• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Armed Bank Robbery

Mlutz

imported post

BerettaFS92Custom wrote:
hahaha you got that right! wonder if they had signs on the door :what:

I would sure hope so. :lol:

Teej

imported post

Heh. Pile on the trespassing charge.

Kinda like 'The Firm' where they were busting the mob for mail fraud. :D

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

I've never noticed a "no guns" sign on any of the Madison area banks, but I would be willing to wager that one would be rapidly informed of such a policy by the local police at the request of the bank if one OC'd.

Plankton

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
imported post

Shotgun wrote:
I've never noticed a "no guns" sign on any of the Madison area banks, but I would be willing to wager that one would be rapidly informed of such a policy by the local police at the request of the bank if one OC'd.
Evergreen State Bank in Sun Prairie has one of the "No hats, no sunglasses. no hoodies, no guns" ADVISERY signs on the inner door. I walked in with Mr. Glock on my hip and made a mortgage payment. They told me to take a fresh-baked cookie on my way out.:)

Brendon .45

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

M&I banks have the same sign on their doors. I spoke with the branch manager andfollowed up with corporate who said it was not going to be changed. They said it was for my safety to disarm me! They did state the sign did not apply to anyone who was legally licensed to carry:banghead:

I am now in the process of switching banks. At least there's no sign on the door at UWCU.

Plankton

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
imported post

Brendon .45 wrote:
M&I banks have the same sign on their doors. I spoke with the branch manager andfollowed up with corporate who said it was not going to be changed. They said it was for my safety to disarm me! They did state the sign did not apply to anyone who was legally licensed to carry:banghead:

I am now in the process of switching banks. At least there's no sign on the door at UWCU.
Icarry every time I go toUWCU in Sun Prairie.:)

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Brendon .45 wrote:

Yes they do, and I make sure that I have sunglasses on every time I walked in there. I recently pulled all my money out of M&I, why you ask? For a few reasons that I will not go into here, but the big one is;

They took $1,715,000,000 in TARP bailout money in 2008, and they still owe that to the government plus interest!!
Cite----> http://banktracker.investigativereportingworkshop.org/
Use the website I linked to, and check out their troubled asset ratio compared to the national median .
On the verge of failure? I would say, yes!

Cobra469

imported post

I open carried at Chase this morning and nobody said a single thing to me. I did notice the personal banker do a double take though. We shall see what happens next time I go in and they had time to research it some more.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Cobra469 wrote:
I open carried at Chase this morning and nobody said a single thing to me. I did notice the personal banker do a double take though. We shall see what happens next time I go in and they had time to research it some more.

Chase is so anti-gun, they will not evendo business withgun dealers manufacturers, or anything related to firearms. (the article about this is in the generla section)

So I would expect them to have a fying-turd-hernia next time they see you, At least chase paid back their billions of debt to the fed's in a timely manner.

Cobra469

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
Cobra469 wrote:

Chase is so anti-gun, they will not evendo business withgun dealers manufacturers, or anything related to firearms. (the article about this is in the generla section)

So I would expect them to have a fying-turd-hernia next time they see you, At least chase paid back their billions of debt to the fed's in a timely manner.

Looks like that turned out to be their policy for business loans. Not exactly anti-gun since an investiment in the gun industry might not be the best investment. I inspected every inch of the only public entrance, the interior area between the second set of doors, and throughout the first 15 feet of the lobby for ANY posted policies. Having found none regarding firearms or dress requirements I conitnued to handle my business. Interesting thing was I told them point blank when I opened my account that I intend to file for another LLC with the intention to use it to invest into firearms collecting and as a holding company. They were really stoked about trying to get me to file my paperwork right away and open an account with them for it. Oh well we shall see.

And I apologize tot he OP for redirecting this thread.

Motofixxer

Regarding UWCU, they are apparently in the process of forming a branch wide policy banning guns. I'm meeting with the CFO Brad McClain on Wed 7/7 to hopefully change that.

M

McX

picked up the paper this am here, let's see; guy robbed of back pack, armed home invasion, they robbed a f888in' ice cream truck driver!, robbed some dollar store employees coming out of work, yep.......everything is ok around here.

paul@paul-fisher.com

picked up the paper this am here, let's see; guy robbed of back pack, armed home invasion, they robbed a f888in' ice cream truck driver!, robbed some dollar store employees coming out of work, yep.......everything is ok around here.

Also on the news last night, the pizza shop being robbed at gunpoint for the 2nd time. I think it was wauwatosa.