Thread: Mlive.com - Another successful Michigan Open carry Inc. picnic at Vandercook Lake County Park

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

http://www.mlive.com/news/jackson/in...ts_suppor.html

SNIP

More than 20 gun-rights supporters attend 'open-carry' gathering in Vandercook Lake
    By Jake Bolitho
    April 26, 2010
    Hamburgers, hot dogs and baked beans weren’t the only items on hand at a Sunday afternoon picnic in Vandercook Lake.

The rainy weather didn’t prevent more than 20 gun-rights supporters from gathering in Vandercook Lake County Park for an “open-carry” gathering.

The picnic was sponsored by the nonprofit organization Michigan Open Carry. Organizers said they aimed to educate people of the legality of openly carrying a handgun in Michigan. A similar event was last summer at Sparks Foundation County Park.

“I believe any gun control law is unconstitutional,” said Jackson resident and Michigan Open Carry member Gordon Cannon, who carried a 9 mm handgun.

“I carry it to protect my children ... We’re not just a bunch of hicks and rednecks.”

In Michigan, any person over age 18 without a criminal record may openly carry a registered firearm while holstered in most public places.

. . .

Michigan is one of 44 states that allow open carrying of a handgun, while the practice has been long banned in the other six states.

Post imported post

Good article. I posted some correct information in the comments section to counteract some of the incorrect information being given there.
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    http://www.mlive.com/news/jackson/in...ts_suppor.html

SNIP

More than 20 gun-rights supporters attend 'open-carry' gathering in Vandercook Lake
    By Jake Bolitho
    April 26, 2010
    Hamburgers, hot dogs and baked beans weren’t the only items on hand at a Sunday afternoon picnic in Vandercook Lake.

The rainy weather didn’t prevent more than 20 gun-rights supporters from gathering in Vandercook Lake County Park for an “open-carry” gathering.

The picnic was sponsored by the nonprofit organization Michigan Open Carry. Organizers said they aimed to educate people of the legality of openly carrying a handgun in Michigan. A similar event was last summer at Sparks Foundation County Park.

“I believe any gun control law is unconstitutional,” said Jackson resident and Michigan Open Carry member Gordon Cannon, who carried a 9 mm handgun.

“I carry it to protect my children ... We’re not just a bunch of hicks and rednecks.”

In Michigan, any person over age 18 without a criminal record may openly carry a registered firearm while holstered in most public places.

. . .

Michigan is one of 44 states that allow open carrying of a handgun, while the practice has been long banned in the other six states.
    Some(including me) could take offense to that,some of us take pride in being redneck!

not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.