• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nations Gun show

25sierraman

imported post

my wife's a competent shooter it wasnt her first time shooting 357. I understand hank's issue and i appreciate other people's input on my behalf. It was just a little giggle...... haha ....... thats all we are all alive and life will go on. so did anyone else have any interesting experiences at the show? id hate to be the reason this thread goes way off topic. Hank i understand you know more than everybody in the whole world and that your opinon seems to trump everyone elses but seriously can we just move on?

richarcm

imported post

HankT wrote:
25sierraman wrote:
HankT wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
25sierraman wrote:
Always fun to switch out my wifes 38 special for some 357 without telling her :celebrate.
Now that's some funny stuff right there!
Doesn't that kind of shenanigansborder on the dangerous?

Playing around with guns is...well, it's playing around with guns.
she has a firm grip and its already pointed down range when she shoots........ would you like me to not do it again? nobody died and i wouldn't have done it if i had not already seen her fire a 357 competently. ok im sorry please don't yell at me?

Switching out specials for random magnum loads can be a good exercise to deal with flinching. But that method requires the shooter to know about the loads in his/her gun. It's an exercise. A lesson.

I'm thinking your practice,if it doesn't include full knowledge by your shooter, is unsafe.

What would a range officer say about your practice, I wonder?
Any more or less unsafe than having someone fire a gun for the first time? Or having someone shoot a 357 for the first time? Lets be honest. Everything about guns, to some degree, is unsafe. The trick is minimizing it.

curtiswr

imported post

Guy on another forum is saying there was a fight at the expo center today. Anyone hear/know anything about it? :question:

Riana

imported post

Curtis wrote:
Guy on another forum is saying there was a fight at the expo center today. Anyone hear/know anything about it? :question:
I saw what appeared to be a medical emergency (girl sitting on ground, surrounded by people, including a VSP officer - maybe she'd fainted?), but no fight. Of course, I was only there a couple of hours.

25sierraman

imported post

les_aker wrote:
25sierraman wrote:
no it was the other vendor right near jerrys ummmm they were from tazewell va in the back wall.
That would be Bailey's Gun Supplies. Mark and Amanda Bailey run a nice family operation.
YES!!! that one. Yea it was a nice setup. Looks like a mom pop and daughter operation. Very friendly people.

wheelerXD

imported post

Man I love desantis I looked all over the show to find a holster that would fit my new Jericho and I had one all along the desantis I bought awhile ago for my Sig P226 that holster it great it has fit every single gun that I have put in it. Plus it saved me at least $80 since that was the cheapest holster I could find for the full size .45. Can't wait till next sunday to go to the range and try it out.

Semper Fi

richarcm

imported post

I also bought (2) 15 rd mags for my dad's 1911. I tried one out yesterday at the NRA range (shhhh...don't tell him) but it didn't seem to feed properly. Is that normal for 15rd mags?

***And the girl at the magazine section in the back....yeah...***

vt800c

imported post

I went ahead and bought a Chiappa 1911-22. I like the little rimfires, so i thought I'd give this one a try. Background check took about 15 minutes (I was #2 in line). took it home and cleaned it. I'll give a rnage report within the next few days.

I know it's not a 'big gun' but then, thats just not my style. I got it as a target plinker. We'll see how it goes.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

richarcm wrote:
I also bought (2) 15 rd mags for my dad's 1911. I tried one out yesterday at the NRA range (shhhh...don't tell him) but it didn't seem to feed properly. Is that normal for 15rd mags?

***And the girl at the magazine section in the back....yeah...***
Never used a 15 rd mag in a standard design 1911 and don't think I ever would. I'm guessing its not some new product from Wilson or Virgil Tripp.

Failure to feeds in a 1911 when determined to be the fault of the magazine (not timing, feed ramp) are likely induced by feed lips, follower and/or mag spring.

Also how does the mag sit when viewed through the ejection port in relation to how a good one looks? Does it seat tight and firm or loosely?

Compare the magazine feed lips to those of a known good magazine. How does the top round sit in relationship with one in a good/consistent mag? Different? - Then problem possibly with feed lips or follower. Quality followers can be purchased from Wilson or Tripp.

Was the problem consistent though out the string of fire or was in isolated to the beginning or end of the loading? This could be indicative of a spring twisting or bunching. Haven't a clue as to where to get a 15 rd spring replacement.

This is not likely to be solved with internet chat - good 1911 smithy will be better, but be prepared to be his chew toy if you bought the latest Chinese wonder mag. :?

Yata hey

blt38

imported post

I went Sunday morning. Crowd wasnt too bad till after noon. I picked up a couple boxes of .380 target ammo and a spare mag for my Browning hi power. First time I had been there. Fascinating. Will definitely have to go back

Walt_Kowalski

imported post

Went all 3 days, and spent way too much $ :(

Friday was just by myself, went in to pick up my 'list' for my AR15 (all Magpul goodies and ammo )

Sat. Met with some experienced buddies and just walked the floor

Sun Met with a few buddies that don't as of yet own firearms, and walked then thru some great beginner handguns.

Good times.

25sierraman

imported post

yall are lucky. I've been on shift the past two nights so i only got one day in. Oh well there's always next time. Maybe i should take some leave around that time haha.

W.E.G.

imported post

I rescued an orphan.

rightsidewithammo.jpg

nova

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
Riana wrote:
Aw, it's just adorable!  Does it have a name yet?  :lol:
Smithsonian.

I shouldn't laugh, being a revolver guy myself (though I like semi-autos almost as much, and carry one daily), but...

:lol::lol:

W.E.G.

imported post

I call it "Flitz."

I have discovered that Flitz removes "bubble" nickle finish making a rusty spot three times the size it was before the "fixing" started.

Hey, at least its a step up from its partner "Pimp Daddy."

withammo-32Long.jpg

cooldude.gif