• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wrong to allow guns in our parks

amzbrady

imported post

O/T This makes my wife mad, she is big time religeous when she needs to be. :shock:

She says God is capable of anything, So theres no way evolution happened. I ask "Then isnt it possible God created everything and let it evolve?" :?

Course Carlin said my favorite..."If God is so almighty powerfull, could he makea rock so big that he, himself couldn't lift it?"

Speaking of Carlin, Kinda back on topic, this is an excerpt back from the 80's

[about airport security[/i]]
George Carlin: They'll take away a gun, but let you keep a knife. Well, what the **** is that? In fact, there is a whole list of lethal objects they will allow you to take on board. Theoretically, you could take a knife, an ice pick, a hatchet, a straight razor, a pair of scissors, a chainsaw, six knitting needles, and a broken whiskey bottle, and the only thing they're going to say to you is, "That bag has to fit all the way under the seat in front of you."

George Carlin: And if you didn't bring a weapon on board, *relax*. After you've been flying for about an hour, they're going to *bring* you a knife and fork! They actually *give* you a ******* knife! It's only a table knife, but you could kill a pilot with a table knife. It might take you a couple minutes. You know. Yeah, especially if he's hefty.

George Carlin: There's a lot of things you use to kill a guy with. You could probably beat a guy to death with a Sunday New York Times!

jbone

imported post

jbone wrote:
killchain wrote:
You dropped the capital GOD bomb. Odds are they won't publish it.

Some constructive criticism though, I think you should stay more on topic next time. I know they're all related, but just pointing out the facts (RCWs involving preemption, lack of massacres occuring, self defense) and not going into religious connotations will help. The second anyone sees religious wording, particularly God, they usually circular file the piece.

Mentioning that, does anyone know what the “Supreme Ruler of the Universe was all about?

I don't go to church, but I believe in GOD, so I don't see it as dropping a bomb. It’s clearfounding principle of this country. Could care less if the herald publishes, but I refuse to remain silent in the arena on a thought they may not publish my opinion.

I interrupt the “Supreme Ruler of the Universe” as GOD, GOD being the Supreme Being.

"God Bless America" is an American patriotic song.

“One nation under God” Pledge of allegiance.

“In God We Trust" Still on the back of A GW in my wallet.

If we are in fear of saying GOD, then this country is in deep @#$%?

Add: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

Again, Liberties, creator unalienable Rights (meaning they cannot be taken away) God gave us these, not a county seat.

killchain

imported post

jbone wrote:
killchain wrote:

Some constructive criticism though, I think you should stay more on topic next time. I know they're all related, but just pointing out the facts (RCWs involving preemption, lack of massacres occuring, self defense) and not going into religious connotations will help. The second anyone sees religious wording, particularly God, they usually circular file the piece.

Mentioning that, does anyone know what the “Supreme Ruler of the Universe was all about?

I don't go to church, but I believe in GOD, so I don't see it as dropping a bomb. It’s clearfounding principle of this country. Could care less if the herald publishes, but I refuse to remain silent in the arena on a thought they may not publish my opinion.

I interrupt the “Supreme Ruler of the Universe” as GOD, GOD being the Supreme Being.

Guess what, guy?

Some people don't believe in God. And some people will disavow anything you say because you brought your religion into it.

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

killchain wrote:
jbone wrote:
killchain wrote:

Guess what, guy?

Some people don't believe in God. And some people will disavow anything you say because you brought your religion into it.
Well if someone was to discount what this person says just because he mentions God... we have a much bigger problem.... people like that sound to me like whiny biznaches!!!

Machoduck

imported post

"Well if someone was to discount what this person says just because he mentions God... we have a much bigger problem.... people like that sound to me like whiny biznaches!!!"

Indeed. By some anti-religious peoples' line of reasoning we should chuck out The Constitution because the Founding Fathers were religious. If a concept is good, it's good, no matter what the source. And conversely.

MD

jbone

imported post

killchain wrote:
Guess what, guy?

Guess what Guy?

I've been asleep at the wheel! and have completely missed the emergence of the anti God word organization.

Frankly I just don't give care if someone doesn't believe in God, offended or turned away in my use of the three letter word in the free exercising of verbal or written expression. I can assure you and anyone else with that anxiety, that I have no intention of rolling over and discontinuing this belief. There is a larger than life correlation in GOD and the this nation. The Declaration of Independence and our very own state Constitution makes it so, and the politicians need to understand they do not grant liberties as defined and excepted in this nation under GOD. Therefore the use of GOD was important and relevant in making the point in the article.

Just wondering, what name new or category name does this organization have for those who still believe in God and Country?

antispam540

imported post

jbone wrote:
Just wondering, what name new or category name does this organization have for those who still believe in God and Country?
Rednecks? Fundamentalist extremists?

There are lots of names they call us. It seems the nation's popular pastime is Christian-bashing :\ Whatever, though, it's their right - I still get to make fun of their atheism.

jbone

imported post

antispam540 wrote:
jbone wrote:
SNIP: Whatever, though, it's their right - I still get to make fun of their atheism.

Hey that'sa good point! With that we can easily sayregardless of the ignorant names they call us, in the end theystillused their GOD (Creator, Supreme Ruler of the Universe[/quote]) given right of libertyto choose, one that a politician did not grant them. Their GOD given right to express themselves.I can nowexcept this with open hands and hardy laughter.[size=][/size]

jbone

imported post

Yep!he politicians have self evolved into Gods,of course I think the people have helped by remaining silent for so many years.

Glock17

imported post

Guess I would just have to refer back to state law. What doest the law say? If they have a problem with that they can move to a state that doesn't allow open carry. Most likely if that state evolves as the founders intended it may soon be open carry. Then they can move to Canada. They will feel real safe knowing that even if they wanted to they can't purchase a small handgun. Safe indeed.

kyle.huff

[no reference to THAT Kyle Huff...], Washington, U
imported post

First of all, I am not religious - most would probably call me a heathen. Having said that; I think it is irresponsible/dangerous to attack or try to dismantle the "GOD" factor in our national structure - the reason being: it is not inherently religious and has little to do with religion - which was on purpose.

One of the primary reasons for founding our Great Nation was for religious freedom - the freedom to have whatever god or gods you choose to have, or not to have.. In our official documents are even protections of establishment of laws with respect to any particular religion.

I believe, the entire purpose of the "GOD" and "Supreme Ruler" language intentionally went without specifically naming any particular entity "El Shaddai" (Hebrew: אל שדי‎), "The GOD of Abraham, Jacob and Issac", "Jehova", "Beelzebub" or "Ra" - and specifically for the purpose of establishing something outside of the scope of man - i.e. inalienable - without establishing a national religion.

Without such language it becomes difficult to prevent the deconstruction of ones inalienable rights - because if the government gives it, it can take it. If it is just humanism all one must do is make them sub-human and you can take their rights. GOD - whether that be the Ocean, the flying spaghetti monster or a religious deity - is unavailable to reconsider our rights or argue with. So having vague, mostly undefinable, non-specific references to a higher authority which is never actually named provides us with protections from over reaching law or tyrannical political (or religious) establishment. You can't take away the rights given to me by my creator if you can neither prove that creator exists - or does not exist.

That is why I think the language is good, but also I don't believe the language is in reference to any specific god(s). As I stated before - I am not religious; I have however studied many religions and nowhere in any of them can I find the ideas or precepts conveyed in our law or founding documents. The right to bear arms as a notion found in the Holy Bible? That is preposterous in my opinion - in fact, you could most likely find more evidence to counter that notion than to support it. So what religion does it respect? None, and yet all. Whoever your creator is - the United States recognizes a set of rights that were given to you by him/her/it/them, that the U.S. cannot infringe upon - because the U.S. has no desire or intention to replace, manage or influence your god(s) - or lack thereof.

And you know what else? I don't even remember what the original topic was about... =c )

I will leave you with: God Bless America!

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

I have to reply just to say this.

George Carlin is my hero, listened to his HBO specials, that man spoke the truth and turned me into the blunt truth asshole I am today.

As for on topic discussion....

Summer is coming... hot weather means less clothes means there will be more letters like this with people walking around naked with guns everywhere!

jbone

imported post

killchain wrote:
Constructive criticism. Just saying.

So, has your editorial been published yet?

You got me there! I've failed, the only one never published, shoot now I'm 1-0. :(for my whole life.

amzbrady

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
I should have added at the end, "and besides, you never know when you might have to defend yourself against an Everett police officer", but that would put me over 300 words!
Didnt OR. just pass a law, where you can defend yourself against the PD.

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
Liberals do NOT care about rights.... only feelings. It goes something like this... guns kill people, and make people feel bad... so guns are bad. Never mind a person's right to self defense... that's what the police are for... and you'll never convince them otherwise.... my mother practically puts her hands over her ears and yells "LA LA LA LA LA LA LA..." If I talk about guns... she cries.... and then gets this determined look on her face and snaps "Oh fine, lets give everyone guns, lets give everyone machine guns and grenades and rocket launchers... what amount of death will ever be enough for you!?!"

Do any of you have to deal with that from friends or family?
The 2nd amendment, the Bill of Rights, and the 14th amendment are great examples of liberals caring about individual liberties. It is not Toryism which would be the opposite of liberalism.