Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HAD A FIREARM WHEN NEEDED AND USED IT IN SELF DEFENCE.

Post imported post

Many years ago I was camped by a river with permission on a friends private land with my wife and two teenage daughters on a weekend fishing trip. Not long after setting up camp we heard a vehicle aproaching at high speed coming along the trackwhich ran past our camp. I was hoping it was my friend the owner of the property but as the vehicle slowedapproching our camp I saw three young men in the cab of a small flat bed truck. They stared at us but continued on. A few minutes later the same vehicle returned only this time it came directly toward our camp. I told my girls to get intoour 4X4 and lock the doors. The men got out of their vehicle and I noticed they were affected by strong drink, I could smell it on them or in their vehicle. They, in a menacing manner, asked the where abouts of thewomen they saw earlier. I replied they were my family, I did not want any troubleand with a smile Isuggested they move on.Giggling childishlythe threemoved toward me. I,standing beside my trailer still attached to my vehicle, reached over the sideboard and in one quick actiongrabbed, pumpedand exposed my loaded Remington 870 pump action 12g shotgun. The three men literally nearlysoiledthemselves, pushing, scrambling over themselves, stumbling,back tracking to their vehicle as I let one round go over their heads. I have no doubt in my mind what so ever that the day would have ended tragicly for me and my three girls hadwe not been armed. The police agreed whenI reported the matter. Sadly since then the Howard Government in Aus. banned pump action shotguns as being too dangerous for us simple minded people. I handed mine in and was compensated for it. With the compensation I was able to purchase a brand new Winchester 44 magnum short barrellever action rifle. Polies here must believe these are not as dangerous as a pump action shotgun and are leagley available to liscensed gun owners like myself.

Haz.
    When a criminal invades your home and has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.

My Definition of Gun Control: The idea that dozens of people found dead in the Broadway Café, Tasmania, and many also seriously wounded, all while waiting for police, who were called to show up and protect them, is somehow morally superior to having several armed and therefore alive civilian's explaining to police how the attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

Banned

Post imported post

Haz. wrote:
    Many years ago I was camped by a river with permission on a friends private land with my wife and two teenage daughters on a weekend fishing trip. Not long after setting up camp we heard a vehicle aproaching at high speed coming along the trackwhich ran past our camp. I was hoping it was my friend the owner of the property but as the vehicle slowedapproching our camp I saw three young men in the cab of a small flat bed truck. They stared at us but continued on. A few minutes later the same vehicle returned only this time it came directly toward our camp. I told my girls to get intoour 4X4 and lock the doors. The men got out of their vehicle and I noticed they were affected by strong drink, I could smell it on them or in their vehicle. They, in a menacing manner, asked the where abouts of thewomen they saw earlier. I replied they were my family, I did not want any troubleand with a smile Isuggested they move on.Giggling childishlythe threemoved toward me. I,standing beside my trailer still attached to my vehicle, reached over the sideboard and in one quick actiongrabbed, pumpedand exposed my loaded Remington 870 pump action 12g shotgun. The three men literally nearlysoiledthemselves, pushing, scrambling over themselves, stumbling,back tracking to their vehicle as I let one round go over their heads. I have no doubt in my mind what so ever that the day would have ended tragicly for me and my three girls hadwe not been armed. The police agreed whenI reported the matter. Sadly since then the Howard Government in Aus. banned pump action shotguns as being too dangerous for us simple minded people. I handed mine in and was compensated for it. With the compensation I was able to purchase a brand new Winchester 44 magnum short barrellever action rifle. Polies here must believe these are not as dangerous as a pump action shotgun and are leagley available to liscensed gun owners like myself.

Haz.
    So you admit to Brandishing and discharging a weapon?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Yeah, no big deal now. if it were "many years ago" the statute of limitations have long passed. :-P

Banned

Post imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
    Yeah, no big deal now. if it were "many years ago" the statute of limitations have long passed. :-P
    still doesnt make it asinine bud all he needed to do was stand there with it
    If they came closer draw it on them.
    no need for a round to be fired

Post imported post

Haz. wrote:
    ...Sadly since then the Howard Government in Aus. banned pump action shotguns as being too dangerous for us simple minded people. I handed mine in and was compensated for it. With the compensation I was able to purchase a brand new Winchester 44 magnum short barrellever action rifle.
    How much did you get for your 870?

How much did the Winchester cost?

Centurion

Post imported post

I am glad that you were able to protect your family. It is sad that the anti-freedom types have done so much to disarm Australians. I hope that more reasonable laws will be enacted in the future.

Regular Member American Boy With a Gun's Avatar

Post imported post

Yes he did....and in doing so he protected his family.....do you have a problem with people defending themselves and their families?
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." -- Samuel Adams, 1776

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject

Banned

Post imported post

I have zero problem with the brandishing. The discharge was, IMO, not necessary.

However, I was not there. In the heat of battle, decisions have to be made quickly. I will not fault someone who is defending his family for a decision that can be second-guessed while we sit safely at home with time on our hands.

Post imported post

Sounds like the start of a crime drama, but with a far better ending than most! No way that could have been anything but bad had you been unarmed. That's the sort of thing that will make me avoid places I can't have a gun!

Post imported post

Beerme wrote:
    zigziggityzoo wrote:
    Are you kidding? Three guys, a clear threat? Were that my kids, a round over their heads would be a mercy. Even the cops fire warning shots, and in this case, that's clearly what this was.

.....two days here, and two anti-gun moles spotted.....

Post imported post

eye95 wrote:
    I have zero problem with the brandishing.Â* The discharge was, IMO, not necessary.

However, I was not there.Â* In the heat of battle, decisions have to be made quickly.Â* I will not fault someone who is defending his family for a decision that can be second-guessed while we sit safely at home with time on our hands.
    +1

Post imported post

Butthole.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Post imported post

Sounds like you did the right thing & protected your family & self.

Good Job.

Post imported post

Haz said: with my wife and two teenage daughters
    I'm just wondering why three women should cower in a locked vehicle? Why were they not all armed and ready to defend themselves?

I will not knowingly initiate force. I am a self owner.

Let the record show that I did not consent to be governed. I did not consent to any constitution. I did not consent to any president. I did not consent to any law except the natural law of "mala en se." I did not consent to the police. Nor any tax. Nor any prohibition of anything. Nor any regulation or licensing of any kind.

Post imported post

error.

When a criminal invades your home and has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.

My Definition of Gun Control: The idea that dozens of people found dead in the Broadway Café, Tasmania, and many also seriously wounded, all while waiting for police, who were called to show up and protect them, is somehow morally superior to having several armed and therefore alive civilian's explaining to police how the attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

Post imported post

Beerme wrote:
    Haz. wrote:

Haz.
    This happened long before liscencing and registration of firearms was introduced in Aus. and long before the Howard government came into power and at a time when firearm ownership wasthe normand people, especially in the country rather than in the cities carried firearms as normallyas we carry cell phones today.And it happened on PRIVATE PROPERTY, a large cattle station.I reported this matter to police who commented that it was fortunate I was able to defend us. The three who would have attacked us never came forward.

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    Haz. wrote:
    ...Sadly since then the Howard Government in Aus. banned pump action shotguns as being too dangerous for us simple minded people. I handed mine in and was compensated for it. With the compensation I was able to purchase a brand new Winchester 44 magnum short barrellever action rifle.

From memory, dont quote me, the shotgun was valued at about $600 I think. The lever was just under or about that price.

Post imported post

MamaLiberty wrote:
    Haz said: with my wife and two teenage daughters
    I'm just wondering why three women should cower in a locked vehicle? Why were they not all armed and ready to defend themselves?
    We carried firearms back in those days to hunt and for protection against ferel pigs and wild dogs, and to dispatch ferel animals. Rape, murder, home invasions became common place since firearms were banned in Aus. My girls were not armed but fortunately I had a firearm for the valid reasons mentioned above.

If the attachment works. A typical ferel pig found on properties in Aus.

Post imported post

ccwinstructor wrote:
    I am glad that you were able to protect your family. It is sad that the anti-freedom types have done so much to disarm Australians. I hope that more reasonable laws will be enacted in the future.
    Thank you. So am I and so said the police. Aussies now havethe Shooters and Fishers Party working ontrying to get things changed.Theynow have2 seats in government and the Greens and anti-firearms advocates are livid. Politicians take notice of Votes and nothing more.

Post imported post

Beerme wrote:
    zigziggityzoo wrote:
    Hi Beerme.

They were pissed, they asked in a meanacing manner where the ("f#*'n")women were and moved together toward me giggling like mindless crackheads. I previously told them the women were my family and I did not want any trouble. They ignored me. Any normal sober man could see they were interested in nothing but rape and robbery. Maybe you would offer them a beer and discuss the landscapeor maybe you would kindly offer them your youngest daughter as long as they left you alone. They were lucky I let on go over their heads. This was no teddy bears pick-nick.

Post imported post

Haz. wrote:
    We carried firearms back in those days to hunt and for protection against ferel pigs and wild dogs, and to dispatch ferel animals. Rape, murder, home invasions became common place since firearms were banned in Aus. My girls were not armed but fortunately I had a firearm for the valid reasons mentioned above.

Wow, whata monster! What was it shot with?

Haz. wrote:
    HankT wrote:

From memory, dont quote me, the shotgun was valued at about $600 I think. The lever was just under or about that price.
    So it seems you got a reasonable compensation in actual dollars for the 870. I would have thought that the government would decide to pay a pittance.

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    Haz. wrote:

Wow, whata monster! What was it shot with?

Haz. wrote:
    HankT wrote:

So it seems you got a reasonable compensation in actual dollars for the 870. I would have thought that the government would decide to pay a pittance.
    Mate, I truly dont remember. It wasn't shot by me. Yes, it was a reasonable compensation payout. Cost the government over $500,000,000 overall, but I would have prefered not to have to hand it in? Only Law abiding citizens did this. We were advisedto have any firearm declared illegal valued at a gun shop and the written valuation was to be presented to the police officer who then recorded what firearms were being handed in by whom including the value. The firearm barrelwas then bent in front of the owner, at least where I was. I heard that at places, some firearms were put asideby police and on-sold. Within weeks a cheque arrived in the mail. It was that quick, easy, but unpleasent to see.

Banned

Post imported post

LadyGreenEyes wrote:
    Beerme wrote:
    zigziggityzoo wrote:
    Are you kidding? Three guys, a clear threat? Were that my kids, a round over their heads would be a mercy. Even the cops fire warning shots, and in this case, that's clearly what this was.

.....two days here, and two anti-gun moles spotted.....
    I am an anti gun mole?

Get your **** straight doll I am in no way anti gun whatsoever so take your assumption and shove it.
    I am however anti brandishing and illegally discharging a firearm
    thanks for your input toots

Banned

Post imported post

Haz. wrote:
    Beerme wrote:
    zigziggityzoo wrote:
    Hi Beerme.

They were pissed, they asked in a meanacing manner where the ("f#*'n")women were and moved together toward me giggling like mindless crackheads. I previously told them the women were my family and I did not want any trouble. They ignored me. Any normal sober man could see they were interested in nothing but rape and robbery. Maybe you would offer them a beer and discuss the landscapeor maybe you would kindly offer them your youngest daughter as long as they left you alone. They were lucky I let on go over their heads. This was no teddy bears pick-nick.
    I stand by my original statement
    Raise your weapon
    Chamber a round
    tell them to stop where they are
    Keep that gun on them until they are gone
    discharging a round was uncalled for, what proof did you have that rape was going to happen?
    what proof did you have that you were about to be robbed?

Post imported post

Beerme wrote:
    Haz. wrote:
    Beerme wrote:
    zigziggityzoo wrote:
    Hi Beerme.

I stand by my original statement
    Raise your weapon
    Chamber a round
    tell them to stop where they are
    Keep that gun on them until they are gone
    discharging a round was uncalled for, what proof did you have that rape was going to happen?
    what proof did you have that you were about to be robbed?
    hH Beerme.

Well, they couldhave beenpeacefull God fearing pilgrims seeking whom they could find in the wilderness far from home to convert to Christianity.

Here is how I saw the situation. We were deep inside a friends multi thousands of acres private property. My friend told me we were the only ones on the property at this time bar his employees, all of whom I personally knew. These guyswere strangers, trespassers,probably the ones stealing my friends cattle, driving an unregistered beat up flat bed truck. They were at the time either drunk, or high as kites on drugs. They were dressed in filthy clothes. They had knives on their belts. They probably had firearms in their vehicle, who knows but they never expected me to have one by the reaction they showed when I grabed mine. The first thing they said on arrival at my camp was, "where are the "F#*+'N" women we saw with you?"

Maybe I was confused? Do you think maybe were they collecting for the red cross?

"A righteous man falling down before the wicked is as a troubled fountain, and a corrupt spring."

You are entitled to your opinion and may I add, I also love beer? Lol.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast