• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2A RALLY A BUST

DEROS72

imported post

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=118x313018

We had far more than the anti's could muster and also remember how many were at the Assualt weapons ban which sank that.. You never saw that on this or any other anti sight.We had bad weather but I am really proud of Open Carry .If they think that was an indicator I think they will be surprised..They mustered 2 for the anti Starbucks deal....

69Charger

imported post

We WILL do it again!!!! They can taunt us all they want but until they walk in our shoes, there will always be the trash talkers. Makes them feel good I guess?
SEE YOU NEXT TIME!!!
Dave

amzbrady

imported post

Everyone has to have their click, their group, their forum. It's a way to vent, and spew forth the crap our brains formulate. Hell we even do it. But I think we should be mostly judged by what is accomplished, not by what we agree on or argue over. Like Jim said, look back to the weapons ban. I'd say that was a pretty good indication of what can be done when we come together. Things got done, not said.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

amzbrady wrote:
Everyone has to have their click, their group, their forum. It's a way to vent, and spew forth the crap our brains formulate. Hell we even do it. But I think we should be mostly judged by what is accomplished, not by what we agree on or argue over. Like Jim said, look back to the weapons ban. I'd say that was a pretty good indication of what can be done when we come together. Things got done, not said.

I have over 1000 posts. I have never called anyone a name, read every post if you must. Certainly I think those things but I would never put them in print. I do attack ideas, theories and information I find incorrect. Certainly that does not make me better than anyone else, it is just a technique that I learned at a state college from a liberal professor that I fired guns with at a range. I find the technique a challenge, but I love it.

As to the Rally, they are right, it was a bust. However, it was grassroots and will be built upon. Next year there will be 500, in 2012 there will be 1000, in 2013 there will be 5000 and in 2014 there just may be 15,000 with Ted Nugent as the headline speaker! There were just a few hundred men that started an idea of a free Republic on a new continent a little over 200 years ago. Let us stay united, let us stay true to the cause and we will persevere!

Norman

imported post

It really wasn't a bust. Olympia has rallys all the time that are REALLY small. They had a port protest that only had 30-40 people at one point. They had an invasion of masked bandits holding a march a few weeks ago that only had 60...and 30 of them were arrested. I think we did quite well.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
amzbrady wrote:

I have over 1000 posts. I have never called anyone a name, read every post if you must. Certainly I think those things but I would never put them in print. I do attack ideas, theories and information I find incorrect. Certainly that does not make me better than anyone else, it is just a technique that I learned at a state college from a liberal professor that I fired guns with at a range. I find the technique a challenge, but I love it.

It makes you a better rhetor than the other guys herewho use the same level of name-calling and slurring as is complained about above.

Discussion forums are for.....discussions. Name-calling and personal attacks are for low-level ranting. That kind ofstuff is for bubbas.

I think there probably is about the same percentage of bubbas on the pro as the anti side. Or, it's awfully close.

tony d tiger

imported post

*sigh*

Yeah, I'm sure a few of the posters there were walking through the rally scoping it out.

None had the guts to discuss their point of view rationally with folks of an opposing view. Somebody said, in the other rally thread, that while we can disagree, we should avoid being disagreeable while doing so. I like to think the folks I met in Olympia yesterday are like that... for the most part, willing to accept an opposing point of view for debate, and argue its merits... not resort to apersonal attack.

Hope you do it again, and hope I get the word. I was able to let two friends know ~three days in advance - and one showed up. Tell a friend. BRING a friend.

Seeya' - friends!

Tony D.

DEROS72

imported post

WE will do it again..We atill had almost 200. in the rain ! We did that in a week...I would bet they don't get all their needs met by donation,sound system ,hundreds and hundreds of pages of printing,a thousand free sodas donated ,free hats and shirts donated,speakers,canopies chairs,ballons the whole smash And all done by you in a week.

Because we have good people that believe in whats right..You won't find that at an anti protest.As GoGodogs said Next one we'll get a thousand+

It wasn't a bust ! and you bet your ass I will do this again....

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Norman wrote:
It really wasn't a bust. Olympia has rallys all the time that are REALLY small. They had a port protest that only had 30-40 people at one point. They had an invasion of masked bandits holding a march a few weeks ago that only had 60...and 30 of them were arrested. I think we did quite well.

Actually I think they got all the little punks, 60 is giving them more credit than they deserve.

As you indicate, this rally was about average for Olympia. The fact that Artswalk was going on, also overshadowed any major local media coverage (lets face it, another rally at the Capitol, or one of the biggest street festivals of the year, pick one...)

Should this go down again, better organization is a must of course. I know Deros picked it up at the last minute, so that is understandable. Clashing with Artswalk may have cut down on the crowd size, and I know it cut down on any local media coverage. Once you get about 1k people there though, then you get some decent ink.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

Thanks Glock23! Good pics; and they put the crowd count at close to 200. I'm glad SOMEONE had the time to count!

BTW - How many of you came over and signed the petitions? I was at the TABLE and almost forgot to do so.

Batousaii

imported post

lol - the majority of the crowd at the Seattle "Starbucks"Brady protest was ......

O.C.D.O. and other PRO GUNNERS !

lol ... they were very stunned by this, you could tell by the looks on their faces, and their demeanor. It was pretty funny actually.

1911er

imported post

Batousaii wrote:
lol - the majority of the crowd at the Seattle "Starbucks"Brady protest was ......

O.C.D.O. and other PRO GUNNERS !

lol ... they were very stunned by this, you could tell by the looks on their faces, and their demeanor. It was pretty funny actually.
the photo that the democrapic underground showed on there website was most of the people that helped set up not the crowd that attended.

1911er

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=118x313018

We had far more than the anti's could muster and also remember how many were at the Assualt weapons ban which sank that.. You never saw that on this or any other anti sight.We had bad weather but I am really proud of Open Carry .If they think that was an indicator I think they will be surprised..They mustered 2 for the anti Starbucks deal....
the photo that the democrapic underground showed on there website was most of the people that helped set up not the crowd that attended.

amzbrady

imported post

Just wondering, anyone ever put out an offer to take Paul Humpy or Ralph Falsify out shooting? Just thought it might be good for them to see how much fun it is to go target shooting. Then maybe take them out for a stroll down any Martin Luther King Blvd (in any town) about, oh, say 9:00 pm and see how protected they feel without a gun and see if they would maybe want to strap one on for the walk.