Thread: oc at a grocery store

Post imported post

Hs anyone ever oc'd at a grocery store? Just wondering what peoples experiences have been with that.
    In a situation when seconds count-The police will be there in minutes.

Post imported post

Recoil88 wrote:
    Hs anyone ever oc'd at a grocery store? Just wondering what peoples experiences have been with that.
    Do you have a CPL?

Post imported post

I do have my cpl.

Post imported post

Here in Owosso, oc at Krogers all the time. Not any real issues, just a funny encounter with a shift manager once.

Go ahead and carry, all they can do is ask you to leave. Then shop somewhere else and take the receipt back to the store that lost your business. $$$$$$ TALKS!

Banned

Post imported post

Whenn I had my CPL, I OCed at Krogers on Dixie Highway, and Davisburg roads, and was asked to conceal, so I started going to the Sashabaw store, carried there for quite a while, then lost my CPL. When I asked to OC there, I was told some BS about a "family environment", and only went back in once, because of habit. Ill have to try the Waterford store when I get my A2 priveliges back in late July.

Post imported post

OC'd at Meijer and Kroger several times but only a few times at Walmart (did today, actually, but I'm usually in and out at Wally for ammo, if they have it). Oh and once at Trader Joe. I've only been asked about it one time at Meijer by the cashier and it was more curiosity than confrontational on her part. I've seen the same manager on several visits to my local Meijer but he never stops to chat.

Post imported post

I need to find a grocery store that doesn't sell alcohol. I will probably get my CPL around the same time Stainless does.
    "I like users who quote smellslikemichigan in their signature lines." - fozzy71

Post imported post

I have OCed at Family Fair in Paw Paw, Hardings in Hartford, Walmart in South Haven and Hardings in Bangor.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

fozzy71 wrote:
    I need to find a grocery store that doesn't sell alcohol. I will probably get my CPL around the same time Stainless does.
    Be aware, it's not just the selling of alcohol only; it's the issue of having a valid liquor license.

Post imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
    fozzy71 wrote:
    Be aware, it's not just the selling of alcohol only; it's the issue of having a valid liquor license.
    Thanks, I do remember reading that and will be sure to check it thoroughly, when/if I find a suitable store that doesn't have alcohol. I have a feeling I will get my CPL before I find a grocery store w/o a liquor license.

Post imported post

Meijer, Walmart, Felpausch, Family Fare, and Sav-a-lot in both Battle Creek and Kalamazoo with no issues.

Why would carryingin agrocery storebe any different than carrying anyplace else?

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Banned

Post imported post

no CPL

Post imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
    no CPL
    OP has his CPL.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Post imported post

The person that posted immediately before you (me) doesn't have a CPL.

I think I may have found a nearby grocery store that doesn't have an alcohol license. Now I just have to go check it out and see if they have enough of my must have grocery items.

Post imported post

I think i will go open carry at the Kroger by my house this week and see how it goes. I definetly plan on oc'ing at as many places as i can this year i have never oc'd before anywhere. So i think i will be in for some interesting looks and questions.

Regular Member American Boy With a Gun's Avatar

Post imported post

Recoil88 wrote:
    I think i will go open carry at the Kroger by my house this week and see how it goes. I definetly plan on oc'ing at as many places as i can this year i have never oc'd before anywhere. So i think i will be in for some interesting looks and questions.
    just wait till may! :P
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." -- Samuel Adams, 1776

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject

Post imported post

i open carry almost everywhere, including when shopping for groceries. Mostly at kroger or mejer. No issues.

Most people either do not notice that i am carrying, or they just don't care. As it should be.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.

Post imported post

Indeed abwag it will be an interesting experience.

Regular Member American Boy With a Gun's Avatar

Post imported post

Recoil88 wrote:
    Indeed abwag it will be an interesting experience.
    ohhh yeeeaaaaaaa......oh well, im used to people looking at me funny :P

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate
    :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." -- Samuel Adams, 1776

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject