Thread: Uncle Mikes Paddle Holster

Post imported post

Yesterday I bought a new Glock 23. Absolutely love it. Fits me perfectly. With it I picked up an Uncle Mikes Paddle Holster. I love the holster, great retention, secure on my belt, just great. The only problem I have is that it presses real hard against my hip and causes irritation. Has anyone else had this problem? I am a very skinny guy so I'm sure that's the cause. But if anyone else has had this problem, what would you suggest to make it more comfortable?
    "Know firearms, know safety. No firearms, no safety"
    "If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts."

Post imported post

What position on your belt do you carry it? I carry my 23 in a Serpa paddle, and I have to carry it right at 9 o'clock in order to get the curve of the paddle to fit my skinny @$$ without digging into me.

Post imported post

I normally carry it directly on my right hip. Which causes it to dig into my hip bone because there isn't a single ounce of fat on me, I'm quite literally skin and bone. Should I position it more towards my butt? I've tried moving it lower and higher on my belt but that doesn't seem to do any good.
    "Know firearms, know safety. No firearms, no safety"
    "If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts."

Post imported post

You might want to look into some other paddles. I started with a Fobus, and it was a pretty narrow curve. It fit me pretty well, but I didn't like the passive-only retention, so I got a Serpa. When I first pulled it out of the box, I thought "holy #$%@, this paddle is huge." it's waay wider than the Fobus, but with a little work I got it to fit me just fine. I haven't tried the Uncle Mike's so I can't give you any direct advice about that particular holster.

Post imported post

I don't like paddles for the very same reason of digging in to me. I prefer a dedicated gun belt and holster for OC, and IWB for CC.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

I use a Fobus paddle holster with my G22 and carrying in certain positions it does dig into me. My safari land paddle holster doesn't dig. Maybe because its leather and molds to me a little better.

Post imported post

Hendu024 wrote:
    You might want to look into some other paddles. I started with a Fobus, and it was a pretty narrow curve. It fit me pretty well, but I didn't like the passive-only retention, so I got a Serpa. When I first pulled it out of the box, I thought "holy #$%@, this paddle is huge." it's waay wider than the Fobus, but with a little work I got it to fit me just fine.
    I agree. I am also really skinny and have found that the wider the paddle the more comfortable the holster is for me. I have both Serpa and Bladetech holsters. They both have wide paddles and are a lot more comfortable. Try a few different companies before you give up on paddle holsters entirely.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."