Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hopkins Lake Picnic in Owosso

Post imported post

Picnic & Free Fishing at Hopkins Lake

I am going to make this an annual event on the free fishing weekend so the date will change each year. It will always be on a Sunday (less crowded). There are pavilions w/hibachis, fishing, volleyball court, nature trail. Sorry, no swimming allowed.
    My "old man" flat bottom boat will be there for use (if I'm not in it).
    Sorry, bring your own tackle and strong arms for the oars.
    If there is enough interest I will reserve a pavilion, if not...first come, first served.

As an incentive for some competition; I will buy one box of ammo (50rnd-$25) for the person who catches the biggest (longest length) fish. (I don't get beat too often)

Hosted by: Warchild--Jerry Brewer
    When: Sunday, June 13th @ noon
    Where: Hopkins lake in Gerald E. Collamer park, Owosso.
    What to bring: insert usual list here....

Post imported post

im in!
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

Is that a box of any caliber? If I win, and I will does that offer include a box of .50 cal?
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

^ I believe it's for a box of 600 or 700 Nitro Express but I could be wrong tho.

I'm in, I'll talk to Jim to see if he and the mrs can attend.

Post imported post

C'mon now guys, you gotta nit-pick me on the dime....

Okay....$25.00 and you buy whatever you want or can get...how's that.
    ooops
    My average catch out of that lake is 17"....just be forewarned...:what:

ETA: I may have some competition...forgot I gave Brian the hottest bass lure on the market right now....DAMN!!!!

Post imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
    My average catch out of that lake is 17'....

Holy mackerel! Seventeen feet? I've heard of tall fish stories, but you top 'em all Jerry! :P

BTW, I'm in for the gathering . . . but not the fishin'.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Post imported post

DanM wrote:
    WARCHILD wrote:
    My average catch out of that lake is 17'....

Holy mackerel! Seventeen feet? I've heard of tall fish stories, but you top 'em all Jerry! :P

BTW, I'm in for the gathering . . . but not the fishin'.
    http://www.fox19.com/Global/story.as...p;nav=menu63_2
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

That pic on the left is ............ very disturbing...
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Post imported post

Bikenut wrote:
    Then this one of himhaving a cigarette afterwards is worse. It's a grouper not a gropper.

Post imported post

Why....it smells like FISH doesn't it?:what:

Post imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
    Why....it smells like FISH doesn't it?:what:
    Like the Sh*t house door on a tuna boat.

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    Bikenut wrote:
    Then this one of himhaving a cigarette afterwards is worse. It's a grouper not a gropper.
    Talk about hard up!!! :what:
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Post imported post

Bikenut wrote:
    reminds me of my cousin,he goes for the big fat ones that smell like tuna.
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Post imported post

i'm a maybe.

Post imported post

Yooperlady and I might attend... but if Warchild is looking to catch a fish like this one we won't be anywhere near that lake! Heck... he might lose his lure and want to borrow another one!:what:..........................

Post imported post

If there's a fish that big in there, I'll feed him whatever fish I have caught and say you're welcome sir!:P

Post imported post

for a fish like that... its probably more appropriate to go with the available lead bait that will be in the area that day...

Regular Member American Boy With a Gun's Avatar

Post imported post

viperar15 wrote:
    for a fish like that... its probably more appropriate to go with the available lead bait that will be in the area that day...
    .+1 lmao....im going offline for a little bit, if someones not too busy would you mapquest directions to the lake from warren and post em here?....id appreciate it!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." -- Samuel Adams, 1776

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject

Post imported post

FYI: Just remembered... anyone coming to the lake should come by the southerly route coming from I-69, Perry exit. Take M-52 north appx. 12 miles. Turn right into the Baker college entrance...lake is on the road to the right. You can see it from the drive.

M-52 is closed at M-21 downtown...construction.

Sorry for the inconvenience.... DOT's fault.

Post imported post

American Boy With a Gun wrote:
    viperar15 wrote:
    .+1 lmao....im going offline for a little bit, if someones not too busy would you mapquest directions to the lake from warren and post em here?....id appreciate it!
    http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=42....9%2C-84.176065

Regular Member American Boy With a Gun's Avatar

Post imported post

Thanks!....i might be able to make it....i should be legally driving by then....im a very poor fisherman tho.....it probably doesnt help i hate most seafood
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." -- Samuel Adams, 1776

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject

Post imported post

I'll be there.
    The use of force is a last resort. One aspect of violence is that it is unpredictable. Although your initial intention may be to use limited force, once you have engaged in violence the consequences are unpredictable. Violence always brings about unexpected results and almost always provokes retaliation.

Dalai Lama

http://www.generalnewsgroup.com/

Post imported post

Is there a Public Boat Launch?
    Rights are like muscles. You must EXERCISE THEM to keep them from becoming atrophied.

Post imported post

PDinDetroit wrote:
    Is there a Public Boat Launch?
    Yes, but it's a small, and muddy.

Post imported post

Yes, kinda... it's just a bank launch but there are 3 of them. Only one is large enough for vehicle/trailer launch. It's not a real big lake and is posted Electric motors only. I was told it was originally made as a wild life area, so electric motors only and no swimming. It is a rather shallow lake, deepest is 24 ft. in the center portion and very weedy. Great bass habitat... lg / sm mouth, some pike and perch, catfish and of course the ever breeding sunfish and bluegills.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast