• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lawmakers want to deploy the Nat'l Guard in Chicago

Viorel

imported post

WheelGun wrote:
Viorel wrote:
Basically there are two types:

-Regular National Guard (can be activated)
-State Defense Forces (also federally recognized state militia - can NOT be activated)

State Defense Forces came into being when the National Guard was first deployed overseas during World War I. States realized theystill needed a minimal staff to keep thelocal armoriesopen and to protect facilities such as municipal water supply reserviors and power plants.

For the National Guard, deployment overseas in a war zone was never the original purpose of 'federalization.'

Federalization of the National Guard was in case the federal government had to use military force to defend the nation, it could do so with a cohesive, well organized force, instead of using a collection of individual state units.

Federalizing the National Guard and sending them overseas was, and continues to be, a loophole in the law to augment the regualar military forces without a draft.

State Defense Forces have been working side by side with the National Guard units that remain in the States. They do light security work, and assist with legal paperwork and other clerical tasks.

Some state soldiers operate military vehicles on base and construct training facilities such as shooting ranges.
Agreed. I wasn't stating what should be, but what is.

To add insult to injury, there are NG units that no longer have an active component equivalent.

But hey, every war that happens overseas will be for America's defense anyway, right?

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Viorel wrote:
WheelGun wrote:
Viorel wrote:
Basically there are two types:

-Regular National Guard (can be activated)
-State Defense Forces (also federally recognized state militia - can NOT be activated)

State Defense Forces came into being when the National Guard was first deployed overseas during World War I. States realized theystill needed a minimal staff to keep thelocal armoriesopen and to protect facilities such as municipal water supply reserviors and power plants.

For the National Guard, deployment overseas in a war zone was never the original purpose of 'federalization.'

Federalization of the National Guard was in case the federal government had to use military force to defend the nation, it could do so with a cohesive, well organized force, instead of using a collection of individual state units.

Federalizing the National Guard and sending them overseas was, and continues to be, a loophole in the law to augment the regualar military forces without a draft.

State Defense Forces have been working side by side with the National Guard units that remain in the States. They do light security work, and assist with legal paperwork and other clerical tasks.

Some state soldiers operate military vehicles on base and construct training facilities such as shooting ranges.
Agreed. I wasn't stating what should be, but what is.

To add insult to injury, there are NG units that no longer have an active component equivalent.

But hey, every war that happens overseas will be for America's defense anyway, right?
NG units should never be deployed over seas. You have the Regular Army/reserves for that + the Marines. The National Guard should be used for domestic emergencies only. After all they are the modern day Militia right ? :?

Viorel

imported post

I never stated otherwise ;)

I do find it odd that you state "National Guard" then list the Army & Marines. Are you aware of the Air Guard as well? Or do they "don't count".

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Viorel wrote:
I never stated otherwise ;)

I do find it odd that you state "National Guard" then list the Army & Marines. Are you aware of the Air Guard as well? Or do they "don't count".
Actually I included them in the NG as they are called the Air Guard. Certain forces need to remain in the Continental US in the even of something big.

I did not mention the Air Force , Air force reserves , the Navy or the naval reserves either or even the Marine reserves...is that ok with you ? ;)

M

McX

imported post

Certain forces need to remain.....................you called?:cool:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

McX wrote:
Certain forces need to remain.....................you called?:cool:
Ok, I mean forces that can be counted on to show in force with the right equipment ( hurricanes, tornado's, earthquakes , Volcano's, INVASION, Zombie outbreaks, etc. :cool:

The Peoples Militia can't be counted on to show up in great numbers as they are mostly sleeping.

Aaron1124

imported post

Kind of like how doctors are suppose to put the well being of patients first, when many of them, especially these days, are more concerned with the thickness of their wallet and number of "0"'s in their bank account.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

simmonsjoe wrote:
wow I'm sickened less people are speaking out against the racist comments made on this thread. Shame on all of you. Hitler wanted to remove a whole race you know.
And some of us want to remove Illegal Criminals that should not be here in the first place........They got here in the first place by VIOLATING AMERICA'S IMMIGRATION LAWS, sneaking in,Falsifying document if they even had documents, some of them were pregnant & came here ILLEGALLY then gave birth to an anchor baby, that child should not be given instant citizenship since the mom was not a naturalized citizen.
RIGHTS ARE FOR AMERICANS, not citizens of another country that came here ILLEGALLY. What does race have to do with this conversation ??!! They can be from Mexico, south america, russia, china, etc, etc, etc.....don't matter they are here ILLEGALLY and need to LEAVE NOW !

WOW, i am sicken by the racist comments here, shame on you......sounds like something coming from Obama loving Liberal.

SIGguy229

imported post

Dreamer wrote:
Well, you know, there is a little thing called "Posse Comitatus" in a little document called the US Constitution that PROHIBITS the use of military for civilian law enforcement.

Someone in Chicago might want to think about that, before they get their pants sued off in an avalanche of Federal Civil Rights lawsuits...

You'd think that POTUS, being from Chicago and a Constitutional Scholar, would shut this sort of foolishness down with haste.
Posse Comitatus only applies to Federal troops (Title 10, USC)...not state National Guard called out by the Governor.

Additionally, if the state NG was called up by the Fed (under Title 10, USC)--the same prohibitions of posse comitatus apply.

If the Governor wants to send the state NG to Chicago--he already has that authority. The real question is--why hasn't he done it? (BTW--I don't want to see ANY troops (state or fed) on our nation's streets) I wonder what the political fall out will look like....

Why aren't they emphasizing how well IL gun control laws are working?

eye95

imported post

To piggyback on the last post, cloudcroft's post clearly targeted the two groups who have most been the victims of discrimination. The percents he used undeniably identify the groups he is talking about, while avoiding naming them. I can only conclude that he is maintaining some plausible deniability.

The post was shameful. To OCDO's credit, those who spotted and understood the numbers quickly denounced the post.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

eye95 wrote:
To piggyback on the last post, cloudcroft's post clearly targeted the two groups who have most been the victims of discrimination. The percents he used undeniably identify the groups he is talking about, while avoiding naming them. I can only conclude that he is maintaining some plausible deniability.

The post was shameful. To OCDO's credit, those who spotted and understood the numbers quickly denounced the post.
It may have been shameful but if it's also true....to demo's - one American / one Illegal ?

eye95

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
eye95 wrote:

It may have been shameful but if it's also true....to demo's - one American / one Illegal ?
It is not true. It is an opinionated view of what MIGHT happen. One with reprehensibly racial overtones.

Anyway, I have clearly stated what needed to be said. I will give the post no further credit by continuing to talk about it. Moving on.

stuckinchico

imported post

UMMMM easy tigers if you get easily offended by words you just might wanna work on that.. This is United states of america Not Israel Take some Midol And chill the heck out grow some hide on ur self, put ur big gurl panties on nancy

eye95

imported post

stuckinchico wrote:
UMMMM easy tigers if you get easily offended by words you just might wanna work on that.. This is United states of america Not Israel Take some Midol And chill the heck out grow some hide on ur self, put ur big gurl panties on nancy
I hope your not asking us not to worry about a poster saying that certain racial groups being eliminated from the population of Chicago would make the city a better place. I agree that people do get "offended" way too easily. However, it isn't that racist statements offend me. I just refuse to let them pass without blunt criticism for the ignorant and hateful thought processes that spawn them.