• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kicked out of Albertsons

sempercarry

imported post

Went to Albertsons to buy some milk....got some strange looks but left without event. Came back an hour later to get a movie from redbox and was approached by the night manager and asked to leave. I asked him if it was his policy or corporate and he answered very unsure like, that it was corporate. I asked for corporates numberand left without my movie. Havent had a chance to talk to corporate, any experiance here?

Mainsail

imported post

A few weeks ago, I was walking around the Albertson’s here in Silverdale with my 45 on my belt. I heard a page for a manager to report to somewhere, and didn’t think too much of it. Later, as I was leaving, I spotted a Kitsap County car driving out of the parking lot. I suspect they called the police and were told that the police weren’t going to get involved unless they wanted me to leave.

amzbrady

imported post

deanf wrote:
I would talk to redbox too. I wonder if they would like to know Albertson's is chasing customers away from their machines.
I doubt Redbox will do anything, they probably pay to have their box in the store. They probably go by the stores policy.

deanf

imported post

I doubt Redbox will do anything, they probably pay to have their box in the store. They probably go by the stores policy.

Yeah, probably not worth the small effort of a phone call or email then. I doubt they would be concerned that their landlord is chasing away paying customers.

:rolleyes:

:quirky

Mainsail

imported post

I think your problem is with Albertson's, so deal with them first. Make some calls and get someone in authority to answer to what their policy is. Either the manager is wrong (most likely) or they need to go on the Do Not Patronize list.

Contacting Redbox is only trying to manipulate Albertson's, to do something you think they don't want to do. As we find in most of these cases the store manager either doesn't know or doesn't care what their corporate policy is. Correcting the whole problem helps the next guy who goes into the store.

Mainsail

imported post

deanf wrote:
Contacting Redbox is only trying to manipulate Albertson's, to do something you think they don't want to do.

And there's something wrong with that, if it's done respectfully?
No, but it's not the first choice. The problem is with Albertsons, so take the fight to them first. Think about Starbucks answer to the Brady's; "We don't want too be involved in the politics..." Redbox will likely feel the same; Leave us out of it"

joeroket

imported post

Mainsail wrote:
deanf wrote:
Contacting Redbox is only trying to manipulate Albertson's, to do something you think they don't want to do.

Think about Starbucks answer to the Brady's; "We don't want too be involved in the politics..."  Redbox will likely feel the same; Leave us out of it"

If it is costing them revenue then they may very likely care. They need to know how their customers are being treated by the hosting stores.

amzbrady

imported post

Mainsail wrote:
deanf wrote:

No, but it's not the first choice. The problem is with Albertsons, so take the fight to them first. Think about Starbucks answer to the Brady's; "We don't want too be involved in the politics..." Redbox will likely feel the same; Leave us out of it"
+1, I know if I was redbox, I would send you a list of other redboxs in the area and give you a free rental, then go on with life.Nothing against you, but seeing how they are the cheapest and most conveinant DVD rental outfit around. I doubt they would even bat an eye at losing you as a customer. You need them to save money, and they have plenty of other customers ready to rent from them. It's the secure location that would they would be worried about losing.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Does this really surprise anyone anymore?

If you open carry, there will be incidents as this and in the past it has been handled by contacting the Store Management or Cooperate and deal with it in a respectful manner through the proper channels.

If one was to make a scene it will only instill a negative attitude toward open carry.

Redbox how are they involved in this? their not!

If anyone thinks stop shopping with them will matter, do not kidd yourself, they will probably never know you shopped or stopped!

Does anyone really think this is something new?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Correct, contact Albertson's through the proper channels (contact M1Gunr if you need help, he has done this multiple times) and you will get a result.

It is no more Redbox's issue as it is the independent vendor who service's the gumball machine's in the lobby or the Girl Scouts who sell cookies in the lobby.

joeroket

imported post

Nobody said it was redbox's fault. However the manager did involve them by asking a redbox customer to leave the premises. Like it or not they are involved and they should be notified that a customer was asked to leave while doing business with their machine.

joeroket

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
Correct, contact Albertson's through the proper channels (contact M1Gunr if you need help, he has done this multiple times) and you will get a result.

It is no more Redbox's issue as it is the independent vendor who service's the gumball machine's in the lobby or the Girl Scouts who sell cookies in the lobby.

Was this redbox inside or outside? If it was outside then it is entirely different. If it is inside then your point is well made.

.45ACPaddy

imported post

Just call their corporate office at 1-877-932-7948 and ask to speak with someone about their policy regarding customers legally carrying firearms. Word it carefully, I'm sure they'd just say no if someone asked "Hey can I bring a gun to Albertsons?"

I'd ask something along the lines of "May I speak with someone regarding your policy surrounding customers legally carrying a sidearm?"

From there you can start listing off the laws of WA state.

Aaron1124

imported post

G22Paddy wrote:
Just call their corporate office at 1-877-932-7948 and ask to speak with someone about their policy regarding customers legally carrying firearms. Word it carefully, I'm sure they'd just say no if someone asked "Hey can I bring a gun to Albertsons?"

I'd ask something along the lines of "May I speak with someone regarding your policy surrounding customers legally carrying a sidearm?"

From there you can start listing off the laws of WA state.
Or call in with a Bevis and Butthead voice, and say "Huh huh... Can I uh.. Bring a gun in an Albertson's store?"

lakewood226

Did anyone ever get a solid response? I was confronted by the manager of the lakewood albertsons about 45mins ago. We spoke for a couple of mins about this and I assured him it was legal, he told me a "customer" was scared and if I was a LEO then it was okay. I explained I was not a LEO and in this heat I did not wish to conceal. He was understanding and let me finish but told me he was gonna double check their corporate policy.