• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OA news help needed

cowboy67

eye95

imported post

One poster said that -52 discusses OC. That is the mistake that I made when I first got here. OC is legal because the ALSC says the AL Constitution affirms that right. Therefore, -52 can only be discussing CC.

That's the argument that sealed the deal for me. You can direct Alabamians to the thread I started titled "This law seems to prohibit a lot of OC." The thought process I was taken through, convincing me that OC is legal in Alabama is clearly illustrated in that thread.

Also, the Montgomery PD was recently forced to face this issue, and now openly recognizes that OC is legal. If anyone doubts that, have them call the deputy chief for investigations or the city attorney.

On a side note, come on out to next week's Montgomery Starbucks. It's less than an hour away. Or, how about hosting a future Montgomery Starbucks in Auburn or Opelika?

cowboy67

imported post

I plan on getting more involved. Right now it is just finding the time. Hopefully, in about a month or two, I will be retired from the National Guard and will have a lot more free time to get involved. Would love to hold an Auburn/Opelika Starbucks in the future.

I also have been meaning to contact the Lee county sheriffs office to find out how he trains his deputies regarding OC.

I will refer them to your thread though. Thanks for the help.