• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lake St Louis MO odd OC incident (Video)

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Walmart like many retailers has policies against photography within their stores. It likely stems from the beginning days of the "low price guarantee" so many retailers began to tout. I know Circuit city used to send out teams to price check the competition etc and a lot of places developed the rule to stop video's of price tags being taken etc.

Photography and recording devices are not allowed where I work either and you would be asked to leave if observed doing so.

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

My best guess is they were worried about looking bad about something. I was wearing a firearm and my buddy was wearing a NRA shirt with the US Constitution on it and a big 35mm around his necklike a tourist. I would guess they assumed we were making some kind of political statement and they wanted no part of it. My goal is to be seen but not to purposely make a scene. To show that a citizen with a firearm is not a threat. So I casually finished my shopping and went on my way.

silo

imported post

Let me know if you're ever in the area! I live right behind that Wal-mart. There's a Starbucks right near it in the strip mall nearby, too.

That Wal-mart has always been very good to me. They have a TON of .40 ammo, a few boxes of 9mm, and some 357Mag. Unfortunately I went in there the other day to get some 357Sig and he handed me a box of 357Mag and it didn't even occur to me to check the box before he rung it up and bagged it. Got home and looked in the bag and thought I was f'ed since ammo is no returns/exchanges. I called the manager and he said to bring it in, and it wouldn't be a problem. I got in there a bit late due to a guy rear ending me on 270, and the customer service guys were tiffy at me because apparently they can't resell ammo that is returned or exchanged. Still, the managers were nice and were willing to do the return since I had asked for 357Sig and was given Magnum.

The nearby Sports Authority also has ammo, and usually an OK sized stock of 9mm. Although they're horrible for having someone present at the outdoor section of the store.

silo

imported post

Only once have I had a problem at that Walmart's outdoor section. And typically the people are very nice. The guy who sold me the 357Magnum and I had a nice conversation about guns. He he usually carries both a .40 and .357 when he's out. Will also occasionally carry a 9mm. He asked what kind of 357 gun I have and I said a Glock 33, which confused me afterward on why he sold me Magnum, unless he didn't know the Glock 33 was 357Sig.

Sports Authority, on the other hand, has NEVER had anyone in the outdoor section. One time I waited, literally, 20 minutes. Had a couple nice boxes of WWB 9mm and I wasn't taking them out of my sight. Waited 11 minutes before an associate even came near enough to ask them if they could get someone to help me. Two minutes for the call to go out, and another 7 minutes before someone finally showed up. Ridiculous. Ended up getting a $10 gift card out of complaining, though, which I don't normally do, but that was just ridiculous.