• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Vehicle Carry

hunter9mm

imported post

Captain Nemo wrote:
hunter9mm:

I said nothing about transport of a loaded weapon. I wasn't being critical of you per-say on fighting the charge I was just trying to imply it seemed like an opportunity lost and of course your experience is importance to the effort.

Statute 23.33(3)(e)

Rules of Operation

23.33(3) No person may operate an all-terrain vehicle:

(e) With any firearm in his or her possesion unless it is encased in a carrying case, or any bow unless it is unstrung or enclosed in a carrying case.

23.33(3)(e) is a restriction on the operation of an ATV. It implies that transport of a firearm on an ATV is lawful if the firearm is encased. That adds another element of confusion to the situation because as I illustratedin my scenario. statutes 941.23 and 167.31 definitely come in conflict with each other if you transport a firearm on a vehicle that doesn't allow the firearm to be carried "out of reach". That is why 167.31 has to go. One statute says you can others imply you can't.

Nothing in my post was directed specifically at you. It only expessed a consternation.
Nemo Sorry if my reply came across that way, but I did not feel you were being critical of me directly. It is a shame I didn't ave the resources to take this further within the legal system, but there's a whole other part of the story I left out or my original post would be 2 pages long. Some day, when we meet at a WCI function, ask me about it and I'll give you all the details.These defunct laws in Wisconsin will amaze anyone!!!