Thread: Armed Bank Robbery

Post imported post

http://www.wkowtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12369519

I'm thinking if they have a no firearms policy, its a shame that criminals do not follow it...
    "I don't really care for "cream cheese"..."

Post imported post

Mlutz wrote:
    http://www.wkowtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12369519

I'm thinking if they have a no firearms policy, its a shame that criminals do not follow it...
    hahaha you got that right! wonder if they had signs on the door :what:

Post imported post

BerettaFS92Custom wrote:
    hahaha you got that right! wonder if they had signs on the door :what:

I would sure hope so.

Post imported post

Heh. Pile on the trespassing charge.

Kinda like 'The Firm' where they were busting the mob for mail fraud.
    - What da hay?

Keep Calm and Carry On

Post imported post

I've never noticed a "no guns" sign on any of the Madison area banks, but I would be willing to wager that one would be rapidly informed of such a policy by the local police at the request of the bank if one OC'd.
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan

Post imported post

Shotgun wrote:
    I've never noticed a "no guns" sign on any of the Madison area banks, but I would be willing to wager that one would be rapidly informed of such a policy by the local police at the request of the bank if one OC'd.
    Evergreen State Bank in Sun Prairie has one of the "No hats, no sunglasses. no hoodies, no guns" ADVISERY signs on the inner door. I walked in with Mr. Glock on my hip and made a mortgage payment. They told me to take a fresh-baked cookie on my way out.
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

Post imported post

I think I'd make it a point of wearing a hat and sunglasses every time I went there if I saw that sign.
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

M&I banks have the same sign on their doors. I spoke with the branch manager andfollowed up with corporate who said it was not going to be changed. They said it was for my safety to disarm me! They did state the sign did not apply to anyone who was legally licensed to carry

I am now in the process of switching banks. At least there's no sign on the door at UWCU.

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan

Post imported post

Brendon .45 wrote:
    M&I banks have the same sign on their doors. I spoke with the branch manager andfollowed up with corporate who said it was not going to be changed. They said it was for my safety to disarm me! They did state the sign did not apply to anyone who was legally licensed to carry

I am now in the process of switching banks. At least there's no sign on the door at UWCU.
    Icarry every time I go toUWCU in Sun Prairie.
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Brendon .45 wrote:

Yes they do, and I make sure that I have sunglasses on every time I walked in there. I recently pulled all my money out of M&I, why you ask? For a few reasons that I will not go into here, but the big one is;

They took $1,715,000,000 in TARP bailout money in 2008, and they still owe that to the government plus interest!!
    Cite----> http://banktracker.investigativereportingworkshop.org/
    Use the website I linked to, and check out their troubled asset ratio compared to the national median .
    On the verge of failure? I would say, yes!

Post imported post

I open carried at Chase this morning and nobody said a single thing to me. I did notice the personal banker do a double take though. We shall see what happens next time I go in and they had time to research it some more.

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Cobra469 wrote:
    I open carried at Chase this morning and nobody said a single thing to me. I did notice the personal banker do a double take though. We shall see what happens next time I go in and they had time to research it some more.
    Chase is so anti-gun, they will not evendo business withgun dealers manufacturers, or anything related to firearms. (the article about this is in the generla section)

So I would expect them to have a fying-****-hernia next time they see you, At least chase paid back their billions of debt to the fed's in a timely manner.

Post imported post

Nutczak wrote:
    Cobra469 wrote:
    Chase is so anti-gun, they will not evendo business withgun dealers manufacturers, or anything related to firearms. (the article about this is in the generla section)

So I would expect them to have a fying-****-hernia next time they see you, At least chase paid back their billions of debt to the fed's in a timely manner.
    Looks like that turned out to be their policy for business loans. Not exactly anti-gun since an investiment in the gun industry might not be the best investment. I inspected every inch of the only public entrance, the interior area between the second set of doors, and throughout the first 15 feet of the lobby for ANY posted policies. Having found none regarding firearms or dress requirements I conitnued to handle my business. Interesting thing was I told them point blank when I opened my account that I intend to file for another LLC with the intention to use it to invest into firearms collecting and as a holding company. They were really stoked about trying to get me to file my paperwork right away and open an account with them for it. Oh well we shall see.

And I apologize tot he OP for redirecting this thread.

Post imported post

Not a problem.

Regarding UWCU, they are apparently in the process of forming a branch wide policy banning guns. I'm meeting with the CFO Brad McClain on Wed 7/7 to hopefully change that.

McX
    picked up the paper this am here, let's see; guy robbed of back pack, armed home invasion, they robbed a f888in' ice cream truck driver!, robbed some dollar store employees coming out of work, yep.......everything is ok around here.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    picked up the paper this am here, let's see; guy robbed of back pack, armed home invasion, they robbed a f888in' ice cream truck driver!, robbed some dollar store employees coming out of work, yep.......everything is ok around here.
    Also on the news last night, the pizza shop being robbed at gunpoint for the 2nd time. I think it was wauwatosa.