• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Arizona passes Constitutional Carry

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I had to share this argument that I have had on another site. (I do want to give credit to Gray Peterson as well as he mentioned this at the 2A rally)

Originally Posted by ikona
We all pick our hills to fight on. I would rather find a more important battle to wage other than something that is often considered ill mannered. We have legal CHL available, if it makes others comfortable not knowing, why not? I see nothing wrong with manners. Then again, I have nothing to prove.
Originally Posted by ZachS
For, but I think it will prove to be, at best, unproductive as a political strategy.

In response to this quote and the 'I don't think it will work as a political strategy' quoted earlier... consider this...

Last year a young man name Chris showed up at a Obama event in Arizona carrying a pistol and something else (see pic)... everyone gasped! The NRA and other's in 'favor' of gun rights didn't want to touch this issue! Many said that this is a poor political strategy, it makes others uncomfortable, it is ill mannered. If we do this they will ban all guns, they will ban open carry, they will ban concealed carry!!! These are the things all the nay sayers were typing and hollering to the open carry advocates!

By the way, Arizona's Constitution is word for word what Washington's Constitution is, why? Because they copied Washington word for word!

Last week the Governor of Arizonasigned into law'Constitutional Carry' elimanating the need for a government permission slip to lawfully carry a firearm in public! Either concealed or OPEN!

In any struggle for a civil right it is leaders like Chris (and Gray)who make this happen!

chris.jpg

chrisback.jpg

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

After further thought, I was wrong when I thought there should be no long guns at the event. Secondly, yes I know that the interview with Chris at the Obama event was staged, but so was Rosa Parks when she rode on the front of that bus in Montgomery, Alabama.

Matt85

imported post

SpyderTattoo wrote:
Did you see any of the pics from this Saturday's ralley in Olympia?

Hell yes you can OC a rifle.

i havelots ofrespect for any one brave enough to OC a rifle. your odds of being busted on chumped up charges increases by %100. (unless its a rally)

-matt

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Sean Salazar is running for US Senate, and has no influence in the state legislature in this regard. Arizona's statute is different than Washington State's statutes. The court rulings in the state courts in Arizona have not been all that "pro-gun". Arizona has no law like RCW 9.41.270 and never has.

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
ak56 wrote:
Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
My rifle would be in my "trunk" since I don't own a truck.
No truck? Just what kind of a gun-totin' redneck are you?;)
yeah really, that car better be a camaro.
Camaros don't have trunks.... and I would never ever own a GM car.... not now... did in the past, but never again. Its either Ford or some foreign brand.

And unfortunately, ever since they made it illegal to carry guns on a gun rack in your truck... who cares any more what type of vehicle it is?

Trigger Dr

imported post

Washington for liberty wrote

And unfortunately, ever since they made it illegal to carry guns on a gun rack in your truck... who cares any more what type of vehicle it is?

Cite?

Trigger Dr

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
Trigger Dr would want a citation if someone came on here and claimed the sky was blue! :p

But, the only thing I can think of that he is talking about is if the gun is visible in a gun rack, then it cannot be left unattended in the vehicle.

Well, heck, I went and looked and that only applies to pistols! So rifles in the gun rack should be just fine, even unattended.
You have me figured out. Typical Naval Officer:D