• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fun Guns

autosurgeon

imported post

Here are some of my fun guns...

p1000683.jpg

Hi Point 995 in ATI stock with custom made barrel shroud.

p1080879.jpg

Savage MKII .22LR

P1010280.jpg

Mossberg 500

p1090204.jpg

Heritage Arms .22 LR/.22WMR single action revolver

B

Bikenut

imported post

Hey Autosurgeon.... I have a Hi point 995 with ATI stock too. The ATI stock made a good gun a good looking gun in my estimation.... and got rid of that "cheek slap" the original stock gave me when firing it.

autosurgeon

imported post

Bikenut wrote:
Hey Autosurgeon.... I have a Hi point 995 with ATI stock too. The ATI stock made a good gun a good looking gun in my estimation.... and got rid of that "cheek slap" the original stock gave me when firing it.
Yep and the old stock used to open up at the top joint and grab me beard and pull hair out... ouch!

The new one doesn't do that and it make the gun feel much more durable!

B

Bikenut

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
Bikenut wrote:
Yep and the old stock used to open up at the top joint and grab me beard and pull hair out... ouch!

The new one doesn't do that and it make the gun feel much more durable!
that's funny rite thar!!!:D:D:D

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
an MI pistol .22 LR

heres my baby. very fun to shoot,very cheap to shoot,highly customizable and a reliable gun.

ruger 10/22 with a bushnell 3-9x32 scope($50) and a choate side folding stock($40) holds dime-nickle sized groups @ 50 yards with cheap ammo(not bulk, but still cheap)idk the length when not folded,but its 26 1/4 inches long when folded.

if you go this route,do not use a ruger 10/22 compact(with the 16 in. barrel) with side folding stocks,it would probably fall below 26 inches,making it a SBR,which is illegal in MI currently.

sorry about the small size of the pics,somehow they got resized to that small,and i no longer have the originals.

m_479c1ca24d5e4f80a7ab1176824268a0.jpg

m_ccf86904252b4352a244bf420ef09ca2.jpg

Hate to ask - but is that registered?

lil_freak_66

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
This has been discussed ad nauseum in other threads! It is registered to his mother until he is old enough to have it in his name.

exactly.

any firearm at my residence which i say is mine,is legally my mothers until july.

then once the ruger gets switched to me,i fully intend to trade my MI pistol for a regular pistol.

autosurgeon

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:
This has been discussed ad nauseum in other threads! It is registered to his mother until he is old enough to have it in his name.

exactly.

any firearm at my residence which i say is mine,is legally my mothers until july.

then once the ruger gets switched to me,i fully intend to trade my MI pistol for a regular pistol.
I have a number of students in the same boat... they shoot USPSA but have to have their parents at every match as they cannot posses their competition pistols.

Beerme

Banned
imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:

exactly.

So you are in possession of someone elses firearms?

lil_freak_66

imported post

dont even start that again,its been stated numerous timesto you and othersthat i have never been in illegal possesion of anything.