Thread: Free Lance-Star Editorial cartoon on NRA safety curriculum

Post imported post

Sometimes this guy makes me so mad I can't even see straight. Sometimes I honestly wonder, with so much ignorance in his head, how he can even manage to tie his shoes.

The newspaper has implemented a new comment system, you no longer need a user login to comment.

Maybe some of you with cooler heads can respond. A response from me would not be beneficial...

Here are the artist's comments:
    I’ll probably hear something from this. The state has given the directive to the school systems that if they teach gun safety, even to kindergarten classes, to use the NRA speaking points. The NRA’s speaking points to children are “if you see a gun, don’t touch it”. I think after this the state should get Philip Morris to tell kids not to smoke and maybe Budweiser can tell them not to drink.
    TFred

Post imported post

TFred wrote:
    Sometimes this guy makes me so mad I can't even see straight. Sometimes I honestly wonder, with so much ignorance in his head, how he can even manage to tie his shoes.

The newspaper has implemented a new comment system, you no longer need a user login to comment.

Maybe some of you with cooler heads can respond. A response from me would not be beneficial...

Here are the artist's comments:
    I’ll probably hear something from this. The state has given the directive to the school systems that if they teach gun safety, even to kindergarten classes, to use the NRA speaking points. The NRA’s speaking points to children are “if you see a gun, don’t touch it”. I think after this the state should get Philip Morris to tell kids not to smoke and maybe Budweiser can tell them not to drink.
    TFred

Sorry, Tfred, but I can't resist. This is political satire, after all.

At least two of the "Four Rules" are addressed here:

Treat every gun as if it is loaded (You have 6 bullets)

Don't point your weapon at anything you aren't willing to destroy (You unload two into Timmy) Is/was Timmy some sort of threat?
    :shock:
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

Member VCDL, NRA

Post imported post

Reminds me of the following PDF that our favorite mayor of NYC created. The purpose? To teach his peoples how to SAFELY inject and use heroin.

http://imgsrv.wcbs880.com/image/wcbs..._take_care.pdf

Post imported post

You could reply with the following math problem:

For elementary schoolers:

"Timmy, there are 5 people in your family. A robber kills your mom and dad and then your older brother shoots him dead with your dad's shotgun. How many family members are left alive?"

For highschoolers:

"Timmy, a burglar has broken into your home and raped your mother and sister. After retrieving your moms revolver, you proceed to shoot him dead, how many more rapes will he commit?"

ETA, For College Grads:
    "Timmy, you have successfully defended yourself from a vicious attack. The attacker unfortunately died because of the point-on gunshot wounds you delivered. Exactly what properties and possessions will you now have to sell (dollar amount) to defend yourself in criminal and civil court? (Extra credit: append the word "successfully" to the last question)

Post imported post

The author's comments show just how very disconnected he is from reality. Philip Morris IS INVOLVED in promoting anti-smoking to children and Budweiser IS INVOLVED in helping to prevent underage drinking.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Post imported post

What kind of example is the NRA Professor setting when he obviously has his finger on the trigger?

What would GOA do?

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

I left my .02, for what its worth.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/