• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

oc at a grocery store

WARCHILD

imported post

Here in Owosso, oc at Krogers all the time. Not any real issues, just a funny encounter with a shift manager once.

Go ahead and carry, all they can do is ask you to leave. Then shop somewhere else and take the receipt back to the store that lost your business. $$$$$$ TALKS!

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

Whenn I had my CPL, I OCed at Krogers on Dixie Highway, and Davisburg roads, and was asked to conceal, so I started going to the Sashabaw store, carried there for quite a while, then lost my CPL. When I asked to OC there, I was told some BS about a "family environment", and only went back in once, because of habit. Ill have to try the Waterford store when I get my A2 priveliges back in late July.

CoonDog

imported post

OC'd at Meijer and Kroger several times but only a few times at Walmart (did today, actually, but I'm usually in and out at Wally for ammo, if they have it). Oh and once at Trader Joe. I've only been asked about it one time at Meijer by the cashier and it was more curiosity than confrontational on her part. I've seen the same manager on several visits to my local Meijer but he never stops to chat.

WARCHILD

imported post

fozzy71 wrote:
I need to find a grocery store that doesn't sell alcohol. I will probably get my CPL around the same time Stainless does. :(
Be aware, it's not just the selling of alcohol only; it's the issue of having a valid liquor license.

fozzy71

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
fozzy71 wrote:
I need to find a grocery store that doesn't sell alcohol. I will probably get my CPL around the same time Stainless does. :(
Be aware, it's not just the selling of alcohol only; it's the issue of having a valid liquor license.

Thanks, I do remember reading that and will be sure to check it thoroughly, when/if I find a suitable store that doesn't have alcohol. I have a feeling I will get my CPL before I find a grocery store w/o a liquor license. :(

Bronson

imported post

Meijer, Walmart, Felpausch, Family Fare, and Sav-a-lot in both Battle Creek and Kalamazoo with no issues.

Why would carryingin agrocery storebe any different than carrying anyplace else?

Bronson

fozzy71

imported post

The person that posted immediately before you (me) doesn't have a CPL.

I think I may have found a nearby grocery store that doesn't have an alcohol license. Now I just have to go check it out and see if they have enough of my must have grocery items.

Recoil88

imported post

I think i will go open carry at the Kroger by my house this week and see how it goes. I definetly plan on oc'ing at as many places as i can this year i have never oc'd before anywhere. So i think i will be in for some interesting looks and questions.

American Boy With a Gun

imported post

Recoil88 wrote:
I think i will go open carry at the Kroger by my house this week and see how it goes. I definetly plan on oc'ing at as many places as i can this year i have never oc'd before anywhere. So i think i will be in for some interesting looks and questions.

just wait till may! ;) :p

lapeer20m

imported post

i open carry almost everywhere, including when shopping for groceries. Mostly at kroger or mejer. No issues.

Most people either do not notice that i am carrying, or they just don't care. As it should be.

American Boy With a Gun

imported post

Recoil88 wrote:
Indeed abwag it will be an interesting experience.
ohhh yeeeaaaaaaa......oh well, im used to people looking at me funny :p

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate
:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate