• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Glocks?

lil_freak_66

imported post

American Boy With a Gun wrote:
so if i bought a glock....whats the chance in percentage that id be disapointed??

i havent heard much of anything bad about them,except from the 1911 fans.

good gun,with good aftermarket support.

i believe it was Ignatius Piazza,owner and founderof Front Sight that says...any gun will do if you will!

make sure it fits you well,should never carry a firearm that you arent comfortable with.

lil_freak_66

imported post

Hmmmm...thats strange, as long as the gun is in MY hand, its comfortable, never held one i didnt like the feel of...

thats a good thing.

but alot of people stress on that point,you have to be comfortable with whatever you choose!

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

Get a used detroit police department glock 22 from here.

Just for giggles I would file down the detroit police department mark just enough so it could be made out.:lol:

malignity

imported post

If FatboyCykes and I continue this conversation, my Glock might be up for sale here soon. LOL

To be honest, like I said, I love my Glock with a passion. I just don't like my accuracy with it at times. It's not terrible, but I can't do two inch groupings like I can with other guns. I do not have this problem with 9mm, or .45, and the two guns I've owned have both been .40, which is making me start to wonder if maybe it isn't the round that is the problem for me. Many people believe that .40 has more perceived recoil than the 9mm or the .45, and I'm wondering if that isn't the problem for me. I've got a Ghost Trigger in the mail, and I'm gonna see if that doesn't make a difference in my accuracy.

lil_freak_66

imported post

i FKN wish!!....has to be a private purchase, after may 7th...unless you have one for sale ill just have to browse the MGO marketplace

as long as you can legally own a firearm...i dont think its illegal for somebody to buy the firearm for you and then sell it to you,just dont forget the purchase permit.

straw purchases are when somebody legally buys a firearm and gives it to somebody that cannot legally posses one.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

Just go shoot them both, at least 50 rd each, and decide for yourself.

I personally think XD is better than glock, but since glock lost that argument painfully, Ill avoid being redundant, and not be too hard on the glocks by rubbing it in.

Just kidding.

1000th post! yay me.:dude:

American Boy With a Gun

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
i FKN wish!!....has to be a private purchase, after may 7th...unless you have one for sale ill just have to browse the MGO marketplace

as long as you can legally own a firearm...i dont think its illegal for somebody to buy the firearm for you and then sell it to you,just dont forget the purchase permit.

straw purchases are when somebody legally buys a firearm and gives it to somebody that cannot legally posses one.

thats a real deep grey area i wouldnt mind avoiding lol....is there someone i can email for an official LE stance on the subject?

CONGRATS STAINLESS!! 1000 posts!...YAY You!

lil_freak_66

imported post

its completely legal,as long as your legally able to purchase,so long as you can acquire the purchase permit that deems you legally able to purchase one,and you'd need the purchase permit before buying the gun from the original purchaser anyways though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_purchase

i.e. pretty much any member of MOC could buy the firearm for you,and then sell it to you.

but if somebody buys from an ffl for you,and they are using a purchase permit instead of a cpl,it might be best to wait for they're registration to be sent in(give it a month) before selling it to you,so you avoid any possible mix ups in who owns the firearm and all that.

EM87

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:

thats a real deep grey area i wouldnt mind avoiding lol....is there someone i can email for an official LE stance on the subject?

We just discussed this:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/42468.html

American Boy With a Gun

imported post

Oh wow....thanks....that makes my life so much easier....especially seeing that ive never had an encounter withan LEOthat didnt end in a handshake and a "Have a good day man, be careful"....surprisingly enough...most warren cops like me :p

junkie

imported post

malignity wrote:
I'm just wondering that if I do need to defend myself, that 9mm won't be enough, and I hate having to buy new holsters every time I want to 'try out a gun'.

This is an argument that I really have never understood. Most self defense shootings happen at VERY close ranges and a 9mm will stop anybody. I feel much more comfortable having 20 rounds of 9mm that I can shoot with great confidence than I would with 8 rounds out of a cannon. That is just me, and I know every shooter is different.

On a side note...I also have a Glock and love it. It is by far the most reliable gun I own. I think if I were to drag this gun through the water, dirt and cold it wouldn't slow down a beat. It is a great gun overall.

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

so if i bought a glock....whats the chance in percentage that id be disapointed??
I think most people are probably happy with them. They function well and they are inexpensive. The problem is that many do not like tupperware guns. I don't. I'd much rather carry a nice 1911 or something else. It is just a matter of preference. If you get the glock at a decent price and don't like it you can probably sell it at not much of a loss.

American Boy With a Gun

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
I think most people are probably happy with them. They function well and they are inexpensive. The problem is that many do not like tupperware guns. I don't. I'd much rather carry a nice 1911 or something else. It is just a matter of preference. If you get the glock at a decent price and don't like it you can probably sell it at not much of a loss.
alright, this argument annoys me...i dont care how big you are, or what armor you have, if you get hit with a 9mm at the VERY LEAST its gonna feel like a frkkin brick hit you in the chest flying from a cannon

RockStrongo

imported post

I have a 3rd generationG17, the original Glock and love it. I can produce tighter groups with it than any other handgun I've shot, very easy to use and take apart, and in my opinion one of the most reliable firearms ever made. The ergonomics also very good, especially if you have smaller hand like I do.

Like R. Lee Ermey says "this is my Glock, there are many like it but this one is mine".

EM87

imported post

Forgot to mention in my last post, I own a G22 and love it. It's a great shooter and comfortable in my hand. Because it's the only pistol I have it's my EDC, but even when I pick up a 1911 (in the next few months), I doubt I'll carry it. Just like you said, the GLOCKs are nice because in a stressful defense situation you don't have to worry about accidentally bumping the safety on and not being able to shoot. (Although I'm sure the people who carry 1911s have practiced their draw and grip enough so it's not an issue.)

lil_freak_66

imported post

RockStrongo wrote:
I have a 3rd generationG17, the original Glock and love it. I can produce tighter groups with it than any other handgun I've shot, very easy to use and take apart, and in my opinion one of the most reliable firearms ever made. The ergonomics also very good, especially if you have smaller hand like I do.

Like R. Lee Ermey says "this is my Glock, there are many like it but this one is mine".

i think its ted nugent that tells people to kiss and/or suck his glock.

the gunny is a great guy,i love most of his shows.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

I was just talking to a cop the other day who was complaining that he had seen a couple of people that they had to shoot with a .40, and in the hospital, as they were removing clothing to save the person, some of the bullets just fell out of their clothes! Some never reached the skin. They were using federal rounds.

I would never carry a 9 or smaller unless it was a backup.