• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A LITTLE GUN HISTORY IN AUSTRALIA

Haz.

imported post

A LITTLE GUN HISTORY IN AUSTRALIA

http://www.nerepublican.com/index.php/2009/03/07/in-a-polite-society-everyone-is-armed/

Since gun owners in Australia were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own Government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars. The first year results are now in:

Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent.
Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent.
Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)!
In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent. Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not and criminals still possess their guns!
While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.
There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the ELDERLY. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such great effort, and expense was expended in successfully ridding Australian society of guns. The Australian experience and the other historical facts above prove it.
England proceeded down this path earlier than OZ; they had the same results earlier. You won’t see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information. They won’t tell you that London bobbies are now armed and patrol in pairs.

Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.

[A righteous man falling down before the wicked is as a troubled fountain, and a corrupt spring.]

Haz.

imported post

What hope does an unarmed populaTion have againstarmed criminals. And they are getting younger and more brazened every day. A 17, 18, and 19 year old arrested. (35 offences).
These three people have been charged with a total of 35 offences, including special aggravated kidnapping, garotting, causing a person to take intoxicants and robbery in company.

Sadly, this is the result of people being dissarmed and defenceless and vulnerable to those criminals who armed.

Haz.
______

Man kidnapped twice in one week.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/man-kidnapped-twice-in-one-week/story-e6freuyi-1225754816658

AAP July 26, 2009 8:44AM

THREE people will face Sydney courts today after a man was kidnapped and held captive twice in a week.

Police said a 19-year-old man was punched in the face and slashed with a knife before being forced into the back seat of a white Toyota Corolla and driven to a western Sydney hotel late on Friday afternoon (AEST).

He was held overnight at the Chullora Hotel and forced to take sleeping tablets.

But at about 7.30am (AEST) yesterday he managed to lock himself into a bathroom and called police, using a mobile phone belonging to one of his kidnappers.

"Police from Bankstown Local Area Command arrived at the scene a short time later and arrested a 19-year-old Greenacre man and 17-year-old Yagoona male youth. They were taken to Bankstown Police Station for questioning," police said.

An 18-year-old Bankstown man was arrested after police pulled over a Toyota Corolla on Rickard Road, Bankstown, about four hours later. He was taken to the local police station and interviewed by investigators.

"Inquiries by detectives have revealed the trio allegedly abducted the same man from Paul Keating Park, in the Bankstown CBD, last Sunday (19 July), before driving him to various locations, including his Summer Hill home, assaulting and robbing him," police said.

The three people have been charged with a total of 35 offences, including special aggravated kidnapping, garotting, causing a person to take intoxicants and robbery in company.

They have been held in custody to appear in Parramatta Bail and Children's Courts today.

Haz.

imported post

All the Australian anti gun activists can nowfeel cosey safe and warm since the Howard Liberal Governments Five Hundred Million Dollar firearms ban and buy back.

Haz.

imported post

Read this statement by a Police Inspector, and dont laugh, He's serious.

"We don’t encourage people to have weapons or arm themselves,” Police Insp Jim Mcarthur."

Thank you Jim, you continue to look after the criminals in this state.

A piece of scum knocks on this young ladies door, she refuses him entry so he stabs her in the face with a screwdriver. She reaches behind the front door, grabs her brothers baseball bat and with just two swings, the fearless young woman managed to disarm the bandit and knock him to the ground. The craven coward stumbles off down the street never to be seen again.

Now read what Inspector Jim Mcarther said about her actions. Inspector Jim Mcarthur described Ms Carr’s actions as “incredibly brave.”

So far so good. He then makes it difficult for members of the community regarding self defence by adding these words;

“People are entitled to protect themselves, but we don’t encourage people to have weapons or arm themselves,” Insp Mcarthur said.

In the readers have your say colum I wrote something along these lines.

If we can defend ourselves in our homes but we must not arm ourselves then what can we defend ourselves with? Our bare hands against armed criminals? And if Inspector Mcarther states that he does not encourage people arming themselves, then I ask why does he carry a gun? And why do police carry guns and tazers and mace? If inspector Mcarther or any member of his family is attacked on the streets or in his home would he pull out his wallet and throw it at the attacking criminal? Would he defend himself and how would he defend himself if not armed?

These are the facts. Every criminal who either breaks, enters and steals, or attacks innocent law abiding citizens on the streets or in their homes is usually always armed

“If a thief be found breaking in, and be smitten that he die, there shall no blood be shed for him” (Exodus 22:2)." A righteous man falling down before the wicked is as a troubled fountain, and a corrupt spring." (Prov. 25:16).

Old Grump

imported post

[font="Arial,Helvetica"] Luke 22:36, which says: " Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it,and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one". Our Lord encouraged His disciples to get protection for use in self-defense.

[/font][font="Arial,Helvetica"] Exodus 20:13, part of the Ten Commandments, we read "Thou shalt not kill" (KJV). The accurate English translation would be "You shall not murder". This commandment does NOT forbid the taking of life under certain circumstances.

My take is this, I am my brothers keeper and I believe in the Golden Rule which is pretty much universal in every religion and philosophy around the world. If my brother is in trouble I will do everything I can to help him including terminating a bad mans right to breathe the same air as we do. I might turn my cheek if you insult me but if you try and hurt me I will defend myself. I am no longer a young man built like a gorilla, I can't fight you so don't be surprised if I stick a sharp object in you or shoot you.

Australians write those letters, make those phone calls, get off your butts at election time and get to the polls. If your liberals wish to be unarmed send them to here, we have room for them in San Francisco, New York, Chicago and Washington DC. They wouldn't like my neighborhood. I live in a little hut in the woods and all but one of my neighbors for miles around are armed and a good portion of them are veterans.
[/font]

Haz.

imported post

Old Grump wrote:
[font=Arial,Helvetica]Luke 22:36, which says: " Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it,and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one". Our Lord encouraged His disciples to get protection for use in self-defense.

[/font][font=Arial,Helvetica]Exodus 20:13, part of the Ten Commandments, we read "Thou shalt not kill" (KJV). The accurate English translation would be "You shall not murder". This commandment does NOT forbid the taking of life under certain circumstances.

My take is this, I am my brothers keeper and I believe in the Golden Rule which is pretty much universal in every religion and philosophy around the world. If my brother is in trouble I will do everything I can to help him including terminating a bad mans right to breathe the same air as we do. I might turn my cheek if you insult me but if you try and hurt me I will defend myself. I am no longer a young man built like a gorilla, I can't fight you so don't be surprised if I stick a sharp object in you or shoot you.

Australians write those letters, make those phone calls, get off your butts at election time and get to the polls. If your liberals wish to be unarmed send them to here, we have room for them in San Francisco, New York, Chicago and Washington DC. They wouldn't like my neighborhood. I live in a little hut in the woods and all but one of my neighbors for miles around are armed and a good portion of them are veterans.
[/font]

Hi Old Grump.

I totally agree.

This would only be of interest to Believers, God says though shalt not kill, meaning dont take another persons life unnecessaraly. But if you do, watch out because God also commands;

"And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man. Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man." (Gen. 9:5-6).

"If a thief be found breaking up, and be smitten that he die, there shall no blood be shed for him." (Ex. 22;2).

When God instituted human government by law after Noah's flood, He gave Noah certain laws by which to govern the human race, and man was then held responsible for self-government (Read Gen. 9:1-7).

There are six very important laws which God gave Noah and his decendants. These Laws were:

(1) "Be fruitful and multply, and replenish the earth" (Gen. 9:1, 7).

(2) "Into thine hand are they [animals] delivered" (Gen. 9:2).

(3) "Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have i given you all things" (Gen. 9:4).

(4) "The blood thereof shall ye not eat" (Gen. 9:4).

(5) "WHOSOEVER SHEDDETH MAN'S BLOOD, BY MAN SHALL HIS BLOOD BY SHED: for in the image of God made he him" (Gen. 9:5-6).

And last but not least;
(6) "I have established my covenant with you . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . FOR PERPETUAL GENERATIONS . . . the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the "EVERLASTING COVENANT" between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth" (Gen. 9:8-17).

These few laws have been the basis of all laws of God and man in every age since the flood of Noah.
It was at this time God constituted capital punishment, and God has never revoked this particular law, "Whosoever sheddeth man's blood, BY MAN shall HIS BLOOD BE SHED (Gen. 9:5-6)." This law will continue as an eternal law, and as is revealed in (Isiah 11:4-9; 65:20-25) it will be in force even during the Millennium.

Haz.