Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Muskegon Prosecutor, Marc Curtis, bullies and misleads OCer at Gun Board meeting

Post imported post

Here we go fox. Listen and judge for yourself. Lets have a quest. Lets see how many times Mr. Curtis was wrong on the Law during encounter with gun board and OCer. I decided to open the new thread because I am very troubled about his conduct, bullying tactics and misleading statements. I want new thread to have his name in it to give greater visibility.

So, how many wrong facts did you count?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nthDSiKl1y4

Post imported post

Wow....

Kudos to SIGfreed! Way to go brother. What an arse this Curtis guy is, would be nice to see a picture of him eating crow no? Obviously someone put him in his place, at least I hope, what with you getting your CPL back and no charges, at least at this time yes?

I hate these things, they get my heart racing every time I hear one!

Post imported post

Don't forget to count the fact that I was called in in the first place.

And it is true, no charges at this time.

Post imported post

Damm it, I lost count again!

Post imported post

That is very unfortunate that even though hes been to law school and practiced law for 8 years, he still doesn't know the law!

Post imported post

http://co.muskegon.mi.us/prosecutor/contactus.cfm

Contact Us
    Muskegon County Prosecutor's Office
    990 Terrace St., 5th Floor
    Muskegon, MI 49442
    Phone 231.724.6435
    Fax 231.724.6685

Prosecution Team
    LEADERSHIP
    Prosecutor Tony Tague
    American University Law School, Washington, D.C. "82"

Brett H. Gardner
    Chief Assistant Prosecutor
    Valparaiso University of Law "82"
    Joseph J. Bader
    Chief Trial Attorney
    Notre Dame Law School "87"

SENIOR ASSISTANTS
    Raymond J. Kostrzewa, University of Detroit School of Law "91"
    Timothy M. Maat, Wayne State University School of Law "93"
    Charles F. Justian, Thomas M. Cooley Law School "83"
    Dale J. Hilson, Thomas M. Cooley Law School "99"
    Robert F. Hedges, University of Michigan Law School "84"

Marc E. Curtis, Thomas M. Cooley Law School "02"
    Matt J. Roberts, Thomas M. Cooley Law School "99"
    ASSISTANTS
    Paula A. Baker, Thomas M. Cooley Law School "93"
    James L. Corbett, Mercer University School of Law (Walter F. George) "93"
    Rachael R. McEnhill, Michigan State University College of Law "06"
    Terrence E. Dean, Wayne State University School of Law"86"
    Alisha L. Riedl, Thomas M. Cooley Law School "08"
    Kathryn H. Leonard, Michigan State University College of Law "07"

Post imported post

Does anybody knows Marc Curtis e-mail address. or at least its main e-mail addres. Lets make some phone calls and write e-mails to show our outrage.

Banned

Post imported post

Just dont get him confused with Mark Cortis, who is on the board for Oakland County.

Post imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
    Just dont get him confused with Mark Cortis, who is on the board for Oakland County.
    and also, awesome.

Banned

Post imported post

Yeah, he's a good guy.

Post imported post

This guy is a joke, I don't understand, is he illiterate? I honestly see collecting unemployment in his near future.

God Bless
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Post imported post

Post imported post

Zig said in another thread that they had no legal way to suspend his CPL (or CCW permit, as they kept calling it ). They need to be made aware that what they did was illegal and that they cannot suspend a CPL just because they feel like it. The proper course of action, if they weren't sure what the law was, would have been to complete their investigation THEN make a decision.
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Post imported post

Both are live part 1 & 2

http://www.youtube.com/OpenCarryMI

Post imported post

EM87 wrote:
    Zig said in another thread that they had no legal way to suspend his CPL (or CCW permit, as they kept calling it ). They need to be made aware that what they did was illegal and that they cannot suspend a CPL just because they feel like it. The proper course of action, if they weren't sure what the law was, would have been to complete their investigation THEN make a decision.
    You are right on, EM87, right on. For anybody who want write e-mails try these:

curtisma@co.muskegon.mi.us for Marc Curtis (prosecutor who was speaking at gun board meeting)

tagueto@co.muskegon.mi.us (Chief Prosecutor, Mr. Curtis,s boss)

gardnerbr@co.muskegon.mi.us (Chief Assistant Prosecutor, another boss)

Post imported post

Might I suggest to address it to the higher ups an copy them.

Post imported post

I would have read him this section out loud:

Sec. 234d. (1) Except as otherwise provided in subsection (2), a person shall not possess a firearm on the premises
    of any of the following:
    a) A depository financial institution or a subsidiary or affiliate of a depository financial institution.
    b) A church or other house of religious worship.
    c) A court.
    d) A theatre.
    e) A sports arena.
    f) A day care center.
    g) A hospital.
    h) An establishment licensed under the Michigan liquor control act,…
    (2) This section does not apply to any of the following:
    a) A person who owns, or is employed by or contracted by, an entity described in subsection (1) if the possession
    of that firearm is to provide security services for that entity.
    b) A peace officer.
    c) A person licensed by this state or another state to carry a concealed weapon.

Then asked, "Am I currently licensed to carry a concealed pistol in this state?"

Obviously (hopefully) they would have said yes.

Then I would have asked, "So, you agree, that according to the general firearms laws, the CPL law excepted, that as long as I have a CPL I am exempt from the places where firearms are prohibited?"

Hopefully, they would have said "Yes"

Then read them 28.425o out loud

"Sec. 5o. (1) Subject to subsection (4), an individual licensed under this act to carry a concealed pistol, or who is exempt from licensure under section 12a(1)(f), shall not carry a concealed pistol on the premises of any of the following:"

Then asked, "sir, we agreed that I was licensed to carry a concealed pistol correct?" Hopefully he would have answered "Yes". Next question, "the law clearly states, that someone licensed under the act shall not carry a CONCEALED pistol on the premises..., Sir, was my pistol concealed?" He would have had to answer "no".

"So, as we agreed to, the general firearms laws prohibit someone from carrying any firearm into those places so listed, unless exempt by having a CPL, and, we agreed that the CPL law clearly states that nobody can carry a CONCEALED pistol into those places listed in the CPL law, and since we agreed, that my pistol was NOT concealed, tell me again why I'm here"

My rendition of monday morning quarterbacking, over all, I think you did a great job of standing up for what you believe is (and actually is) right.
    Rand Paul 2016

Post imported post

I for one enjoyed this audio. SIGfreed, they way you maintained your calm and collected demeanor was nothing short of amazing. I just wish we had the tape of the conversation where they figured out they had no grounds to do what they did.

Post imported post

dbl tap

Post imported post

Whoever put up the youtube video needs to fix something ASAP. It says at the beginning of the first video that "It is LEGAL in Michigan to open carry a holstered handgun in a hospital." This is correct ONLY IF THE OPEN CARRIER HAS A CPL. This needs to be changed ASAP because it is misleading to the viewers and could potentially get someone in legal trouble.
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Post imported post

Is this too harsh of a letter?

Gentlemen,
    I’ve recently become aware of a fellow Michigan citizen who was bullied by the Muskegon County Gun Board on April 22, 2010. Mr. Curtis should be ashamed of himself. I consider that an act of malfeasance. I fear for the People of Muskegon County. I thank God I don’t live in your county, sir. If this is the quality of the prosecutorial staff in Muskegon County, how many law abiding citizens have had their lives ruined? How many still sit in prison today? How many rights have been denied? Mr. Curtis, like it or not, as a veteran of the United States Army you still represent your fellow military members. As a fellow veteran I take offense that I would be lumped into the same group as you. I’ve fought and bled for the protection of our rights and you would have done the same thing to me had it been me there instead of him! You have brought dishonor to yourself, to the U.S. Army, and your office of Senior Assistant Prosecutor. I would fully support a Color of Law investigation or a lawsuit against you.
    It is sad how low the standards must have dropped at Thomas M. Cooley Law School since the turn of the century. You would think they would require one to have at least a high school level of reading comprehension. How pompous of you to consider the law to be above the “common man” as the law is worthless unless the average person can understand the law. A Pharisee you are sir, tying up heavy burdens for other men to carry.
    Mr. Curtis, if you have any honor at all you would at least apologize verbally and in writing.
    Sgt. Gary Miles with the Michigan State Police and Lt. James Christianson of the Muskegon County Sheriff’s Department should also be ashamed of themselves for their part in violating this man’s rights.
    Sincerely,

Someone who can't be trusted to walk free in public with a firearm shouldn't be walking around free.

Post imported post

I'm about to write mine and although it won't be so harsh, it will address the issue with similar boldness. I support your letter.

Post imported post

EM87 wrote:
    I'm about to write mine and although it won't be so harsh, it will address the issue with similar boldness. I support your letter.
    Is the law school and the reading thing too low of a blow? I want my anger to be received as a just anger.
    Someone who can't be trusted to walk free in public with a firearm shouldn't be walking around free.

Post imported post

I think removing that would make it seem less like a personal attack. I don't believe that's what you're going for, so that would be a good revision, as far as I'm concerned.

Post imported post

But the part after it about "above the common man" should stay (in my opinion).

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast