• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stopped And Questioned While Walking My Dogs This Morning

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Just got back from walking my dogs and the experience this morning was good. I live in White Caps subdivision in Kenosha so I have to plot my walks to avoid those pesky GFSZ's. As I was on the final leg of my walk a Subaru wagon passes me (I always walk strong side to street) and quickly does a u-turn and pulls up next to me. He asked me if I was exercising my 2nd Amendment right and I told him "Yes". He said he wanted to do it but had not gotten around to it yet and was happy to see someone in the neighborhood open carrying. I discussed Wisconsin Carry with him and at first he thought I meant the failed Wisconsin concealed carry bill. I quickly explained our organization "Wisconsin Carry" and gave him the website address. I suggested he join and learn all the laws applicable to open carry and that he would have the backing of Wisconsin Carry if and when needed. He said he use to be a police officer and that when he was he always supported the right to keep and bear arms. I hope he joins us and exercises his right to keep and bear arms.

Carry on!

Spartacus

Banned
imported post

Good work brother.

I literally carry everywhere now (well, not in the shower or in bed), and hardly a day goes by I don't end up handing out pamphlets and doing God's work. So many lost souls... so little time... ;)

lance galloway

imported post

Spartacus wrote:
Good work brother.

I literally carry everywhere now (well, not in the shower or in bed), and hardly a day goes by I don't end up handing out pamphlets and spreading doing God's work. So many lost souls... so little time... ;)

Same hear I don't feel right not having my gun on my hip.

I wish I could OC at work but can't I drive truckand am in and out all day. :(

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

When my wife got home from work I mentioned what happened. First thing she asked "Did you give him a pamphlet?" DUH! I forgot! So now I am making it a point to ALWAYS have at least two pamphlets and Wisconsin Carry applications (Thanks Frank!) with me at all times. :exclaim: