Thread: Southern California Public Radio - Assemblyman Kurt Hagman (R) squares off against Saldana

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Banned

Post imported post

Here's a thought: If cops having to check every OC pistol to see if it is loaded is a burden, how about just allowing them to be carried loaded? Burden gone.

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

eye95 wrote:
    Here's a thought: If cops having to check every OC pistol to see if it is loaded is a burden, how about just allowing them to be carried loaded? Burden gone.
    Actually, their is no mandatory burden - there is a statute giving police the OPTION to check load conditions, and then, only in incorporated areas and portions of unincorporated terretories where the County has banned all shooting. the police can exercise sound discretion - for example, only checking load condition where their is reasonable suspicion that the person might be up to possible crime, or reasonable suspicion that the gun is loaded.

In practice, do the police ALWAYS check load conditions of California folks open carrying? It sure did not look like that at the Capitol gun rights rally held in Sacremento recently from the news video I saw . . .

Banned

Post imported post

Here's how the 911 call should go:

Caller: Oh my God! There's a man with a gun!

911 Operator: Is the gun in a holster?

C: Yes. I am so scared of what he might do?

9: Is he at a school, post office,.........

C: No. He still has a gun!

9: Has the man said or done anything to make you think he is about to use the gun?

C: Yes. He has a gun!

9: Anything else? Is he handling it? Is he threatening anyone?

C: He's threatening me. He has a gun!

9: What has he said that is threatening you or anyone else.

C: Nothing. He has a gun!

9: If he is not doing anything besides carrying a holstered gun, which is legal, all we can do is have an available officer take a look and see if the man is doing anything illegal or is threatening anyone in any way.

C: But, he has a gun!

9: Yes, ma'am. But, having a gun is generally legal.

C: He has a gun, and you are not going to do anything.

9: Ma'am, we will send an available officer by to take a look.

C: Well. I never! *click*

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar

Post imported post

Couldn't plan a better reading of the listener comments if one were to try. There must have been around ten positive comments to one negative comment and one semi-negative comment (he still called it a right).

I wish somebody would put forth the question to Saldana that if police officer's time is being wasted checking to make sure if firearms are unloaded, then maybe it'd be easier just to legalize loaded open carry.

Also, for the record, the school zone area is 1000' from the school, not 1500' like the officer from Los Angeles incorrectly stated.

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    In practice, do the police ALWAYS check load conditions of California folks open carrying?
    No, they do not ALWAYS e-check. I have never been e-checked a single time (even in direct interaction with LA County Sheriff's Deputies)

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

If she (Saldana) is so worried about diverting police officer's attention and time to the call-ins for a person Openly Carrying a firearm, then why not start EDUCATING the community and general public about what the State Laws are and what the Rights are to LAW ABIDING CITIZENS?

Why not start and EDUCATION CAMPAIGN? Hmmmmm......

Banned

Post imported post

dchoepp wrote:
    If she (Saldana) is so worried about diverting police officer's attention and time to the call-ins for a person Openly Carrying a firearm, then why not start EDUCATING the community and general public about what the State Laws are and what the Rights are to LAW ABIDING CITIZENS?

Because Saldana would have to be educated first.

Post imported post

eye95 wrote:
    Here's how the 911 call should go:

Caller: Oh my God! There's a man with a gun!

911 Operator: Is the gun in a holster?

C: Yes. I am so scared of what he might do?

9: Is he at a school, post office,.........

C: No. He still has a gun!

9: Has the man said or done anything to make you think he is about to use the gun?

C: Yes. He has a gun!

9: Anything else? Is he handling it? Is he threatening anyone?

C: He's threatening me. He has a gun!

9: What has he said that is threatening you or anyone else.

C: Nothing. He has a gun!

9: If he is not doing anything besides carrying a holstered gun, which is legal, all we can do is have an available officer take a look and see if the man is doing anything illegal or is threatening anyone in any way.

C: But, he has a gun!

9: Yes, ma'am. But, having a gun is generally legal.

C: He has a gun, and you are not going to do anything.

9: Ma'am, we will send an available officer by to take a look.

C: Well. I never! *click*
    I have a dream....
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Regular Member Brimstone Baritone's Avatar

Post imported post

Who is forcing cops to 'deal with' open carriers? Even Saldana admits that the loaded illegal CCers are more dangerous, but she just can't make the connection. Or rather, she is making connections that don't really exist. "We have the right for responsible and regulated gun ownership." Regulated? Read the second amendment again. The militia should be regulated, the right shouldn't.

And that officer! It is 'appropriate' for citizens to call the police whenever they see a MWAG?

I honestly feel bad for OCers in Cali. I never thought I would say this, but anyone who OCs in Cali is putting a target on their back. A target that says "As a law-abiding citizen, I guarantee that this gun is not loaded."

The faster you get that... politician put in her place, and get on to repealing the "unloaded" requirement, the better.
    There was a time that the pieces fit, but I watched them fall away, mildewed and smoldering, strangled by our coveting. I've done the math enough to know the dangers of our second guessing. Doomed to crumble, unless we grow and strengthen our communication. -Tool, "Schism"

Post imported post

mcdonalk wrote:
    The faster you get that... politician put in her place, and get on to repealing the "unloaded" requirement, the better.
    I don't think you should refer to politicians by their gender. They are an insult to the reproductive process and should be referred to as "it."

This beasty needs a good yank on the leash. Gender, and preference, irrelevant. It's a psychotic hate-monger who wants to see crime, and body count, rise; as it gives it a twisted excuse to increase it's own power.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Post imported post

dchoepp wrote:

Don't confuse them with the TRUTH!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Dianosis wrote:
    dchoepp wrote:

Don't confuse them with the TRUTH!
    Too late, they're already confused.

Post imported post

dchoepp wrote:

Like all the after school specials say; knowledge is power!

And that is the last thing any politician wants We the People to have.

Post imported post

Is it just me or did she admitted supporting the 2A rights of "well-trained" LEO only and not that of the average individual? What part of "Shall not be infringed" can she not understand? And we are using our taxes for this?

Whencan we expect decision on the the McDonald case? It is smelling more like a lawsuit after the decision.

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar

Post imported post

dchoepp wrote:

The reason leftists are so against education, is obvious. Smart people resist stupid authortarians. The liberals have controlled the educational system more and more over the course of decades, and the resulting graduates areincreasingly more vapid unless their parents were involved and helped them learn critical thinking skills. These students are usually not moonbats like their public school instructors.

Real education is a menace to "progressives".

I put quotes on "progressives", because liberalism is anything but progressive. It's regressive, because these ideas have all been tried, and they always fail at best. Look at Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Hitler, Mussolini, Mugabee, Pol Pot,Ho Chi Mihn, Kim Jung ill. They've all failed to produce results that have real increased standards of living, or upward mobility. They created systems where the elite stay rich, and the people are equally impoverished.

That's what liberals want, and taking away the guns is extremely important in implementing that system on a global basis.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...