote:
That was on Saturday. To be honest, I don't know that one day is better than the other, I've found deals on both. It's usually pretty crowded, but you can get around alright. Last Saturday however was just unreal. After having to park a quarter mile away I damn near didn't go in. Based on the BG check wait time (45min, the usual on a show day) lots more lookers than buyers though.
Thank you that's the information I was looking for.

ColoradoFlyer

imported post

I find the show lacking and expensive. Have been looking for A Sig Pro and found one last month and the guy wanted $700 cash. I passed. Found it on Gun Broker for $600 and included both barrels, 40/357sig and they guy was pleasure to do business with, included the shipping and only had to pay Green Mtn the $35 transfer fee, no taxes... Cool. Have been looking for a Springfield XDM 3.8 9mm, several vendors had them for $609, to $629. Green Mtn and Sportsman both have them for $599, not always in stock but when I call then will tell me and Sportsman will do a 24 hr hold if you tell them you want it. And always disappointed in the lack of quality ammo available, willing to buy re-loaded ammo but not really available here. In texas there are several vendors that do nothing but carry affordable ammo such as 9mm, 40, and 45 available in50 or 100 round bags or sping for 250 rounds and they throw in a nice refurbed ammo can... Shop around and avoid the $ 8 cover.You can find some great deals.

mahkagari

imported post

I rarely go to Tanner for guns. And that is only if I know specifically what I'm looking for and the price to beat and have the day to gamble the admission fee on. Usually I'm looking for reloading equipment, brass, targets, ammo cans/boxes, snap caps, camping gear, gun rugs,actually pretty much anything BUT guns. Then the $8 (wasn't it $6 not to long ago?) is just a convenience fee of being able to shop for everything in one place. Hopefully, I'll find enough deals to justify the admission. The one guy on the back that has ammo boxes for $1 is worth a lot of it.