Thread: OA news help needed

Post imported post

Hey all, Please check out the link I provided. I am trying to get the OC info out to the public in my area and need some help in responding to these people if you have the time.

http://www2.oanow.com/oan/news/local.../#comment_form

Give me some pointers, if you think I did not post info correctly, please correct me so I can get it right when I post

Thanks, Jim

Banned

Post imported post

One poster said that -52 discusses OC. That is the mistake that I made when I first got here. OC is legal because the ALSC says the AL Constitution affirms that right. Therefore, -52 can only be discussing CC.

That's the argument that sealed the deal for me. You can direct Alabamians to the thread I started titled "This law seems to prohibit a lot of OC." The thought process I was taken through, convincing me that OC is legal in Alabama is clearly illustrated in that thread.

Also, the Montgomery PD was recently forced to face this issue, and now openly recognizes that OC is legal. If anyone doubts that, have them call the deputy chief for investigations or the city attorney.

On a side note, come on out to next week's Montgomery Starbucks. It's less than an hour away. Or, how about hosting a future Montgomery Starbucks in Auburn or Opelika?

Post imported post

I plan on getting more involved. Right now it is just finding the time. Hopefully, in about a month or two, I will be retired from the National Guard and will have a lot more free time to get involved. Would love to hold an Auburn/Opelika Starbucks in the future.

I also have been meaning to contact the Lee county sheriffs office to find out how he trains his deputies regarding OC.

I will refer them to your thread though. Thanks for the help.

Post imported post

cowboy67 you got it across to me good i am telling all of my gun buddys about www.alabamaopencarry.com,its awesome i also live here in Opelika