Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 51

Thread: Wrong to allow guns in our parks

  1. #1
    Regular Member jbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    2,241

    Post imported post

    This opinion in the herald is hilarious and disturbing at the same time.

    http://www.heraldnet.com/article/201...s.in.our.parks

    Sounds like thetypical anti stance used to feed on the non-educated in the issue of firearms, rights and law.

    Of course she starts with the predictable Wild West” hysteria then moves to the “gun fanatics can now legally take their loaded guns to the parks” here we have again another anti that didn’t do their homework before opening the yap! by researching it was already legal in county parks. She says “There are many responsible gun owners who wouldn’t dream of doing that" of course she conveniently left out there are many responsiblegun owner whoalready do that, and no wild ducks or kids have been shot.

    The disturbing part,“Weren’t the parks created for the enjoyment of all” aren’t responsible gun owners part of the all? I wonder what other groups or class of citizens she feels shouldn’t part of her “enjoyment of all”?

    I also wonder if she knows it's legal in Edmonds City Parks?




    Im proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

  2. #2
    Regular Member jbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    2,241

    Post imported post

    I forgot to mention I also sent in an opinion yesterday, I wonder if this will be published?

    In reference to article “County drops ban on guns in parks” published Thursday, April 22, 2010. What we have here is a reckless explanation in stereotypical fashion "County Council sees serious problems with allowing unrestricted possession of firearms in county parks, a place where children should be able to play and families gather without feeling threatened".

    Carrying a firearm in parks is about protecting self and family while equally enjoying county parks. Those who arm are afforded the same liberties as those who choose not to, it’s about choice. The convenient labeling of threat is designed to increase control of liberties. Have members of the council abandoned the Washington State Constitution, waging war on our DECLARATION OF RIGHTS?, eager to nullify the excepted belief of GOD given rights, and the choice people have in exercising or not? Is the council stereotyping and is stereotyping not a form of discrimination? It would appear the council sees all who carry firearms a threat, whether a stock broker, burger flipper, drug pusher, member of the armed forces, taxi driver, molester, aerospace professional, fortunate or less fortunate, or even a fellow councilmember! We are all lumped (stereotyped) into one category, threat; an irresponsible person, a killer, one who would surly pack an AK-47 to a picnic and harm other park goers. Their perception being unmistakable, law abiding armed citizens are a threat and do not deserve the right of self defense.

    Watch out Snohomish County, the entire State Of Washington for that matter as anti freedom supporters continue herding masses into believing our constitution does not “defines the rights of the people”, or that the preamble doesn’t really suggest “We, the people of the State of Washington, grateful to the Supreme Ruler of the Universe for our liberties, do ordain this constitution”, or that Article 1 Section 24 of our constitution “The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired’ was a error in transcription, early form of typo and therefore should be eradicated.

    Was the passage of Ordinance No. 10-016 amending SCC 22.16.090, and adding 22.16.095 a true victory for gun rights in Snohomish County? No! Legal gun owners already had the right of possession under state law to carry in county parks. The councilmen had a change of heart? I think not, “County drops ban on guns in parks" was a calculated concession. They couldn’t possibly with any credibility take a motion to the legislature when they were deliberately disregarding state statutes (9.41.290, 9.41.300), and the rights of citizens under the constitution. The victory awaits us in Olympia, when the council’s attempt of gaining powers over firearm possession fails. Lastly, thank you Councilmen Koster for honoring and believing in our God-given inalienable rights and the liberties of an individual.

    Edit forSize.






    Im proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

  3. #3
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    Post imported post

    your letter is much better than her letter,,, you win!!
    not just because you write a better letter,,, its because you speak the truth!!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  4. #4
    Regular Member amzbrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,522

    Post imported post

    "Iam appalled to think about families with children using the parks while gun fanatics can now legally take their loaded guns to the parks! And don’t think they won’t." says Connie Smith


    "I am appalled to think that families with children dont care enough about their own families to carry for their own protection, now that they can legally take a loaded gun to the parks! And don't think they shouldn't." Says me.


    There are many responsible gun owners with children who would dream of doing that and do.
    If you voted for Obama to prove you are not a racist...
    what will you do now to prove you are not stupid?

    "The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of "liberalism," they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened." - Norman Thomas

    "They who can who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve niether liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

  5. #5
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,667

    Post imported post

    "The sacred rights of mankind are not to be rummaged for among old parchments or musty records. They are written, as with a sunbeam, in the whole volume of human nature, by the hand of the divinity itself; and can never be erased"~ Alexander Hamilton
    Live Free or Die!

  6. #6
    Regular Member Washintonian_For_Liberty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Mercer Island, Washington, USA
    Posts
    922

    Post imported post

    Liberals do NOT care about rights.... only feelings. It goes something like this... guns kill people, and make people feel bad... so guns are bad. Never mind a person's right to self defense... that's what the police are for... and you'll never convince them otherwise.... my mother practically puts her hands over her ears and yells "LA LA LA LA LA LA LA..." If I talk about guns... she cries.... and then gets this determined look on her face and snaps "Oh fine, lets give everyone guns, lets give everyone machine guns and grenades and rocket launchers... what amount of death will ever be enough for you!?!"

    Do any of you have to deal with that from friends or family?
    Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. ~ George Washington

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Everett, Washington, USA
    Posts
    178

    Post imported post

    Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
    Liberals do NOT care about rights.... only feelings. It goes something like this... guns kill people, and make people feel bad... so guns are bad. Never mind a person's right to self defense... that's what the police are for... and you'll never convince them otherwise.... my mother practically puts her hands over her ears and yells "LA LA LA LA LA LA LA..." If I talk about guns... she cries.... and then gets this determined look on her face and snaps "Oh fine, lets give everyone guns, lets give everyone machine guns and grenades and rocket launchers... what amount of death will ever be enough for you!?!"

    Do any of you have to deal with that from friends or family?
    my neighbors think im crazy... most of them either hate me or are to scared of me to even respond when i say "good mourning". my mom doesnt understand why any one would even want a gun and thinks be me and my dad are crazy. i have been shunned at parties and treated like a freak, just for mentioning firearms.

    i cant tell you how many times ive wanted to move to a state where id be treated like an actual human.



  8. #8
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,667

    Post imported post

    Fortunately for me, my family understands. My parents own and carry guns. My family is pro liberty on my mother's side of the family. My family is pro gun/rednecks on my father's side of the family. My wife is a Navy veteran and carry's, her sister and brother-in-law are pro liberty. My wife's late mother was a conservative hippie and was pro liberty and pro gun. The only resistance we encounter is my wife's father and step-mother. They are both former life long union member's (teacher and paper-mill worker) and are big government. But they know my passion and beliefs and that of my wife and we have some good discussions. Only one aunt of her's is so rabid that she get's worked up and the conversation must end. Even with her aunt we have some great open political discussions. However, I would attribute the civility, although at times intense, to the fact that both my wife and I are college educated. Her aunt and other's are college educated as well. I only argue to the ideas and never attack an individual. If I get stuck in a point of an argument I simply begin to ask the other side questions and narrow down their point of view. By asking questions you can usually back others into a corner or narrow down their disagreement and find more common ground. Lastly, by asking questions you must LISTEN to the other side. Often times most of us talk and want to be listened to, but I find you can't learn if you don't listen.



    "First Seek to Understand, Then be Understood" ~Steven Covey
    Live Free or Die!

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Poulsbo, Washington, USA
    Posts
    546

    Post imported post

    Matt85 wrote:
    my neighbors think im crazy... most of them either hate me or are to scared of me to even respond when i say "good mourning". my mom doesnt understand why any one would even want a gun and thinks be me and my dad are crazy. i have been shunned at parties and treated like a freak, just for mentioning firearms.

    i cant tell you how many times ive wanted to move to a state where id be treated like an actual human.

    Good grief - we're starting to have things in common with the gay rights people.

  10. #10
    State Researcher Bill Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nortonville, KY, USA
    Posts
    4,291

    Post imported post

    "I am appalled to think about families with children using the parks while gun fanatics can now legally take their loaded guns to the parks! And don’t think they won’t." says Connie Smith
    Yes, just look at how many folks were shot at the downtown Puyallup park when we had a BBQ.




  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Olympia, Washington, USA
    Posts
    172

    Post imported post

    My family is pretty understanding. They chuckle about some of my activities, but are actually pretty excited about the IDPA interest and most of them enjoy target shooting. I tend to carry concealed most of the time anyway, so they rarely even know that I have a firearm on me. I tend to not be very pushy about my hobby and that has worked out well in perking friends/family interest in what I do. I've taught quite a few first time shooters about safety and target practice.

    The biggest issue I've found? Dating. Around here nothing seems to change the avenue of a date like mentioning firearms. I don't want to lie, obviously, but when someone asks, "What do you like to do for fun?" Or "What did you do yesterday?" it puts me in a strange position.

  12. #12
    Regular Member Washintonian_For_Liberty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Mercer Island, Washington, USA
    Posts
    922

    Post imported post

    gogodawgs wrote:
    Fortunately for me, my family understands. My parents own and carry guns. My family is pro liberty on my mother's side of the family. My family is pro gun/rednecks on my father's side of the family. My wife is a Navy veteran and carry's, her sister and brother-in-law are pro liberty. My wife's late mother was a conservative hippie and was pro liberty and pro gun. The only resistance we encounter is my wife's father and step-mother. They are both former life long union member's (teacher and paper-mill worker) and are big government. But they know my passion and beliefs and that of my wife and we have some good discussions. Only one aunt of her's is so rabid that she get's worked up and the conversation must end. Even with her aunt we have some great open political discussions. However, I would attribute the civility, although at times intense, to the fact that both my wife and I are college educated. Her aunt and other's are college educated as well. I only argue to the ideas and never attack an individual. If I get stuck in a point of an argument I simply begin to ask the other side questions and narrow down their point of view. By asking questions you can usually back others into a corner or narrow down their disagreement and find more common ground. Lastly, by asking questions you must LISTEN to the other side. Often times most of us talk and want to be listened to, but I find you can't learn if you don't listen.



    "First Seek to Understand, Then be Understood" ~Steven Covey
    That's all nice and dandy if you can actually get them to be civil and not just call you a gun toting freak. I've been called a fanatic more times than I can count and listening to them solves nothing... they are convinced no one but police should own guns... I've asked "Well what about my right to protect myself?" to which they respond..." That's what the police are for..." it is a round robin argument and goes nowhere... so I've stopped trying to be nice or find common ground and have resolved myself to soundly defeating them politically... and building up organizations which can counter sue all their subversive organizations...

    The Progressive ideology and Liberty cannot coexist in the same country... one must destroy the other. If we fail to recognize this... we will lose the battle. There is no debate... you cannot debate with absolutes... and progressives are all about their absolutes... as are we who absolutely believe that individual Liberty must be protected and preserved.

    Our founders knew what we'd be facing and prophetically warned us;

    “Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty.” ~ Thomas Jefferson, 3rd U.S. President, 1743-1826

    "The liberties of our country, the freedoms of our civil Constitution are worth defending at all hazards; it is our duty to defend them against all attacks. We have received them as a fair inheritance from our worthy ancestors. They purchased them for us with toil and danger and expense of treasure and blood. It will bring a mark of everlasting infamy on the present generation – enlightened as it is – if we should suffer them to be wrested from us by violence without a struggle, or to be cheated out of them by the artifices of designing men."~ Samuel Adams

    Right now, and for the past 80 years, I'd say we have been cheated out of our Liberties one at a time by the artifices of designing men. It won't stop until we stop them... and reversing the damage will be a very hard fought battle indeed.

    My relatives think "We won the election, so just shut up and deal with it... our people get to choose now what the laws are!" Well, my inalienable rights are NOT UP FOR A VOTE!!! And that is something they just cannot understand.
    Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. ~ George Washington

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    265

    Post imported post

    That's all nice and dandy if you can actually get them to be civil and not just call you a gun toting freak. I've been called a fanatic more times than I can count and listening to them solves nothing... they are convinced no one but police should own guns... I've asked "Well what about my right to protect myself?" to which they respond..." That's what the police are for..."
    I find that my anti-gun relatives are also pro-choice. I use that angle to question why they feel they can infringe on my "choice" of self defense tools. I also ask them whether or not they would want an arm citizen to intervene on their behalf should they find themselves being threatened unlawfully with bodily harm or worse. I've also had good success with taking an anti-gunner shooting. I"ve seen some conversions first hand.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    81

    Post imported post

    Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
    Liberals do NOT care about rights.... only feelings. It goes something like this... guns kill people, and make people feel bad... so guns are bad. Never mind a person's right to self defense... that's what the police are for... and you'll never convince them otherwise.... my mother practically puts her hands over her ears and yells "LA LA LA LA LA LA LA..." If I talk about guns... she cries.... and then gets this determined look on her face and snaps "Oh fine, lets give everyone guns, lets give everyone machine guns and grenades and rocket launchers... what amount of death will ever be enough for you!?!"

    Do any of you have to deal with that from friends or family?
    I got my Mom to come around and she was not even born in the USA. Even brought her to Wades and had her shoot my .40 and didn't even blink before putting a few rounds center target... talk about a great Mom/Son moment!

    I only get the "guns kill people" from random uneducated people I encounter on my daily OC... but it hasn't happened in a while considering I'm a 'weather appropriate carry' kinda guy... now that it's getting nicer, I won't be wearing my jacket as much, and I expect to have another summer of "what's that?" and "why do you need that... blabhablhabh... I FEEL blabhblahblah..."

    I don't do feelings, just actions. If the person confronting me about my OCing is not willing to even hear my point of view and basically says "I don't care what you say... I feel blahblahblah" that's the end of the conversation for me. Trying to even reason with the "feelings" of the anti's is a waste of time.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    81

    Post imported post

    Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
    Liberals do NOT care about rights.... only feelings. It goes something like this... guns kill people, and make people feel bad... so guns are bad. Never mind a person's right to self defense... that's what the police are for... and you'll never convince them otherwise.... my mother practically puts her hands over her ears and yells "LA LA LA LA LA LA LA..." If I talk about guns... she cries.... and then gets this determined look on her face and snaps "Oh fine, lets give everyone guns, lets give everyone machine guns and grenades and rocket launchers... what amount of death will ever be enough for you!?!"

    Do any of you have to deal with that from friends or family?
    I got my Mom to come around and she was not even born in the USA. Even brought her to Wades and had her shoot my .40 and didn't even blink before putting a few rounds center target... talk about a great Mom/Son moment!

    I only get the "guns kill people" from random uneducated people I encounter on my daily OC... but it hasn't happened in a while considering I'm a 'weather appropriate carry' kinda guy... now that it's getting nicer, I won't be wearing my jacket as much, and I expect to have another summer of "what's that?" and "why do you need that... blabhablhabh... I FEEL blabhblahblah..."

    I don't do feelings, just actions. If the person confronting me about my OCing is not willing to even hear my point of view and basically says "I don't care what you say... I feel blahblahblah" that's the end of the conversation for me. Trying to even reason with the "feelings" of the anti's is a waste of time.

  16. #16
    Regular Member killchain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Richland, Washington, USA
    Posts
    788

    Post imported post

    jbone wrote:
    I forgot to mention I also sent in an opinion yesterday, I wonder if this will be published?

    In reference to article “County drops ban on guns in parks” published Thursday, April 22, 2010. What we have here is a reckless explanation in stereotypical fashion "County Council sees serious problems with allowing unrestricted possession of firearms in county parks, a place where children should be able to play and families gather without feeling threatened".

    Carrying a firearm in parks is about protecting self and family while equally enjoying county parks. Those who arm are afforded the same liberties as those who choose not to, it’s about choice. The convenient labeling of threat is designed to increase control of liberties. Have members of the council abandoned the Washington State Constitution, waging war on our DECLARATION OF RIGHTS?, eager to nullify the excepted belief of GOD given rights, and the choice people have in exercising or not? Is the council stereotyping and is stereotyping not a form of discrimination? It would appear the council sees all who carry firearms a threat, whether a stock broker, burger flipper, drug pusher, member of the armed forces, taxi driver, molester, aerospace professional, fortunate or less fortunate, or even a fellow councilmember! We are all lumped (stereotyped) into one category, threat; an irresponsible person, a killer, one who would surly pack an AK-47 to a picnic and harm other park goers. Their perception being unmistakable, law abiding armed citizens are a threat and do not deserve the right of self defense.

    Watch out Snohomish County, the entire State Of Washington for that matter as anti freedom supporters continue herding masses into believing our constitution does not “defines the rights of the people”, or that the preamble doesn’t really suggest “We, the people of the State of Washington, grateful to the Supreme Ruler of the Universe for our liberties, do ordain this constitution”, or that Article 1 Section 24 of our constitution “The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired’ was a error in transcription, early form of typo and therefore should be eradicated.

    Was the passage of Ordinance No. 10-016 amending SCC 22.16.090, and adding 22.16.095 a true victory for gun rights in Snohomish County? No! Legal gun owners already had the right of possession under state law to carry in county parks. The councilmen had a change of heart? I think not, “County drops ban on guns in parks" was a calculated concession. They couldn’t possibly with any credibility take a motion to the legislature when they were deliberately disregarding state statutes (9.41.290, 9.41.300), and the rights of citizens under the constitution. The victory awaits us in Olympia, when the council’s attempt of gaining powers over firearm possession fails. Lastly, thank you Councilmen Koster for honoring and believing in our God-given inalienable rights and the liberties of an individual.

    Edit forSize.
    You dropped the capital GOD bomb. Odds are they won't publish it.

    Some constructive criticism though, I think you should stay more on topic next time. I know they're all related, but just pointing out the facts (RCWs involving preemption, lack of massacres occuring, self defense) and not going into religious connotations will help. The second anyone sees religious wording, particularly God, they usually circular file the piece.

    Mentioning that, does anyone know what the "Supreme Rule of the Universe" was all about?
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

  17. #17
    Regular Member gsx1138's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Bremerton, Washington, United States
    Posts
    884

    Post imported post

    antispam540 wrote:
    Matt85 wrote:
    my neighbors think im crazy... most of them either hate me or are to scared of me to even respond when i say "good mourning". my mom doesnt understand why any one would even want a gun and thinks be me and my dad are crazy. i have been shunned at parties and treated like a freak, just for mentioning firearms.

    i cant tell you how many times ive wanted to move to a state where id be treated like an actual human.

    Good grief - we're starting to have things in common with the gay rights people.
    We have a lot in common with gay rights people. Change the Anti's argument to "gay" instead of gun owner and the bigotry is very apparent.

    I concur with the GOD comment. While it is nice to share your opinion, especially in an opinion piece, it adds nothing to your argument and fuels an incorrect stereotype. But hey, it's your letter.
    "Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world." ~ Musashi

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Everett, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,339

    Post imported post

    Here is the response I wrote.

    Re: Wrong to allow guns in our parks 04/26/2010
    If the writer was half as intelligent as their letter makes them sound then they should already know the errors of their thought.
    There already are people carrying guns in the parks. It is something that state firearm preemption, (need help with that word? Here is a link for you http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.290 ) , already allows us to do.
    Do you honestly think that parks are a non-violent sanctuary? Think again. People are assaulted, raped, and even murdered (GASP!!!) in our parks. I am one of those responsible gun owners you refer to. I carry a gun for the protection of my family and of yours if the need arises. I have passed a background check by the Sheriff and the FBI. Have you?
    You mention that Seattle just relaxed their gun laws to be in accordance with state law. What you seem to not understand is that there was an injunction placed upon them by a King County Superior Court Judge to remove the unlawful restriction. Snohomish changed their law to be in accordance with state law because they had to, not because they wanted to. Did you want to pick up the tab for a lawsuit that the county would have absolutely lost? I certainly did not.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

    "though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

  19. #19
    Regular Member jbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    2,241

    Post imported post

    killchain wrote:
    You dropped the capital GOD bomb. Odds are they won't publish it.

    Some constructive criticism though, I think you should stay more on topic next time. I know they're all related, but just pointing out the facts (RCWs involving preemption, lack of massacres occuring, self defense) and not going into religious connotations will help. The second anyone sees religious wording, particularly God, they usually circular file the piece.

    Mentioning that, does anyone know what the “Supreme Ruler of the Universe was all about?
    I don't go to church, but I believe in GOD, so I don't see it as dropping a bomb. It’s clearfounding principle of this country. Could care less if the herald publishes, but I refuse to remain silent in the arena on a thought they may not publish my opinion.

    I interrupt the “Supreme Ruler of the Universe” as GOD, GOD being the Supreme Being.

    "God Bless America" is an American patriotic song.

    “One nation under God” Pledge of allegiance.

    “In God We Trust" Still on the back of A GW in my wallet.

    If we are in fear of saying GOD, then this country is in deep ****?
    Im proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

  20. #20
    Regular Member jbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    2,241

    Post imported post

    gsx1138 wrote:
    I concur with the GOD comment. While it is nice to share your opinion, especially in an opinion piece, it adds nothing to your argument and fuels an incorrect stereotype. But hey, it's your letter.
    GOD comment has everything to do with it.
    Im proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

  21. #21
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338

    Post imported post

    .....it does sound better than our evolved rights........LOL.:P

    (just adding some levity)
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  22. #22
    Regular Member amzbrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,522

    Post imported post

    O/T This makes my wife mad, she is big time religeous when she needs to be. :shock:

    She says God is capable of anything, So theres no way evolution happened. I ask "Then isnt it possible God created everything and let it evolve?" :?

    Course Carlin said my favorite..."If God is so almighty powerfull, could he makea rock so big that he, himself couldn't lift it?"

    Speaking of Carlin, Kinda back on topic, this is an excerpt back from the 80's


    [about airport security[/i]]
    George Carlin: They'll take away a gun, but let you keep a knife. Well, what the **** is that? In fact, there is a whole list of lethal objects they will allow you to take on board. Theoretically, you could take a knife, an ice pick, a hatchet, a straight razor, a pair of scissors, a chainsaw, six knitting needles, and a broken whiskey bottle, and the only thing they're going to say to you is, "That bag has to fit all the way under the seat in front of you."


    George Carlin: And if you didn't bring a weapon on board, *relax*. After you've been flying for about an hour, they're going to *bring* you a knife and fork! They actually *give* you a ******* knife! It's only a table knife, but you could kill a pilot with a table knife. It might take you a couple minutes. You know. Yeah, especially if he's hefty.



    George Carlin: There's a lot of things you use to kill a guy with. You could probably beat a guy to death with a Sunday New York Times!
    If you voted for Obama to prove you are not a racist...
    what will you do now to prove you are not stupid?

    "The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of "liberalism," they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened." - Norman Thomas

    "They who can who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve niether liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

  23. #23
    Regular Member jbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    2,241

    Post imported post

    jbone wrote:
    killchain wrote:
    You dropped the capital GOD bomb. Odds are they won't publish it.

    Some constructive criticism though, I think you should stay more on topic next time. I know they're all related, but just pointing out the facts (RCWs involving preemption, lack of massacres occuring, self defense) and not going into religious connotations will help. The second anyone sees religious wording, particularly God, they usually circular file the piece.

    Mentioning that, does anyone know what the “Supreme Ruler of the Universe was all about?
    I don't go to church, but I believe in GOD, so I don't see it as dropping a bomb. It’s clearfounding principle of this country. Could care less if the herald publishes, but I refuse to remain silent in the arena on a thought they may not publish my opinion.

    I interrupt the “Supreme Ruler of the Universe” as GOD, GOD being the Supreme Being.

    "God Bless America" is an American patriotic song.

    “One nation under God” Pledge of allegiance.

    “In God We Trust" Still on the back of A GW in my wallet.

    If we are in fear of saying GOD, then this country is in deep @#$%?
    Add: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

    Again, Liberties, creator unalienable Rights (meaning they cannot be taken away) God gave us these, not a county seat.
    Im proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lakewood, WA
    Posts
    1,001

    Post imported post

    Amen to that, brotha!
    Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post

    Shooters before hooters.

  25. #25
    Regular Member killchain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Richland, Washington, USA
    Posts
    788

    Post imported post

    jbone wrote:
    killchain wrote:
    You dropped the capital GOD bomb. Odds are they won't publish it.

    Some constructive criticism though, I think you should stay more on topic next time. I know they're all related, but just pointing out the facts (RCWs involving preemption, lack of massacres occuring, self defense) and not going into religious connotations will help. The second anyone sees religious wording, particularly God, they usually circular file the piece.

    Mentioning that, does anyone know what the “Supreme Ruler of the Universe was all about?
    I don't go to church, but I believe in GOD, so I don't see it as dropping a bomb. It’s clearfounding principle of this country. Could care less if the herald publishes, but I refuse to remain silent in the arena on a thought they may not publish my opinion.

    I interrupt the “Supreme Ruler of the Universe” as GOD, GOD being the Supreme Being.

    "God Bless America" is an American patriotic song.

    “One nation under God” Pledge of allegiance.

    “In God We Trust" Still on the back of A GW in my wallet.

    If we are in fear of saying GOD, then this country is in deep @#$%?
    Guess what, guy?

    Some people don't believe in God. And some people will disavow anything you say because you brought your religion into it.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •