• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

San Diego OC Event

giaking70

imported post

Okay everyone, its time we take a stand here in San Diego and plan the next OC Event. I am looking at doing the event at where it was done last year...Pacific Beach. I want to show the California Assembly that we are a fun group and that were are against AB 1934. I want to plan this within the next month or two say to probably be held in middle of June. I think that would give everyone enough time to plan ahead and then maybe we can move the event over to a public place where we can have guest speakers speak out about Open Carry and what have you. If anyone has ideas of alternate places, please speak up. I am wanting the same location as last year cause there we know where the school boundaries are.
I am possibly asking if anyone has contacts within the police department or sheriff department, we could invite them along and have them document the event as a peaceful thing and not some sort of "protest rally". I wanna stay away from the protest rally type thing as this would be a normal and regular simple Open Carry event. All are invited to come...

Wishful thinking here, but would LOVE to have Assemblywoman Lori Saldana attend, this way she can see firsthand what its all about. This way she can see for herself that there are law abiding people who care about their own safeties since California is NOT a "Shall Issue" state for CCW's. This way, she can see firsthand that the police are NOT obligated to protect anyone out in public and that the law abiding citizen who is OCing, is taking their own safety as their own responsibility. Wishful thinking here, maybe even invite her to carry a gun openly herself so she knows what it feels like.

Ok, I have spoken...let the masses decide...

"As I have spoken to the Heavens, we will prevail..."

Gundude

imported post

The decision for the McDonald v. Chicagocase will be handed down inthe second week of June.If McDonald prevails, then it's off to the courts for Calif. AB 1934 and many other laws will be ruled unconstitutional. If not, we need to establish plan B.

Chrisc411

imported post

So she can get more use outta her bulletproof vest? She wouldnt show probly call an have more police show up and try and shut it down, try to turn it against us somehow. While she hides at home in a panic room or something

giaking70

imported post

Gundude wrote:
The decision for the McDonald v. Chicagocase will be handed down inthe second week of June.If McDonald prevails, then it's off to the courts for Calif. AB 1934 and many other laws will be ruled unconstitutional. If not, we need to establish plan B.
well I did not know that, chalk one up for my ignorance. I really don't know about being able to schedule this in May as my time will be limited in the month of May. Have a lot of family stuff planned...BUT, I think I can wing it for maybe the second or third week of May. Will that work for everyone? I honestly wont know my work schedule then but I guess this will need to be done on a Saturday so this will be an event everyone can attend.

So lemme know....

giaking70

imported post

wow...this is sad that no one has even come forward to say "Aye" I'll make it or I would gladly come...whats the hold up folks? I am trying to find out from you folks what would be the good date to do this but not even one person has even come forward to even suggest a good date.

Guess I'll just forget it...

fourtrax

imported post

new to the group and open carry wanting to learn more about it. Im game to support and i have many friends ive been talking to about open carry who want to get involved cause our 2nd amendment is fall fast june is good for me or any time

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

fourtrax wrote:
new to the group and open carry wanting to learn more about it. Im game to support and i have many friends ive been talking to about open carry who want to get involved cause our 2nd amendment is fall fast june is good for me or any time

Welcome to the board.

I would suggest becoming sufficientlyknowledgable about the law to have the confidence to support open carry without relying on a large meet. And your timing is almost right, late June should be a good time to consider open carry, as the long awaited McDonald ruling from SCOTUS is due then.

desertfox

imported post

I have not yet OC'd, however I am very active in the gun community, NRA member, member of Burrow Canyon, etc....I may be out of town, however I would like to attend every OC event that I can.

I have researched the laws quite sufficiently and would like to OC soon....I would like to fly wingman to someone else that does it already.

Thanks!