• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Asked to leave WalMart, then hit by car in parking lot.

Son_of_Perdition

imported post

Metalhead47 wrote:
Son_of_Perdition wrote:
Metalhead47 wrote:
<-----------

What's a metalhead sticker? :uhoh:

LOL, I bet it would look like this.

29549.jpg
Not likely, I don't drive a lowered Blazer, or like an asshat :lol:

Oh, I didn't think it was you in the car... but your groupies are crazy :p

killchain

imported post

joeroket wrote:
killchain wrote:
joeroket wrote:
So you wouldn't have been hit if you had not of been stopped by an employee telling you to leave because you have a firearm which corporate says you can carry in their stores?

Hmmmm I think I would be having a serious talking to their risk management at corporate if I were in your shoes.
That will go nowhere.

It's not Walmart's fault that some idiot is driving around like a loony.

To the OP: Sucky day. I'd still call their management and complain.

You apparently missed the point of it.
I reread it.

I see what you did there! :p

joeroket

imported post

killchain wrote:
joeroket wrote:
killchain wrote:
joeroket wrote:
So you wouldn't have been hit if you had not of been stopped by an employee telling you to leave because you have a firearm which corporate says you can carry in their stores?

Hmmmm I think I would be having a serious talking to their risk management at corporate if I were in your shoes.
That will go nowhere.

It's not Walmart's fault that some idiot is driving around like a loony.

To the OP: Sucky day. I'd still call their management and complain.

You apparently missed the point of it.
I reread it.

I see what you did there! :p

Sneaky, Sneaky Sir.

;)

northofnowhere

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I don't speak for Walmart while on the message boards. But coincidently I happen to be the equivilent of a Floor Lead in my home state here in Michigan and am very aware of our policy's on carry, as well as how to properly ask a customer to leave the building and or property.

ONLY a support manager (highest hourly supervisor) or salaried manager can ask you to leave. A Floor Lead is equivilent here to a front end type management position, also called a customer service manager, and does not have the power to kick or ban.

When a customer is asked to leave the manager doing so must first identify themselves by name and title.

Company has no written policy on customers carrying guns I could find ever, but does give direction to stores to allow it, and also trains our loss prevention personel to leave open carriers alone and allow them to shop as long as they do so in a safe manner (a holster would be nice, we had a mexican carry customer the other day).

There is only one way to deal with a bad experience in Walmart. Call, ask for a manager. If they do not give you what you want, which at my store would be a large shopping card and a sincere apology for the way you were treated, then ask for the name of thier immediate supervisor. You will start at a salaried manager, then go to the store manager. I doubt you will get higher. If you do get higher, it will be district or regional. Ask for the name and number of the person next in line, don't stop till you get what you want and then some. At some point, usually quickly, you will get satisfaction. Walmart managers are trained to say yes and sorry tocustomersvery well.

good luck. If you need contact info for anyone in that store or area just give me the city and state in a PM and I can get it for you.

nofoa

imported post

I think its a good example of "you can't legislate crazy." Even with her drivers license suspended she still got behind a drivers wheel.

All you can really do is throw the book at someone when they endanger others.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Thanks for you post Northofnowhere, it's good to hear from someone who works for the Company.

Wow, Glad you are Ok (back to the OP). And again a great example of another gun owner who didn't go nuts and shoot people when wronged.

Oh wait, but you must have brought these incidents upon yourself by being "young and confrontational"? Just kidding.:lol:

heresolong

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
Wouldnt it be nice if Wa, did like Philadelphia. Revoke your tags if you let your insurance lap. I've been hit by an uninsured motorist and it turned our life upside down. Guy was driving an uninsured, expired tab truck, with no registration, on a suspended license.
So how did the law in Philadelphia help? The guy had neither and he still managed to hit you.

Matt85

imported post

sounds like one hell of a day! you did the right thing with the crazy bitch who hit you. as for the wal-mart employee, i agree with whats been said above. (report her)

-matt

amzbrady

imported post

heresolong wrote:
amzbrady wrote:
Wouldnt it be nice if Wa, did like Philadelphia. Revoke your tags if you let your insurance lap. I've been hit by an uninsured motorist and it turned our life upside down. Guy was driving an uninsured, expired tab truck, with no registration, on a suspended license.
So how did the law in Philadelphia help? The guy had neither and he still managed to hit you.
Just makes it harder on people and more likely to lose their car. In Philly if your car is impounded you cant get it back with out either relinguishing your tags and have it towed off the lot, or you have to havecurrent ins, you cant get ins without a license. Here, you get your car impounded without a license, you just go pay the fine and drive it away, no license or insurance needed and your back on the road. At least there they make it harder for you.