• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good stores in the Denver metro area (firearms/ammo/etc)?

lopoetve

imported post

So apparently there is a massive run going on for Austrian guns...

In all my searching so far today, I found a ~single~ Glock for sale in Denver.

Sheesh. I just want a 3rd Gen 23.

So, lets make a "good" gun shop thread - any places that you all have been recently, that is fair with pricing, good on service, and has real people?

I already know that 5280 and Gunsmoke are skippable, and the selection at silver bullet is minimal, I'm just trying to figure out what else is out there. What shops do you all go to?

bomber

imported post

The Firing Line in Aurora is the gun store i go to if i need to go to a gun store. On Potomac just north of Alameda. they are alright in there. they have a bunch of glocks.

my favorite store is Jensen Arms, but thats all the way up in loveland.

Diocoles

imported post

Jensen's up in Loveland is my favorite, but here in town I go to the Firing Line.

They have high prices, but can get deals now and then. I just mostly shoot my pistols there. Get ammo at Walmart.

That may change.

Over the weekend I was in there and one of the sales guys is telling a customer that if he open carries in Colorado he'll get arrested.

I spoke up and made corrections and the sales guy wouldn't budge. IDIOT.

I told the customer to look up the statutes for himself. Even gave him the Captain in charge of CCW for Arapahoe County's phone number to call. The sales guy appeared to be afraid of open carry in Colorado.. Go figure.

One of the sales guys there also told a customer that having a gun on your seat in your car is considered brandishing and you'll get arrested for that as well..

The guys selling there have no idea of the Colorado laws and are spouting a bunch of crap to customers.

Ticks me off.

Was I wrong to speak up? They don't get paid commission.

bomber

imported post

Diocoles wrote:
The guys selling there have no idea of the Colorado laws and are spouting a bunch of crap to customers.
thats not the first time i have heard about the staff there giving bad information about laws. their staff is nice enough (for gun store guys, who tend to be total dicks, as a rule) but they dont seem to know what they are talking about.

cscitney87

imported post

Does Jensen Arms setup a Concealed Handgun Permit class? Most gun shops offer a class or offer the sign up for another company's class. Money motivated, anyone?

bomber

imported post

cscitney87 wrote:
Does Jensen Arms setup a Concealed Handgun Permit class? Most gun shops offer a class or offer the sign up for another company's class. Money motivated, anyone?
i think they recommend instructors. i dont know if they have their own class. i couldnt say for sure.

Diocoles

imported post

ya, never seen an add for classes via Jensens, but any excuse to stop in there is good enough to go north for.

The wifeywill go along cause she likes to get the honey for sale in the area.

:D

cscitney87

imported post

Any gun shops around have tracer ammunition? I've seen handgun and rifle tracers for sale on the internet in all calibers basically.. Wondering which gun shops carry tracer rounds.

lopoetve

imported post

went to 2 of them on this list- GNG and The Gun Room.

G&G had great, nice folks - small shop, limited in-stock supplies, but very nice people.

Gun Room is what you expect out of an old-school gun store. Tons of firearms of every era - old, new, antique, modern - you name it. The guys there were 100% professional, very efficient, and VERY nice. Lots of stuff I'm going to have to go back for.

mahkagari

imported post

Diocoles wrote:
Was I wrong to speak up? They don't get paid commission.

I don't think it's ever wrong to prevent spreading ignorance. The sales guy could just as easily have misquoted Castle Doctrine that you can legally shoot anyone who walks across your front lawn without your permission. Encouraging people to inform themselves and look up the statutes is never a bad thing.

That said, I've had decent experience with the Bait and Bullet in Brighton. Owner operated. Nice guy, if you don't waste his time, he won't waste yours.

cscitney87

imported post

lopoetve wrote:
went to 2 of them on this list- GNG and The Gun Room.

G&G had great, nice folks - small shop, limited in-stock supplies, but very nice people.
Gun Room is what you expect out of an old-school gun store. Tons of firearms of every era - old, new, antique, modern - you name it. The guys there were 100% professional, very efficient, and VERY nice. Lots of stuff I'm going to have to go back for.
My sentiments exactly. I made my very first firearms purchase at The Gun Room. I was straight up and honest about never owning a gun before and never shooting a handgun before. The guys behind the counter were very receptive and Not condescending at all. Instead of opening their mouths and spewing opinion piece after opinion piece- these guys let me pick my handgun first; then they explained the science behind the gun. I picked up three firearms and settled on the Taurus. The guys behind the counter at The Gun Room were not afraid to tell me "Hey this gun is a little worn out.. This one is nice for the price... This one has some scratches and has been repaired in the past.. Etc" Real people.