• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why legal guns still cause arrests

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

Why legal guns still cause arrests[font="Palatino, Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif"]
'I am not quite sure what hysteria is about people carrying anything'

I don't know either...
[/font]

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

The poll questions;

[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"] What are your thoughts on open carrying of guns by civilians?[/font]
  • No one except the military and law enforcement should be allowed to own guns, much less openly carry them around [font="arial,sans-serif"]0% (1)[/font]
  • It's absolutely unnecessary in this day and age - America's not that dangerous ... really! [font="arial,sans-serif"]0% (2)[/font]
  • I oppose the idea - violence is never the answer [font="arial,sans-serif"]0% (2)[/font]
  • So, would you feel safer if a bunch of gangbangers followed you into the convenience store packing heat? [font="arial,sans-serif"]0% (1)[/font]
  • If a lot of people around me started carrying guns, it would make me nervous - I'd have to carry one just to feel like I could protect myself from them [font="arial,sans-serif"]0% (2)[/font]
  • I'm more concerned I'll be shot in a restaurant by a law-abiding person who accidentally drops his gun on the floor than by some crook who means me harm [font="arial,sans-serif"]0% (1)[/font]
  • There are too many stupid, irresponsible people in this country to believe they should all be permitted to walk around with semiautomatics strapped to their waists [font="arial,sans-serif"]1% (11)[/font]
  • I respect America's heritage of private ownership of firearms, but it is rooted in a time when people were more moral, polite, self-controlled and known by most of their neighbors [font="arial,sans-serif"]0% (3)[/font]
  • I support it, but I believe it should be limited to unloaded weapons [font="arial,sans-serif"]0% (0)[/font]
  • I support it as long as those doing so have a permit from law enforcement showing they've been trained and are not a threat [font="arial,sans-serif"]4% (43)[/font]
  • I would never carry a gun, but I would feel safer if more people around me were armed [font="arial,sans-serif"]0% (1)[/font]
  • An armed society is a polite society [font="arial,sans-serif"]4% (45)[/font]
  • It would certainly take a bite out of crime [font="arial,sans-serif"]2% (20)[/font]
  • What part of "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" is so hard to understand? [font="arial,sans-serif"]41% (497)[/font]
    spacer.gif
  • The ultimate human right is the right to protect one's self - government has no right to interfere with that or deny the means to do so [font="arial,sans-serif"]48% (584)[/font]
  • Other [font="arial,sans-serif"]0% (3)[/font]

B

Bikenut

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
Why legal guns still cause arrests[font="Palatino, Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif"]
'I am not quite sure what hysteria is about people carrying anything'

I don't know either...
[/font]
A gun is a symbol of power. Tyrannical governments throughout history understood this completely and before taking complete control of it's citizens tyrannical governments confiscated the citizen's guns so there wouldn't be any resistance to their power to force the people to do as they say.

And weenie leftist anti gunners also understand that the gun is a symbol of power. Leftist anti gunners are nothing more than closet tyrants interested in only one thing.... the personal power to make everyone else do as they want them to do. And they instinctively understand that he who has a gun can resist being overpowered. And so... just as some governments have done in the past... leftist anti gunners want to confiscate all the guns so there won't be any resistance to their power to force others to do as they say.

The "hysteria" about guns isn't hysteria.... it is the reaction from people who desperately want to have the power to control everyone else being faced with someone they have no power to control.

Drives them bonkers.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
The poll questions;

[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"] What are your thoughts on open carrying of guns by civilians?[/font]
  • No one except the military and law enforcement should be allowed to own guns, much less openly carry them around
  • It's absolutely unnecessary in this day and age - America's not that dangerous ... really!
  • I oppose the idea - violence is never the answer
  • So, would you feel safer if a bunch of gangbangers followed you into the convenience store packing heat?
  • If a lot of people around me started carrying guns, it would make me nervous - I'd have to carry one just to feel like I could protect myself from them
  • I'm more concerned I'll be shot in a restaurant by a law-abiding person who accidentally drops his gun on the floor than by some crook who means me harm
  • There are too many stupid, irresponsible people in this country to believe they should all be permitted to walk around with semiautomatics strapped to their waists
  • I respect America's heritage of private ownership of firearms, but it is rooted in a time when people were more moral, polite, self-controlled and known by most of their neighbors
  • I support it, but I believe it should be limited to unloaded weapons
  • I support it as long as those doing so have a permit from law enforcement showing they've been trained and are not a threat
  • I would never carry a gun, but I would feel safer if more people around me were armed
  • An armed society is a polite society
  • It would certainly take a bite out of crime
  • What part of "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" is so hard to understand?
  • The ultimate human right is the right to protect one's self - government has no right to interfere with that or deny the means to do so
  • Other

Thanks Doug! I am not awake yet this morning! My vote was for "The ultimate human....."
:)

donny

imported post

Great article. The link at the bottom of the page about the guy convicted of transferring a machine gun (see "broken gun conviction upheld" ) is also a great read. Simply unbelievable.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

donny wrote:
Great article. The link at the bottom of the page about the guy convicted of transferring a "machine gun" is also a great read. Simply unbelievable.

And if I remember correctly the only crimes ever committed with legally owned and registered machine guns was two incidents by two different police officers.

And us normal folk can't be trusted with wearing sidearms?