• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Free Lance-Star Editorial cartoon on NRA safety curriculum

TFred

imported post

Sometimes this guy makes me so mad I can't even see straight. Sometimes I honestly wonder, with so much ignorance in his head, how he can even manage to tie his shoes.

The newspaper has implemented a new comment system, you no longer need a user login to comment.

Maybe some of you with cooler heads can respond. A response from me would not be beneficial... :banghead:

Here are the artist's comments:
I’ll probably hear something from this. The state has given the directive to the school systems that if they teach gun safety, even to kindergarten classes, to use the NRA speaking points. The NRA’s speaking points to children are “if you see a gun, don’t touch it”. I think after this the state should get Philip Morris to tell kids not to smoke and maybe Budweiser can tell them not to drink.
TFred

cjonesweb042510.jpg

2a4all

imported post

TFred wrote:
Sometimes this guy makes me so mad I can't even see straight. Sometimes I honestly wonder, with so much ignorance in his head, how he can even manage to tie his shoes.

The newspaper has implemented a new comment system, you no longer need a user login to comment.

Maybe some of you with cooler heads can respond. A response from me would not be beneficial... :banghead:

Here are the artist's comments:
I’ll probably hear something from this. The state has given the directive to the school systems that if they teach gun safety, even to kindergarten classes, to use the NRA speaking points. The NRA’s speaking points to children are “if you see a gun, don’t touch it”. I think after this the state should get Philip Morris to tell kids not to smoke and maybe Budweiser can tell them not to drink.
TFred

cjonesweb042510.jpg
Sorry, Tfred, but I can't resist. This is political satire, after all.

At least two of the "Four Rules" are addressed here:

Treat every gun as if it is loaded (You have 6 bullets)

Don't point your weapon at anything you aren't willing to destroy (You unload two into Timmy) Is/was Timmy some sort of threat?
:shock:

45acpForMe

imported post

You could reply with the following math problem:

For elementary schoolers:

"Timmy, there are 5 people in your family. A robber kills your mom and dad and then your older brother shoots him dead with your dad's shotgun. How many family members are left alive?"

For highschoolers:

"Timmy, a burglar has broken into your home and raped your mother and sister. After retrieving your moms revolver, you proceed to shoot him dead, how many more rapes will he commit?"

ETA, For College Grads:
"Timmy, you have successfully defended yourself from a vicious attack. The attacker unfortunately died because of the point-on gunshot wounds you delivered. Exactly what properties and possessions will you now have to sell (dollar amount) to defend yourself in criminal and civil court? (Extra credit: append the word "successfully" to the last question)

wylde007

imported post

The author's comments show just how very disconnected he is from reality. Philip Morris IS INVOLVED in promoting anti-smoking to children and Budweiser IS INVOLVED in helping to prevent underage drinking.