• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My brothers First OC experience.

Glocked and Loaded

imported post

We went to Everett Wal-Mart and then Alderwood mall. Nobody said anything. And everybody we talked to put on a big smile when they noticed us and where trying very hard to be helpful. Which is not normal. A few people stared.

He had a Glock 22 in a Serpa holster and I had my Glock 21 in a Galco holster and we both open carried.

Overall he enjoyed OCing and wants to OC some more. He really enjoyed how nice everybody was today.

.45ACPaddy

imported post

I've noticed a few people call me "sir" and one person asked if I was law enforcement. I told them I wasn't. Otherwise I just go shopping as usual at Safeway in Lakewood and it's no different than if I were CCing or not carrying at all.

Son_of_Perdition

imported post

I have noticed that people are more inclined to be polite. If people think that OC'ers are an authority figure or not I am not sure.Perhaps for some it is a subconscious acknowledgment of authority? I personally am a fairly passive and polite person, so I really get nothing out of people fearing me. However, the side effect ofcoercing people (due to thepresents of a gun)to be there best is interesting.

And NO, I never pretend to be a cop. I always and quickly correct people if they ask.

Matt85

imported post

glad you where treated well! i live across the street from the Everett Wal-mart and will start OCing in the area as soon as my CZ gets back.

-matt

T

TWG2A

imported post

As the saying goes....

An armed citizenry is a polite citizenry.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

TWG2A wrote:
As the saying goes....

An armed citizenry is a polite citizenry.

Unless you're ....uh nevermind won't open that can of worms......LOL.

I find that probably 95% of my encounters are supportive. And probably every few months might get someone who makes a negative comment.

Probably nothing compared to the comments Rosa Parks might have endured. So standing up for our rights ain't so bad.

Plus it has opened the door to many good discussions with both anti and pro gun folks.

jbone

imported post

Glocked and Loaded wrote:
We went to Everett Wal-Mart and then Alderwood mall.
Did Alderwood mall Security not see you? have they changed policy?(would be nice)