• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Harry Reid & the NRA

varminter22

imported post

For many months, there has been a perception that the NRA has endorsed Harry Reid for reelection to the U. S. Senate.

Letters and alerts such as http://media.lasvegassun.com/media/pdfs/blogs/documents/2009/07/15/Reid_-_NRA_Letter.pdf and praise for Harry's support of the Clark County Shooting Park have led many to believe the NRA has endorsed Harry.

NOT true. The NRA has NOT endorsed Harry Reid - at least NOT YET.

----- Original Message -----
To: <>
Sent: Friday, April 23, 2010 6:24 AM
Subject: RE: ILA Contact - Candidate grade or endorsement

Dear Mr. Rhodes,

Thank you for contacting NRA-ILA.

I can assure you, the NRA is aware of its member's feelings regarding Harry Reid. We will fully evaluate Reid's opponent before issuing any endorsement.

During the confirmation of Sotomayor, the NRA indicated that grades would be negatively impacted if a vote to confirm was cast. This will most definitely be taken into consideration when grading Candidates this year.

Should you have additional questions or concerns feel free to contact us again.

Cordially,
Kaelan Jones
NRA-ILA Grassroots Division
spacer.gif

It will be quite some time before the NRA endorses anyone.

It has been said that Harry Reid "hasn't been bad." Well, I say Harry has NOT been good. Singularly, his vote to confirm Sotomayor to the Supreme Court should negate any chance of NRA endorsement.

We'll see ...

I urge everyone to email/write the NRA-ILA, urging them to NOT endorse Harry Reid. We have plenty of pro-2nd amendment candidates - and Harry Reid is NOT one of them.

28kfps

imported post

Yep, I received one of those NRA letters asking me to call and thank Reid. I did scan and saved it (at least I thought I saved it) However it was the same as shown in this first post. I have called and sent several e-mails to good O Harry however the words thank you was never used.
varminter22 wrote:
For many months, there has been a perception that the NRA has endorsed Harry Reid for reelection to the U. S. Senate.

Letters and alerts such as http://media.lasvegassun.com/media/pdfs/blogs/documents/2009/07/15/Reid_-_NRA_Letter.pdf and praise for Harry's support of the Clark County Shooting Park have led many to believe the NRA has endorsed Harry.

Dear Mr. Rhodes,

I can assure you, the NRA is aware of its member's feelings regarding Harry Reid. We will fully evaluate Reid's opponent before issuing any endorsement.

During the confirmation of Sotomayor, the NRA indicated that grades would be negatively impacted if a vote to confirm was cast. This will most definitely be taken into consideration when grading Candidates this year.

Cordially,
Kaelan Jones
spacer.gif

It has been said that Harry Reid "hasn't been bad." Well, I say Harry has NOT been good. Singularly, his vote to confirm Sotomayor to the Supreme Court should negate any chance of NRA endorsement.

We'll see ...

I urge everyone to email/write the NRA-ILA, urging them to NOT endorse Harry Reid. We have plenty of pro-2nd amendment candidates - and Harry Reid is NOT one of them.

28kfps

imported post

Yep, I received one of those NRA letters asking me to call and thank Reid. I did scan and saved it (at least I thought I saved it) However it was the same as shown in the first post. I have called and sent several e-mails to good O Harry however the words thank you was never used.
varminter22 wrote:

Dear Mr. Rhodes,

Cordially,
Kaelan Jones
spacer.gif

We'll see ...

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Harry Reid, based on the July 2009 NRA letter, is apparently the most powerful Democrat to repeatedly support the pro-gun position in the last 5 years.

Hmm, I wonder what the reasons are for his behavior? I think there are three:

N, RandA

24.gif

Still, I think that if NRA should ever endorse Reid, it would be a BIG BLACK MARK against it.